The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Scrivens lost last night, now it's Reimer's turn to shine

JVR - Grabo - Kulie are now playing together? yes awesome

hope Gards is back

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Crosby to score his first against us, same with Malkin :shakehead.

Kessel and Lupul to score their first against the Pens :D

I think we have actually done pretty well against Pittsburgh these past couple of years. Kessel seems to do well against them too.

Hope we can steal this one.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
I'd go with Scrivens against the Pens and Reimer against NYI. Hopefully someone other than Kadri or Bozak can start producing as well.

Either way I'm sure Malkin and Crosby will have their way...

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I'm happy with those forward lines.

Wonder how the D is gonna look. Gardiner should be back and Komi/Franson looked good in the game they played.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I don't think this game is as much of a write-off as many do.

The pens lose alot of games over the course of a year. Its about executing a game plan, playing Crosby and Malkin hard.

Sure chances are low, but even if we can keep it close, maybe get into OT or SO... I'll take it.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'm not as down on this game as others are. This new system that RC has implemented means that we can be beaten by the weaker teams, but it also gives us a chance against the elite teams at the same time. It will keep us within striking distance every night. Should be interesting to see they handle the Pens.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Scrivens better start, also hope 2nd line is shaken up and lastly Kadri needs more ice time. I have a feeling crosby is going to light us up.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I'll be happy if we lose a close one. Toronto is an AHL team compared to Pittsburgh, they will only keep it close by playing harder.

Kyle Doobas*

I'm not as down on this game as others are. This new system that RC has implemented means that we can be beaten by the weaker teams, but it also gives us a chance against the elite teams at the same time. It will keep us within striking distance every night. Should be interesting to see they handle the Pens.
We've gone 2-1-1 against them in both of the past two seasons, so we seem to have their number for the most part, considering the disparity in talent.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I'll be happy if we lose a close one. Toronto is an AHL team compared to Pittsburgh, they will only keep it close by playing harder.

I feel like everybody always over-estimates Pittsburgh because of Crosby and Malkin, they are a deep team at C, VERY shallow on the wings, and a meh defence with the only notable IMO being Letang (Will improve in a year or two).

A good team obviously, but over-rated due to Crosby/Malkin combo IMO.

mikebel111*

nice to see kadri on top PP unit, nothing against bozak, he has played great, but this PP needs skill, bozak has skill, but kadri has elite skill
good change of putting JVR with grabo and kulimen, mac with kadri and komarov, hopefully it sparks grabo's line

THHT

Oct 29, 2009
Put Scrivens out there. Don't care if he gets blown out. It's better for him now than later.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I hope that the d pairings will change up a bit. Gunnarsson looked awful against the Sabres, so I hope that he takes a game off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad