Leafs' Kadri suspended 3 games for hit on Bruins' Wingels

Does Kadri get suspended for this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I don't have a problem with the suspension, nor the length of the suspension. It was a reckless, dirty hit.

My problem is with the NHL's inconsistency. I predict there will be much worse play in the very near future, possibly even in this series, that will go unpunished. That's the problem.

And for the record: the refs caused the circumstances that led to that play by letting Boston, as usual, get away with pretty much anything they wanted.

Last edited:

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
If you want to deny the elbow to Marner, that's on you, maybe Wingels shouldn't take liberties at players that can actually impact the game.

Keep crying though, I'm sure you cried the same tears for all the players Chara, Marchand, Thornton, Lucic and countless other goons your team has housed over the years have hurt.
This is insane. There was no elbow. This isn't a slant. This isn't a hot take. It didn't happen. Watch all the video. It simply didn't occur.

Reactions: Snowman

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
So , Tommy has a concussio then?Can they put his brains back together? I hadn't heard. Can't wait for some of that 'completely legal and clean' to happen to one of Bostons important players. Oh and watch again, Marner didn't have possesion,making Tommys flying elbow illegal.
There was no elbow. You keep making this assertion, but it didn't happen no matter how much you want to victim blame.

Reactions: Snowman

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hopefully Kadri gets his head screwed on straight by the rest of his team - this dumb play cost them a top-6 forward for 3 games :shakehead

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
I don't have a problem with the suspension, nor the length of the suspension. It was a reckless, dirty hit.

My problem is with the NHL's inconsistency. I predict there will be much worse play in the very near future, possibly even in this series, that will go unpunished. That's the problem.

And for the record: the refs caused the circumstances that led to that play by letting Boston, as usual, get away with pretty much anything they wanted.

There would have to be something absolutely atrocious to be worse than this. The guy was on his hands and knees and a player launched himself into his head, mashing it into the boards.

What are you predicting to be much worse? Is someone going to be laying on the ice this time, instead of just kneeling, and get there head kicked into the boards? Unpunished?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Really surprised at 3 games, The ole rule of thumb was half the amount of regular season games would be the post season suspension. This doesn't scream 6 games for me, really thought 1 or 2

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
There would have to be something absolutely atrocious to be worse than this. The guy was on his hands and knees and a player launched himself into his head, mashing it into the boards.

What are you predicting to be much worse? Is someone going to be laying on the ice this time, instead of just kneeling, and get there head kicked into the boards? Unpunished?

Yeah, I don't get into stuff like this. Enjoy the game.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Obsession? If you mean discussion ok.

A lot of neutral fans respect the bruins and loathe the leafs. I for one am glad to see one of the dirtiest players in the league rightfully punished.

It's been the same stuff for 125 pages.

He deserved a suspension, never said otherwise. It was a dumb play.

If this was any other team it wouldn't do by 50 pages after a week. For example, the Doughty thread is only at 27 pages. Obsession

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Kadri’s knee on knee hit on Nash fit that bill?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
It's been the same stuff for 125 pages.

He deserved a suspension, never said otherwise. It was a dumb play.

If this was any other team it wouldn't do by 50 pages after a week. For example, the Doughty thread is only at 27 pages. Obsession

Probably because most leaf fans arnt rationale like you. The general sentiment is "I'm happy with Kadri"... "he deserved it he tried to kill marner"... "glad Kadri plays with that edge ".

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This is going to be the new excuse for Toronto fans, isn't it?

Just like if Gretzky was called for high sticking in '93, the Leafs would have advanced and won the cup in a sweep.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
An early jump on the golf course?

cut.jpeg

Reporter: "Kadri, what did you think about the suspension?"

Kadri: "Well, you know, it earned me some time on the green today. I didn't think it was too bad. Ohh sorry no more questions, I need to go fill this cart with some gas. Go Leafs Go!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->