GDT: Leafs @ Ottawa, Saturday, Feb 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The battle of Ontario is always great. Ottawa has played a little better lately. Would be nice to go in there and put a dagger in their playoff hopes.

That dagger has been put into them since mid November.

Where is the "stop, stop he's already dead" clip from the Simpsons when we need it?

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
If Ilya keeps up his good play, this should be a win. In most of our losses to them all I really remember is flopping swiss cheese in net

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Ottawa is the biggest disappointment in the NHL this year. Buffalo is right there with them.

Having said that, they have a little bit of speed and the Leafs struggle against that.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
1707486837938.png

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Hope the Leafs don't do their normal sucking against bad teams because if they do that much more then they are going to be a bad team themselves. :(

Good news is the Muskoka 4 were good the past couple of games so here is hoping.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
If you look at Samsanov for the entire season, it's undoubtedly notv great. If you look at how he's been since his "time out/re-programming,", I think he's been not too, too bad.

At this point, our defence and inability to shut down the cycle and clear the zone concerns me more than Sammy. As someone already mentioned -- Ottawa is a fast team and will likely eat some of the turtles we have on the blueline for breakfast. Good game to take Gio out and put Timmins in.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
If there ever was a scheduled loss

Coming off a rollercoaster win, I’d normally expect a 4-1 or 5-2 clobbering of a trash team, however this team cannot beat bad teams, and the senators will play this like game 7 of the finals

I’ll still be disappointed when they lose. Hopefully it’s not embarrassing and Matthews gets a goal

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
If there ever was a scheduled loss

Coming off a rollercoaster win, I’d normally expect a 4-1 or 5-2 clobbering of a trash team, however this team cannot beat bad teams, and the senators will play this like game 7 of the finals

I’ll still be disappointed when they lose. Hopefully it’s not embarrassing and Matthews gets a goal
A loss is a loss but they'll win so no worries

• Wow
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Well this is odd.

Laggeson and Timmins are still on the roster too so not like they needed another D man. Unless Gio or McCabe are hurt but Keefe said they were okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille