Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Islanders, Feb 27 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Dont worry guys. I will be attending this game. The Leafs have never lost when I have attended a leafs game (home or away).. = 15-0-0-1 (one tie in 2002-2003 season to the Sharks on December 21st 2002 at the ACC).

the isles are missing JT and lets face it the islanders are playing pretty bad right now.. we should win this game 4-1 imo

Nice jinx, if the lose I'm blaming you :P

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I didn't know which thread to post this on so I thought I'd post it here.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 15m
Carlyle on working on generating speed thru neutral ice in practice: "We're a transition team"

Looks like Randy is starting to accept it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Carlyle on working on generating speed thru neutral ice in practice: "We're a transition team"

he never not believed it.

He didn't want to be identified as a 'rush' team. I would assume in laymans terms a transition team is a team like Chicago - really strong on the forecheck, and very strong off the backcheck, the ability to burn you with speed and offense , but a strong commitment to defend.

the problem is the team doesn't backcheck or make smart defensive decisions all the time. when they do they're amazingly scary good.

mikebel111*

I have been a critic of randy this season, but i have been impressed with his coaching through this nice stretch for the team. Pressing the nice buttons.
And IMO. I think he knows we are rush team but wants to instill some sort of cycle game so we arent a one dimensional team

mikebel111*

Funny thing is marlies are probably a good example what randy is trying to achieve.
Marlies have a strong forecheck. Very up tempo and i made the comparison to chicago on the marlies sticky. However marlies play rush well but also play a good cycle game.
Yes marlies have players suited for cycling more than leafs. But i think randy is trying to do something like that.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Hopefully Kessel and JvR come back fired up and with something to prove. We need to come out of this break on a winning streak. Don't let the wings or anyone else get any ground on us

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
He'll be out for a while yet.

if bolland still isn't playing for the next while, then will Holland come back up? Or are we going to play McClement on the 3rd line?

If Bolland isn't in the line-up, I hope Holland will be.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I want him to be where he was last year again, we havent seen it enough this year
Not so sure about. I took time to re-watch games, and he did seem awfully productive when not scoring. He creates chances, really more involved defensively ( overshadowed by Bozak who is now a legit two-way forward), but didn't get much puck luck on the goal scoring front. Moreover, he has totally surpassed Lupul who is the missing link IMO.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

when did he deny it?

CanadaKid

Feb 19, 2014
NY
if bolland still isn't playing for the next while, then will Holland come back up? Or are we going to play McClement on the 3rd line?

If Bolland isn't in the line-up, I hope Holland will be.
wait I thought Bolland was coming back against the isles on thursday. no?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hopefully Kessel and JvR come back fired up and with something to prove. We need to come out of this break on a winning streak. Don't let the wings or anyone else get any ground on us

Kessel and JVR should make a list of teams that has Team Canada players on it and just destroy those teams offensively to exact revenge.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They won't take Smith or Bolland off the LTIR until Thursday due to cap reasons.

So I doubt they will come out and and be like "They are fine to play", because that would be cap circumvention right?

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
when did he deny it?

He didn't deny it, but he didn't want them to be...or didn't want them to just be a rush team, I forget. But I know quite a few people here were arguing that Carlyle was forcing a possession type game with players that or more effective on capitalizing on turnovers and rush plays.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Its a good thing we're not playing the Sabres then!

Hello, welcome to 2014. A lot has happened over the last few months. Canada won their 2nd straight gold at the Olympic games, Justin Bieber self destructed, Jimmy Fallon is the new host of the tonight show, and Matt Moulson no longer plays for the Islanders. PM me if you want to be updated on anything else.

Oh boy I walked into that one. Honestly, I confuse the Islanders and Sabres on a regular basis. :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Bolland is in a no contact jersey and not expected to play tomorrow per Sportsnet radio

Tweet from practice

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 37m

Dave Bolland is practicing but has switched to a maroon (non healthy) jersey instead of the line jersey he had before. That can't be good.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Dave McCarthy ‏@DaveAMcCarthy 10m
Would appear that David Bolland not likely to return vs #Islanders; has non contact maroon jersey. Stumbled near end of Tues practice #Leafs

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
How did he go from 50/50 2 and a half weeks ago to not playing on Thursday? whatever, Kulemin has done well at center so it's not that much of a problem. If we're being realistic he'll probably suck for the first few games as well as he gets back from his injury.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
How did he go from 50/50 2 and a half weeks ago to not playing on Thursday? whatever, Kulemin has done well at center so it's not that much of a problem. If we're being realistic he'll probably suck for the first few games as well as he gets back from his injury.

Over optimistic media speculation.

Remember when Stamkos was going to play in the game vs us before the Olympics? Hes out until at least March 6th now.

mikebel111*

sucks to hear about bolland.

but oh well, at least it's not too bad.

hopefully kadri continues his solid play. and lupul wakes up but not holding my breath on that one. yes I know lupul was starting to play better but we need production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia