GDT: Leafs @ Ottawa, Saturday, Feb 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's retroactive so they get the same cap relief. You don't put him on LTIR right away because there's no way to judge how fast he will recover. Turns out it was worse than they thought.
They knew he was out at least 1 month. 24 days and 10 games is the minimum.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
They knew he was out at least 1 month. 24 days and 10 games is the minimum.
No they didn't. Ankle sprains can heal quickly depending on the severity. There's no way the Leafs knew how hurt he was so I don't see the big deal. They still get the cap relief so I don't see how this is an issue.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
No they didn't. Ankle sprains can heal quickly depending on the severity. There's no way the Leafs knew how hurt he was so I don't see the big deal. They still get the cap relief so I don't see how this is an issue.
It’s not a big deal, but didn’t they originally say it would be after the all-star break?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This smells of an overtime game.

Some sorta “comeback” to get it there. Whether that’s a meltdown or leafs waking up late in the 3rd - I do not know.
Sounds about right. And take the over. It's hard to imagine these two teams playing a low-scoring game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I hope Gio sits in the stands he has been absolutely horrendous and could cost the Leafs more valuable points down the stretch.

I do feel sorry for Lilly having to play as his partner.

Rewatching some past games in which Gio has been the leading culprit of mistakes amongst Leaf blue liners.

Grow some nuts Keefe and sit him in the press box.
Gio should never see the inside of a plane until the playoffs. Brodie, should be limitted to short haul trips. The rest is far more valuable than them playing now.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It’s not a big deal, but didn’t they originally say it would be after the all-star break?
I mean it's still after the all-star break they're not lying. Besides I'm more interested to see how Jones will do in a start after all this rest. He looked super solid in California. Woll can take time to heal and maybe get an AHL game in before coming back to take the net. I wonder if Jones will play , every start he makes is crucial if he wants to stay in the rotation.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Just for once, I'd like to see our Leafs take control of a game from the opening faceoff and win the game going away. Something like 6-1 !!!

Our Leafs need this game, and especially the 2 points !!!

Reactions: weems and Burnie97

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I don’t mind Samsonov not starting, he’s been good but don’t want to overwork him so Jones getting it is fine

Gio is out, sucks that he got injured but he shouldn’t be playing regardless of the injury

Core 4 need to continue to light it up

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I hope Gio sits in the stands he has been absolutely horrendous and could cost the Leafs more valuable points down the stretch.

I do feel sorry for Lilly having to play as his partner.

Rewatching some past games in which Gio has been the leading culprit of mistakes amongst Leaf blue liners.

Grow some nuts Keefe and sit him in the press box.
sit Brodie too I say.............

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Sure they would have known, if it was grade 1, 2, or 3. If they didn’t know, why does the medical community have 3 grade levels?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I was kind of hoping they'd bring Steeves up and maybe work him into a game or two as the games pile on. They'd have to LTIR someone though

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
FWIW -- I had a high ankle sprain playing soccer that took me two years to heal. Granted, I was 45 at the time, but they can be just hideous.
I destroyed my ankle too. Never went to doctor and should have. My Achilles’ tendon was torn at same time. It took three years to heal and for the swelling to go away. I’m a moron. Lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Cleetus and Mr_Fun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: