Player Discussion Pavel Zacha

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Who?

Oh that guy. I heard he's really good at showing up to score goals in meaningless games in the regular season.

Guy is 27 has played 18 NHL playoff games and still doesn't have a puck with tape on it that says 'first every NHL Playoff Goal'.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I got ripped here for calling him a bum a few months back. Then walked it back when he was playing great to close out the series.

Starting to regret my backpedaling...

Dude is INVISIBLE

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He made that one slick ass backhand pass to Pastrnak, who buried the one timer. That’s the only positive play either of them have made

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
He needs 3 shots in the last game or I'm really gonna lament this guy, and Devils fans will have been right about him.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He made that one slick ass backhand pass to Pastrnak, who buried the one timer. That’s the only positive play either of them have made

Pastas 2 goals were both put on a platter for him.

Zacha ridiculous pass and Marchand passing it over on a 2 on 0.

You need a hell of a lot more from him for sure. Pasta would have no goals this series if they weren't set on a T for him.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
With the way he closed out the season I was starting to think Zacha could be a long term solution at center, but I think he's showing why he's probably better suited to be the wing on that line. The leafs are double teaming Pasta and forcing Zacha to try and do literally anything and he just can't. Still value him as a player, still think he's on a good contract, but man do they need to find Pasta someone that's an actual top 6 center to play with. Let Zacha go back to being the complementary guy on that line that does the dirty work on the boards.

Reactions: Wulfgar

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
With the way he closed out the season I was starting to think Zacha could be a long term solution at center, but I think he's showing why he's probably better suited to be the wing on that line. The leafs are double teaming Pasta and forcing Zacha to try and do literally anything and he just can't. Still value him as a player, still think he's on a good contract, but man do they need to find Pasta someone that's an actual top 6 center to play with. Let Zacha go back to being the complementary guy on that line that does the dirty work on the boards.

No goals in 18 NHL Playoff games. Dude must think he should take Jussi Saros's place in Mass Mutual Commercials.

• Haha
Reactions: FinnBear

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Rather trade Zacha for a pick and sign DeBrusk for $6M.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Who?

Oh that guy. I heard he's really good at showing up to score goals in meaningless games in the regular season.

Guy is 27 has played 18 NHL playoff games and still doesn't have a puck with tape on it that says 'first every NHL Playoff Goal'.

Coach, I am willing to trading this guy for a 2nd and spending $1.25M more on #74.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
How about DeBrusk scoring 9G in last 20 PO games. Zacha has 0 Goals in 13 with Boston. You can't be serious.
You’re not paying Zacha a lot of money for being a center. I’ll grant you he hasn’t scored a goal. DB hasn’t been seen either after that first game. His MO. I’d get rid of both if I could.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Zacha plays 5:04 when it counts instead of 6:04. Guy has made one good play in this series. Should have been called out with #88.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You’re not paying Zacha a lot of money for being a center. I’ll grant you he hasn’t scored a goal. DB hasn’t been seen either after that first game. His MO. I’d get rid of both if I could.

Get what you pay for.

For what #74 I has shown, yup worth the extra $1.25M than keeping #18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad