Leafs playoff strategy

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Might as well just call up the Hanson Brothers. But then we run the risk of the other team loading up with Dr. Hook, Poodle, the Big Chief, and worst of all Ogie Ogelthorpe
Which means we might win the rigged game while sparing watching our stars' get mugged, injured without consequences. I see it all the time. They flagrantly assault our stars', no penalty. 5 min later a perfectly sound check become a penalty for us. It's too obvious. It's disgusting and needs to be addressed in some form of protest to shed light onto it.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
It’s going to be a war Boston. Old foe. Renewed hostility, old wounds, new wounds need to be inflicted on the other side.
With Maroon trailing everybody like a three legged dog hoping to get close enough to cause a scrum:)

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I have my own playoff strategy this year.

It involves watching the second round or training camp, whichever comes first.

I'm not expecting much from this group -- or rather these groups as the Leafs seem to have at least three different teams: the Rich and Famous, the Mediators, and the Workers. They don't usually all show up on the same nights.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
It's up to Shanny to complain about this. If he just sits around like a lame duck then he is part of the problem and no help for a solution. Fans aren't going to fix the reffing. If it's any consolation, bias toward certain teams is probably even worse in Russia and exists in all pro sports in North America. We've even seen it in the Olympics.

Clifford must be blacklisted by someone in the organization. Reaves went through a very unproductive period without Clifford being given a thought. We don't have enough depth or large enough roster size to have both Clifford and Reaves in the lineup at the same time.

Reactions: BayStBullies

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It is going to be a blood bath of a series .. bottom line is da core guys need to help out on all fronts .. assuming/if they come to battle with skill only (like previous 7 seasons) then team very likely fails to advance to 2nd round .. now things can occur like last year where Tampa lost almost all of its NHL defensemen .. this made it possible to get through 1 round .. but this year that scenario is highly unlikely .. bottom line unless Matty, Mitch, Willy and JT decide to lay their bodies on da line this team will be gone again in round 1

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
We have Kyle Clifford. As we know certain games are rigged through the reffing. What if we load up on goons and attack their stars like they are allowed to do to ours without consequences. Take the auto loss but inflict maximum pain?
You lost me with the rigged throgh reffing games.
I try to watch the Leafs as objectively as I can and what I see? They get jobbed on a bunch of calls in the playoffs and in the regular season too, but fans of this forum often seem to 'ignore' or just accept when calls go the other way.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'm honestly not saying this because it's Boston, but does anyone else think it's total shite that you know pretty much exactly who your playoff matchup will be by early March? This format blows.
Like last year, the Leaf matchup is the only one that's pretty much settled. Perhaps if they accumulated more points it could be more of a surprise.

*even with the preferred 1-8, 2-7, their opponent would almost certainly be known (Carolina)

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
strategy....

1710260541941.png

Reactions: wingman75

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
A primary step towards a chance of winning, is pre-big money Marner showing up.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Number one target is Marchand. He took out Lilly no repercussions. Hit Knies with a cheap shot no repercussion. The guy is a rat and will injure someone without a second thought if he thinks he'll get away with it. Hit him hard every shift, every chance you get. Get under his skin... you know with his temper and history he'll blow a gasket and do something stupid... just hope he actually gets called for it. Although the Refs seem to like Boston for some reason.

Make sure all our big D are in the lineup and hammer him hard every chance you get.

Last edited:

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Game One Lines:

Knies - Matthews - Jarnkrok
McMann - Tavares - Marner
Bertuzzi - Domi - Nylander
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - - - Boosh
Benoit - McCabe
Edmundson - Lily

Samsonov
Woll​

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Game One Lines:

Knies - Matthews - Jarnkrok
McMann - Tavares - Marner
Bertuzzi - Domi - Nylander
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - - - Boosh
Benoit - McCabe
Edmundson - Lily

Samsonov
Woll​
Leafs down 0 - 1 in the series... any lineup that has Tavares at 2C is not "playoffs ideal" imho
Jarnkrok looks like he may have been concussed last night and hasn't looked great since his return from previous injury... very much doubt he'll be on line 1 come playoff time

Reactions: HolyCrap

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
We have Kyle Clifford. As we know certain games are rigged through the reffing. What if we load up on goons and attack their stars like they are allowed to do to ours without consequences. Take the auto loss but inflict maximum pain?
Wear down our playoff opponent for the benefit of...that team's next playoff opponent? I'm not seeing how this benefits our team?

Reactions: banks and ACC1224
Sep 18, 2009
I agree they should goon it up they are probably going to lose

Reactions: darrylsittler27

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs down 0 - 1 in the series... any lineup that has Tavares at 2C is not "playoffs ideal" imho
Jarnkrok looks like he may have been concussed last night and hasn't looked great since his return from previous injury... very much doubt he'll be on line 1 come playoff time
Jarnkrok wasn't concussed. Hand injury... details in the next game thread.

Line numbers are foolish in mock lineups anyway, and people put too much faith in them.

Umm.. that's not a good plan. Just play hard physical hockey, and play the best you can. We have enough heavy and physical guys now, play our style, and try to win. Winning is better anyway.

and rigged? :laugh:

Reactions: banks

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Game 1, dress Reaves, Clifford, Benoit, Lyubushkin, Edmundson. Forget about hockey, throw flying cross checks to the head, grab guys by the neck and slam their heads into the ice, take someones knee out, then play the rest of the series with their stars banged up.
I’d love to see that but Boston’s best players like Pasternak and Marchand don’t mind the rough stuff and can dish it out when needed where our top players just try and turn the other cheek and embarrass themselves.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Other than no Brodie, I like it.
Brodie disappears in physical hockey games. Can’t have three soft players like Brodie, Lily and Rielly in the lineup when the Bruins will be crashing the net. Lily or Brodie has to sit. See which one of them players better in the next few weeks.

Reactions: CincoHolio

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I’d love to see that but Boston’s best players like Pasternak and Marchand don’t mind the rough stuff and can dish it out when needed where our top players just try and turn the other cheek and embarrass themselves.
Being tough doesn't make you immune to headshots and knee on knees, but I'm sure the Bruins know all about that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad