Pre-Game Talk: Leafs in Ottawa, April 20th HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Here we go again

The NHL's Battle of Ontario resumes Saturday when Ottawa visits Toronto to play the Leafs. But it’s not the on-ice matchup that’s making headlines. Instead, the rivalry’s heating up in a brouhaha over the Senators’ efforts to keep rowdy Leafs fans out of their arena in the nation's capital.

While Ottawa fans are expected to crowd into Toronto’s Air Canada Centre to cheer on their team this weekend, it turns out Leafs Nation is being warned it's not welcome to wave the blue and white flag at Scotiabank Place when the rivals face off again in Ottawa a week later.

The Senators have sent an email to season ticket holders, telling them not to resell their seats to fans of rival teams -- meaning, it seems, the Leafs.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/senators-try-to-shut-leafs-fans-out-of-scotiabank-place-1.1156502

They even quote Sens fans who call us ignorant because we support our Leafs!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Isles Jets game is at 2:00, they will know if it's win and in before puck drop....GO ISLES!!

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
This is an article from February 14th. You may not have intended it, but the way you worded your post made it seem like CTV news printed out a brand new article... "Here we go again."
Oh crap, I just noticed the mistake. A friend showed me today, I thought it was a new article my apologies

member 147413

Just wondering, how long would my trek from Toronto to Ottawa be and would I be able to purchase tickets

member 147413

Depends how fast you drive. No idea if tickets will be available.

Was thinking of VIA rail, but the cheap tickets are sold out, I'm not dropping 200$ for 2 seats + 200$ from a scalper for tickets.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Just wondering, how long would my trek from Toronto to Ottawa be and would I be able to purchase tickets

Cheapest tickets you can get at this point will be about $90 a seat from stub hub. The ticket office is sold out other than 'The Ledge' and scalpers are always a question mark.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That kiss by Don Cherry has Kadri flying way too high. Come back down to earth and put up some points tonight Kadri...

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Gonna be honest, don't know Ottawas track record against WSH this year, but with the current streak I don't think anyone would want to face WSH. Ovi has been playing filthy.

We always fair pretty well against Washington. And we just ended their 8 game winning streak. They don't scare me. It would have been a blowout last game if not for Holtby. Add in Karlsson and maybe Spezza and it won't get past 6 games tops imo. Plus, Ottawa almost always does a great job keeping Ovi in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad