Leafs' Kadri suspended 3 games for hit on Bruins' Wingels

Does Kadri get suspended for this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If I were Wingels this is how I would answer Kadri's reckless hit. If he indeed recovers to play game 2, he again hits Marner with an upper arm body check, while this time Kadri watches from the press box. Think this will get the Leafs even more off their game.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
If I were Wingels this is how I would answer Kadri's reckless hit. If he indeed recovers to play game 2, he again hits Marner with an upper arm body check, while this time Kadri watches from the press box. Think this will get the Leafs even more off their game.
It certainly might lead to more ill conceived retaliation from Kadri once he draws back in.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Its gone off the rails hasnt it?
Why we shouldn't have given an inch to begin with.

Started off just discussing the Kadri hit, almost all agreed dirty and suspension worthy.

Then some Leafs fans pointed out maybe there was an elbow there from Wingels, most disagreed and said if anything was incidental/accidental contact.

Leafs fans continue to point out how the elbow should have been a penalty, most disagreed but said yeah maybe if they wanted to call it sure.

Leafs fans continue and say the elbow was done with intent, most disagreed but gave them the minor penalty.

Leafs fans continue and say the play would have never happened if not for the vicious elbow by Wingels.

Leafs fans continue and say the Wingels play needs to be looked at.

Leafs fans have now created the narrative of "an eye for an eye" to justify their player's shitty actions, going so far as to disparage Wingels' ability as an NHL player.

Congratulations, through pure willpower and numbers you guys have created a 125 page false narrative that we as a collective community should have shut that shit down from the beginning.

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Why we shouldn't have given an inch to begin with.

Started off just discussing the Kadri hit, almost all agreed dirty and suspension worthy.

Then some Leafs fans pointed out maybe there was an elbow there from Wingels, most disagreed and said if anything was incidental/accidental contact.

Leafs fans continue to point out how the elbow should have been a penalty, most disagreed but said yeah maybe if they wanted to call it sure.

Leafs fans continue and say the elbow was done with intent, most disagreed but gave them the minor penalty.

Leafs fans continue and say the play would have never happened if not for the vicious elbow by Wingels.

Leafs fans continue and say the Wingels play needs to be looked at.

Leafs fans have now created the narrative of "an eye for an eye" to justify their player's ****ty actions, going so far as to disparage Wingels' ability as an NHL player.

Congratulations, through pure willpower and numbers you guys have created a 125 page false narrative that we as a collective community should have shut that **** down from the beginning.

This is frighteningly accurate lol. Bravo.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You talking about the hit that hit every point of the high profile late/blindside rule added the prior offseason?

Yup, much cleaner

It's was just a bit late, that's all. Rewatch the video of it. Kadri's was much worse and he got way less games in a less meaningful round.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
It's was just a bit late, that's all. Rewatch the video of it. Kadri's was much worse and he got way less games in a less meaningful round.
But it was a blindside hit. Which were under great scrutiny due to the high profile rule 48 put in place the previous offseason. Considering that, and Rome being a 3rd pairing journeyman defenseman. Its no surprise they made an example of him

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
I thought Kadri should've been suspended for the rest of the playoffs, but he was, so there's that.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
But it was a blindside hit. Which were under great scrutiny due to the high profile rule 48 put in place the previous offseason. Considering that, and Rome being a 3rd pairing journeyman defenseman. Its no surprise they made an example of him

Eh borderline blindside when he had just given away the puck. It was a hit that seemingly punished based on the consequences to Horton's health rather than the maliciousness/dirtiness of the hit.

I don't think the role a player plays or talent should be a factor for disciplinary suspensions, but it evidently is.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Highly doubt it. Kadri is the only one with balls on the team to do what he did.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Doughty must feel slighted, a measly 666 posts for a superstar getting suspended. :wedgie:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If its clean then of course they should be targeting Toronto's best players, as any team should be in the playoffs.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
Its only been one game and both fan bases are already losing their f***ing minds. Lets all chill out and watch some bloody hockey ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad