Does Kadri get suspended for this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yes there is. He knew that a bruin would go after him and he still decided to lay the hit. That's being brave
That's not being brave in today's NHL. You can just turtle and know the refs will jump in. You can also be sure that a guy isn't going to pound you if you turtle because of the instigator penalty.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
That's not being brave in today's NHL. You can just turtle and know the refs will jump in. You can also be sure that a guy isn't going to pound you if you turtle because of the instigator penalty.
But he didn't turtle after he hit wingels. There were no refs near and he took some cross checks and stuff from chara

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
But he didn't turtle after he hit wingels. There were no refs near and he took some cross checks and stuff from chara
Chara hardly even responded. I'm almost certain he would have turtled if Chara dropped the gloves and started swinging, and more than likely other players or refs would have jumped in before he took any serious damage.

Reactions: Moon Man

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Chara hardly even responded. I'm almost certain he would have turtled if Chara dropped the gloves and started swinging, and more than likely other players or refs would have jumped in before he took any serious damage.

Yup.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
he would have turtled for sure but that doesn't change the fact that that was brave

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Its only been one game and both fan bases are already losing their ****ing minds. Lets all chill out and watch some bloody hockey ffs

Agreed

Leafs lose a top 6 player for three games, not the end of the world lots of us other teams are missing significant and/or multi roster players.....time to see if the Leaf depth can absorb this.

But on a side note can you imagine, we have 125 pages in this thread alone.....what if Wingels lays out a big hit on Marner or Nylander or AM tonight? Omg leaf nation will lose their collective minds as will likely the leaf players.

Reactions: NastyKnies

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Most Leafs fans think he should've been suspended.

Most take issue with Wingels elbow on Marner which caused the whole situation to begin with which many Bruins fans ignore.

And most are laughing at the self righteous condemnation coming from the dirtiest team in the past decade with the biggest POS on their team.

"Oh no one of the Leafs better players hit our bum after he elbowed their star, THE OUTRAGE!!!!!"

Thanks for proving my point...

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Sure it does. It makes him a coward if he isn't willing to answer for his actions through the only outlet that is actually allowed in this sport.
so? he doesn't need to answer his actions. if someone lays a hit they don't need to fight

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I love that Marchand is so deep in the minds of Leafs fans they can’t understand he has nothing to do with what happened.

Newsflash: responding with anything to do with Marchand when talking about this play isn’t part of any coherent response.

And no, launching your entire body weight into someone’s head and neck area is not a reasonable response to an accidental elbow

Reactions: McFlyingV

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
Agreed

Leafs lose a top 6 player for three games, not the end of the world lots of us other teams are missing significant and/or multi roster players.....time to see if the Leaf depth can absorb this.

But on a side note can you imagine, we have 125 pages in this thread alone.....what if Wingels lays out a big hit on Marner or Nylander or AM tonight? Omg leaf nation will lose their collective minds as will likely the leaf players.
Oh I know this thread has more posts than the main series thread, Toronto loves its controversy moral of the story.

Reactions: Hunter368

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
i'm not saying he's brave. i'm saying the hit was brave. he's a coward and we all know that
You sort of implied in your previous posts that you were talking about Kadri and not the hit in isolation.

I see what you're saying though that the hit was brave because he did it despite the potential for repercussions. I don't know if I fully agree though because Kadri does this kind of thing fully aware that there are rules (instigator, potential for suspension to other players) and circumstances (his teammates or the refs jumping in) in place to prevent those repercussions.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You sort of implied in your previous posts that you were talking about Kadri and not the hit in isolation.

I see what you're saying though that the hit was brave because he did it despite the potential for repercussions. I don't know if I fully agree though because Kadri does this kind of thing fully aware that there are rules (instigator, potential for suspension to other players) and circumstances (his teammates or the refs jumping in) in place to prevent those repercussions.
i was trying to imply that the hit was brave, not kadri glad we cleared this up.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
I love that Marchand is so deep in the minds of Leafs fans they can’t understand he has nothing to do with what happened.

Newsflash: responding with anything to do with Marchand when talking about this play isn’t part of any coherent response.

And no, launching your entire body weight into someone’s head and neck area is not a reasonable response to an accidental elbow

Not to mention on a guy who's on his hands and knees, unaware by the boards.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
kadri isn't a brave person but the hit was brave because he knew what he was gonna get. thats all i'm gonna say

The hit was pure cowardice, and kadri is not an oracle.

Also, even if he somehow knew he was going to get getting collar grabbed and yelled at for 3 seconds, that isn't some great fear or challenge to endure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad