Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose in OT 4-3

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Jesus, the coddling is unbearable. Talking about his game losing turnovers being "well intentioned" because he's too terrified to say Marner sucked

Has Keefe taking this back yet?

Im VERY confused if this is the truth

Meanwhile the TRUE leaders of this team are taking responsibility while the whiner of the team (the tweet you posted) continues to bitch, moan and whine point fingers at everyone else except himself.

JT

Matthews

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Has Keefe taking this back yet?

Meanwhile the TRUE leaders of this team are taking responsibility while the whiner of the team (the tweet you posted) continues to bitch, moan and whine point fingers at everyone else except himself.

JT

Matthews

"Both were well-intentioned plays'

Vs what? The times he gives it away on purpose? LOL. What kinda comment is that?

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Mitch Marner can go f*** himself along with his toxic father and posse around him and the culture he has brought to this team. William Nylander has been ragged on for years and years by fans and media, has had to endure tons of disgusting and xenophobic comments and is constantly the whipping boy yet he never complains and just comes out and plays. Nylander has played through adversity better than any of the other core guys have, and even tonight despite being the team's best player so far he had to be the one demoted to his unnatural position to 'balance' the lineup and delivered two assists in the process.. He played far less than the other core guys did but do you see him throwing a tantrum? No. Marner gets benched for a shift and his whole world comes crashing down. f*** this kid
Always said. He has the higher ceiling, has the frame and if it wasn’t this teams surrounding Cast, Nylander and his 6.9 mill is a steal.

Imagine a guy like willie on Bostons 2nd line just for the soft hands up close while everyone else clears his path.

Matthews disappears in the playoffs.
Marner other than one series is a liability cause he’s too small.

I’d just keep Nylander and the rest trade. Been saying this for awhile now.

Reactions: arso40 and Altair

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
"Both were well-intentioned plays'

Vs what? The times he gives it away on purpose? LOL. What kinda comment is that?

Game 7 marner f***ing gives away the puck montreal cores

Game 6 OT against the bolts Marner again gives away the puck, bolts transition both Marner and Holl SUCK ASS as Point score the winner

Getting sick of Marner not taking responsibility for his plays that are hurting the team

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Game 7 marner f***ing gives away the puck montreal cores

Game 6 OT against the bolts Marner again gives away the puck, bolts transition both Marner and Holl SUCK ASS as Point score the winner

Getting sick of Marner not taking responsibility for his plays that are hurting the team
It would appear Babcock had his number from the get-go. He knew what a little princess he was.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Mitch Marner can go f*** himself along with his toxic father and posse around him and the culture he has brought to this team. William Nylander has been ragged on for years and years by fans and media, has had to endure tons of disgusting and xenophobic comments and is constantly the whipping boy yet he never complains and just comes out and plays. Nylander has played through adversity better than any of the other core guys have, and even tonight despite being the team's best player so far he had to be the one demoted to his unnatural position to 'balance' the lineup and delivered two assists in the process.. He played far less than the other core guys did but do you see him throwing a tantrum? No. Marner gets benched for a shift and his whole world comes crashing down. f*** this kid

if it wasn;t for Willy stepping the F up against montreal and bolts in teh playoffs Leafs would have been done in 4 to 5 games

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
"...shambles in no-mans wasteland"?

Those islanders have the exact same number of points as we do in less games this year.

Those islanders have won 5 series in the last 4 years. They've made the semi finals twice.

Pretty crazy that the islanders had 2 "miracle runs" when dubas can't even have a miracle series.

That's with Lou taking over the 22nd ranked team that had just finished with 80 points.

So, to sumarize, dubas inherited a 105 point team and has zero series wins after 4 years. Lou took over an 80 point team and in 4 years has 5 series wins.

But to the dubas fan boys, Lou sucks and dubas is amazing.

You can't make this stuff up.
It doesn't matter what he did, they didn't win and it is over with that team. They're in same position where we were in 2004 slow and steady decline into abyss with that aging roster. I wasn't happy 2002 or 2003 that we lost, since I knew it was getting worse like it did. They were in serious tailspin before covid break and that really help them out and f***ed us up at the same time. Good for Lou and Islanders, but those happy days are long gone and Lou still can't built for more than one season, which doesn't add up in cap world. In that previous era he was legend.

Islanders don't have proper prospect pool or assets to build anything and they don't have even Trotz anymore. That team is what it is. It shouldn't be any positive argument that they have same amount of points we have.

We have brought some teams in discussion like Wild or Islanders. Only good thing at the moment are that we aren't in those positions, that will take 2-3 seasons to really retool to be built up to be real contender. At least you can do something with our roster and assets.

But this is way different discussion and doesn't help us at all. Lou did his job here fairly well and it seems like Dubas can't finish it. Unfortunate, but this is sports.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Babs 100% decided that getting 5 mil a year to do nothing was the way to go.

Might have also decided to come back ( and lessen the impact on mlse) if dubas didn't ruin his rep through Media leaks on the way out to justify the firing.

Was one if he most unprofessional hachet jobs I've ever seen

saw an article in august I think. Babs has decided to call it quits. He had said that he and his wife had decided to retire around 60, Babs is already 59 and will be 60 soon so he and his family decided to enjoy time with each other

all this covid business has really put things in perspective in life for a bunch of people (including me btw :laugh:)

What word(s) rhyme with Connor Bedard ?

#FallHard4Bedard

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Our favourite undertaker chimes in.

1667251753122.jpeg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Pitchforks are out for Marner, why is Matthews getting a pass?

umm... b/c matthews didn't turnover the puck twice that led to goal against and also is not one of the 11 AAV player who couldn't lift the puck in the OT to score a goal (cough-> marner)

and of course the whining Oh god the whining.... :shakehead

I think matthews has done more of the little things better, regardless both and the entire team performance is unacceptable in almost every single way.

Hard Disagree

Both Marner and Bunting lose pucks in the offensive more often than not and then the puck is out. Matthews should be frustrated -> hell I am frustrated watching both marner and bunting suck in teh offensive zone losing puck/board battles

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I think this forum has gone full tilt from "everything will be ok and lets run it all another year!" to "Trade everybody and fire everyone else" way too quickly.

And that's ME saying this.

Like, holy moly... there are some legit problems here. But they're the same as they've been been the past 5 years. The same problems I've CONSTANTLY called out.

I'm on board with making a big change. But I'm also on board with giving Dubas his last final year of his contract to see how it plays out.

But my god... some of the things I'm reading here about players/management borders on character assassination.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What is this the medias we’re asking Dubas to have a presser thing last night come from?

I think this forum has gone full tilt from "everything will be ok and lets run it all another year!" to "Trade everybody and fire everyone else" way too quickly.

And that's ME saying this.

Like, holy moly... there are some legit problems here. But they're the same as they've been been the past 5 years. The same problems I've CONSTANTLY called out.

I'm on board with making a big change. But I'm also on board with giving Dubas his last final year of his contract to see how it plays out.

But my god... some of the things I'm reading here about players/management borders on character assassination.
I am not sure about giving Dubas one last chance though.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Sure, but look at what Lou started with and what Dubas started with.
Lou started with very good core

Marner + Nylander + Rielly + Kadri

JVR/Bozak/Komo/Gard as great secondary pieces

AJ/Kap/Brown/Hyman/Engvall/Dermott in the pipeline

Dubas also had most of those pieces as well

Both guys were in great positions

Lou only had 1 year where there were playoff expectations which was 2018

Dubas has had 4 now which comes with getting those core guys as they are further along

I don't think Lou would work with these core guys as they've shown they don't give a crap. They play the way they want

Maybe Lou deals a few of them out, but with the way 16/88/34 ere being worshiped back in 2017 and 2018 it would be move that could get him fired very quickly

Overall, we need a more aggressive GM than Lou who isn't as stuck to his old ways but one who isn't as player friendly and focused on satisfying the player needs as Dubas

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Keefe is also bad with medias.
They really need to just make short comment like, 'We lost and didn't play well.' 'Tomorrow is a new day and need to work and win the next one.'
Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad