Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Islanders, Feb 27 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

I didn't know which thread to post this on so I thought I'd post it here.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 15m
Carlyle on working on generating speed thru neutral ice in practice: "We're a transition team"

Looks like Randy is starting to accept it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Looks like the "Toaster" is finally working lol

Another funny comment from Carlyle:

"Kessel is not the most energetic when it comes to practice" (paraphrasing).

leafstilldeath*

Who do we want to win tomorrow?

DET or OTT?

I would say LEAFS ;)

But would like to see Red Wings win in regulation. Bury the Sens and put further distance. And give the gold medal winning coach something to smile about ;)

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Is it just me or does this happen to you often? :laugh:

It happens from time to time. But tonight I was really stoked. I thought first game back. I rushed to work to catch the beginning of the game online. lol. But yeah it happens in normal season too.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
OT I guess but why the hell did the Leafs remove the calendar from their homepage? was such an easy way to check old games and they just have a white empty space where it used to be :shakehead

Anyway so based on injuries it sounds like these are the lines tomorrow?

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Kulemin-Bodie
Mclaren-Mcclement-Smith

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Can't wait to watch some good Leafs hockey on NA rinks tomorrow, its been too long...

Yep, Leafs brand hockey is most entertaining. Tons of goals for, tons of goals against, big saves, big plays, big hits, big fights, no lead is safe.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I remember watching their first game back after the 2010 Olympics, it was against Carolina and it was ****ing embarrassing.

You can almost call it, they will come out listless, Bernier will stand on his head and keep us in the game, we will be down 1-0 after one, and then wake up after the intermission and take over the game.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Seems like teams always play way above their heads when a top player goes out. Plenty of examples to chose from.

We'll see how it goes.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
They should get Holland back up till Bolland's ready.

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Kulemin
Raymond Holland Clarkson
Smith McClement Bodie

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
We must win tomorrow please! There is No Johnny T, so idk which Ontario Boy could potentially light it up against us. Please, we will look very weak if we dont win this game. 2 POINTS!

MrDiddlez

Feb 26, 2014
Toronto
Really important 2 points against a team that just lost their franchise player. These are the games we have to win if we want to get out of the wildcard spot and into a guaranteed spot.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
if Bolland isn't ready Holland should be here, we don't need Holland down to make cap space until Bolland actually comes off LTIR.

TheThrill81*

You can almost call it, they will come out listless, Bernier will stand on his head and keep us in the game, we will be down 1-0 after one, and then wake up after the intermission and take over the game.

Don't quit your day job.

thunderhawk905*

Thought Bolland would have been ready after the Olympics :rant:

Modano was out for 6 months with the same injury way back when, so I'd say Bolland is doing just fine from a recovery standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad