Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins home opener

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590

Leafs Lines: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, JVR-Grabo-Kulemin, MacArthur-Kadri-Komarov, Brown-McClement-Orr-Steckel

I think that's a good little tweak in the lineup.

abhanot

Jan 27, 2012
Start Scrivezina against the Pens, Reimer against the Isles, and Scrivens again against the Rags on Saturday.

Lines desired:

Kessel-Bozak-Lupul
Komarov-Kadri-JVR
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin
Orr-McClement-Brown

Phaneuf-Kostka
Gardiner-Komisarek
Liles-Franson

Mr Scarface*

Agreed.

Hopefully Naz gets more ice time than first 2 games

Gardiner back? I hope so
I guaranteed fact I can assure you: Nazem Kadri will not be playing a lot if we have the lead. He will be getting icetime if we are chasing a team though.

Hologram

Jan 19, 2013
Good change-up. I believe they (JvR, Kuli, Grabo) practiced together once during "camp" as well.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
2 games, 3 goals against, no softies, and has been playing during the lockout. Don't see any reason why you would think Reimer has earned it by sitting on the bench after having a bad camp.

I didn't say Reimer earned the start. I said Scrivens didn't earn the next one. A couple of the goals against were saveable IMHO. His rebound control hasn't been all that great either. After allowing 2 goals in 7 shots, and only posting a .900 save percentage last night, I don't know how you can say he earned this next one...

That said, as someone previously posted. It MAY make more sense to give Reimer the start at home against the easier opponent.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
We will win. It seems the home team in a home opener has been losing this year so far

Leafs,Habs,Vancouver,Kings,Philly,Winnipeg,Islanders,Nashville .. all lost lol

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Opening nights haven't been good to the home teams for the most part this season, hopefully the Pens are victims of this as well.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I didn't say Reimer earned the start. I said Scrivens didn't earn the next one. A couple of the goals against were saveable IMHO. His rebound control hasn't been all that great either. After allowing 2 goals in 7 shots, and only posting a .900 save percentage last night, I don't know how you can say he earned this next one...

2 goals on 20 shots. Comical to look at a save percentage for ONE game. Why don't you look at two games? .929 isn't so bad.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

He has allowed 3 goals. One was a massive deflection, one was a breakaway, and one was people banging away infront of the net, with our captain putting his stick on Gionta's ass instead of keeping it on ice.

How do those seem like savable situations to you? If you saw yesterdays game, you will realize that .900 doesn't reflect how he played. He made some key saves in the third, and kept us in the game for a good 5-10 mins in the end, when we went a little easy on our defensive assignments.

He has shown absolutely no reason for us to consider sitting him.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Finally. Kadri getting PP time with 81 and 19 in practice.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
2 goals on 20 shots. Comical to look at a save percentage for ONE game. Why don't you look at two games? .929 isn't so bad.

I'm not just looking at save percentage. It's just a point. Fact is, the Leafs have limited scoring chances from both of their opponents, with most of the shots coming from the perimiter. Scriven's rebound control against Montreal was HORRIBLE. The leafs limited Montreal to scoring chances. Thats why only 1 goal was allowed then, and IIRC, that goal was a result from poor rebound control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest