Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose in OT 4-3

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Rumour is Leafs did not want to give up one of their few picks in this year's draft for Bear. The noose is tightening on the Boy Wonder.
That’s good. Even though Bear would be their number 2 or at worst 3 Dman, he’s not worth a draft pick.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think what probably happened on that one was they kicked tires because they suddenly had cap space with Muzzin likely done. But, when I really considered it when he was available, I said to myself Muzzin being out saves a lot of cap space. They could pull in a really good player. Is Bear good enough to chew up that amount of space when they could land a big fish or two instead even if they have to pay more in terms of assets? I landed on no and I think they did too.
You have to have assets to land a big fish. Anything they could move would open another hole.

Can you take the chance of Dubas breaking it beyond repair?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
That’s good. Even though Bear would be their number 2 or at worst 3 Dman, he’s not worth a draft pick.

They also have Lily and Benn close to healthy. They would of have to move Holl to bring in Bear. The way Holl is playing, that can't possibly be a downgrade.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I think if AM and JT are the guys you are betting on than MM is the odd man out due to cap hit and Willie depends on the return package.
I just don’t see how you send 33mil of the cap on AM, MM and JT and still be a true contender. If those three forwards are McD, Drai and Mack or McD, Drai and AM, that’s another story.
I like Marner's game (when it's working), but he and JT are the two bad contracts, and only one of them can be moved. Pity, because Mitch is the one that you can see possibly improving.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
So we just need the guy who never succeeds as a centre to become a successful #2 centre, a declining oft injured defenseman to return to his 2020 form, and an even more often injured goalie to return to his 2017 form.

Well when you say it like that, what could go wrong? :eek3:
Like I said it is a long long long shot ..

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I like Marner's game (when it's working), but he and JT are the two bad contracts, and only one of them can be moved. Pity, because Mitch is the one that you can see possibly improving.
I think MM's game is better when he doesnt have someone like AM on the line, bc he looks for feeding AM too much instead of feeding another player or doing stuff himself.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad