Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Islanders, Feb 27 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPiff17

Bay St. Bullies
Feb 22, 2009
the 416
Modano was out for 6 months with the same injury way back when, so I'd say Bolland is doing just fine from a recovery standpoint.

Yeah we've been playing well pre-Olympic break, so I don't feel like he should be rushed, a return around one game before trade deadline, or the day of the deadline at the earliest would be fine with me.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
NYI are the worst home team in the league.

You really couldn't ask for a better game to "ease" back into the NHL play.

A win puts us back into 3rd, depending on Pit/Mtl
Saturdays game will be huge...

mikebel111*

NYI are the worst home team in the league.

You really couldn't ask for a better game to "ease" back into the NHL play.

A win puts us back into 3rd, depending on Pit/Mtl
Saturdays game will be huge...

I expect a bad and sluggish first 20. Than get going, but u know overreactions will come in the first intermission on GDT if that happens

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
We gotta stop saying this about every game man! How is the first game after three weeks a trap game?

Opposing teams star player injured? Check

Opposing team is awful? Check

Opposing team has generally crappy goaltending? Check

We need a win? Check

Weve been playing very well? Check

Trap game

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I have a feeling that Kessel and JVR take out their Olympic disappointment results out on the NYI's today.

Motivation can come in many forms and while some players might be coming home on highs that might lead to complacency. Whereas those coming home on lows might just want to take their frustration out on someone.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
I have a feeling that Kessel and JVR take out their Olympic disappointment results out on the NYI's today.

Motivation can come in many forms and while some players might be coming home on highs that might lead to complacency. Whereas those coming home on lows might just want to take their frustration out on someone.

I want to win 10-1 and I want Kessel to get 6 goals.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully the Leafs can start out coming back from the break by actually playing well against teams they need to beat.

Just need to come into this game fired up to get started on the final stretch of the season.

Logic aside I just want to win :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Greg Brady ‏@bradyfan590 58m

Huge morning skate for Phil Kessel. HAS to look sharp. One of the biggest pregame skates of his career. Does he want to compete or not?

:laugh:

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga

Huge morning skate for Phil Kessel. HAS to look sharp. One of the biggest pregame skates of his career. Does he want to compete or not?

Wow. I'm speechless.

Brady, get it together dude.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010

I expect tweets of this caliber throughout the day to cover Phil. I'm talking his lunch, Bozak driving him to the rink, Bozak taping his shin pads for him, and every shot he takes during warmups. Get on it Brady.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Trevor Smith activated off the IR and will be in the lineup.

So, he will be between Kulemin and Raymond I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad