Pre-Game Talk: Leafs in Ottawa, April 20th HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Playing the wrong team in the wrong place at the wrong time. Would be happy with a point. Don't think it will be forthcoming, though, unless Reimer steals it.

Murphy Blue

Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
As long as we don't play Pittsburgh in the first round I'm happy.

Also, if possible, I'd like to play Montreal in the first round, so whatever combo of wins and losses that requires I'm happy with.

So if that means losing to the Scent'a'turds, I'm okay with that.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Playing the wrong team in the wrong place at the wrong time. Would be happy with a point. Don't think it will be forthcoming, though, unless Reimer steals it.

I can't believe that anybody is scared of Ottawa. If the Leafs wake up and play to the top of their game, they WILL beat them.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada

Last time Leaf played the Sens, the Sens were on a 3 game winning streak and remember Reims dominates the Sens

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Whenever the odds have been against the Leafs they've somehow managed to pull out a win this season. Predict a big game by Lupul, Kessel and Kadri. Let's clinch it tomorrow.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I can't believe that anybody is scared of Ottawa. If the Leafs wake up and play to the top of their game, they WILL beat them.

When you beat Ottawa last time, it was an ahl lineup. The Sens are getting healthier, but still minus their two best players. But they are playing great. Should be a good game. I think it will be a 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 type game.

As a Sens fan, I won't be that upset if we lose tomorrow if it means Sens end up finishing 6th. Ottawa would handle the Caps or Jets fairly easily. Just don't want Boston.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
When you beat Ottawa last time, it was an ahl lineup. The Sens are getting healthier, but still minus their two best players. But they are playing great. Should be a good game. I think it will be a 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 type game.

As a Sens fan, I won't be that upset if we lose tomorrow if it means Sens end up finishing 6th. Ottawa would handle the Caps or Jets fairly easily. Just don't want Boston.

I'd rather Leafs face Boston instead of the Caps. Those *****es are scary

EDDIE20*

Have my last final exam starting at the same time as the game tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to watch the Leafs get the W on my phone on my way home from it

An exam on a Saturday night? WTF? Is that how university works now?

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
will be hilarious if we lose-out the rest of the season and miss playoffs. Not gonna lie.

this is a must win game, 1000000000000000%

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
will be hilarious if we lose-out the rest of the season and miss playoffs. Not gonna lie.

this is a must win game, 1000000000000000%

To me I'd look at it as one of the biggest collapses of all time no matter the sport. It is really inconceivable in my mind that we would actually miss the playoffs, but the way the Jets and Rangers have been winning and the way we're playing there is still a chance we miss, we have to win tonight or this thing is going to start snowballing and panic will begin.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Jets lose today, we win half the battle. We'll know if we can clinch tonight by the time the Leafs game starts. The boys have to come out flying tonight and not stop until the game is over. This is crunch time

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I have tickets. Can't believe literally 40% of the arena is filled with Leaf fans when the Sens play them. Anderson is on fire again, and we just played out best 60 minute effort in a very long time. Ottawa gets tons of chances lately but scores only 2 or 3 goals.

Should be a killer game. Last game was awful on Ottawa! For Ottawa anyway. Nice for Lupul and Kadri! They looked like the Pizza Line at there beat out there. Lupul was boss, picking chances apart for perfect passes. Game before in Ottawa was better. A crushing goal with 40 seconds left in the 3rd to win 2-1 over the Leafs. Quieted you guys down!

Hope for a good game. I doubt we dress Kassian again. We have rolled 4 lines and won 4 straight. So maybe no big fights?!? Of course Ottawa just had 5 vs Carolina with Kassian out of the lineup. Game is probably too important at this point for fights, unless something nasty happens.

Good luck! I am excited to see this game!

After last game I hope the Leafs don't fight unless they're down.

shibbiness

Feb 7, 2010
GTA

Gonna be honest, don't know Ottawas track record against WSH this year, but with the current streak I don't think anyone would want to face WSH. Ovi has been playing filthy.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Need to layoff the negativity. The reason for this teams success is that they are confident in their abilities and able to put them to use in games.

We have always been pessimistic and nail-biting about past leaf teams - this one has been fun to watch. Lets sit back and enjoy them....I'm confident we will put in our best performance! GO LEAFS!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Wrong team? It's Ottawa, their system doesn't really work against us.
Wrong place? It's ACC 2.0
Wrong time? We're in a slump...and are facing Ottawa with the home crowd behind us.

If the Leafs can't win tonight after putting up 3 lacklustre performances...:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad