Pre-Game Talk: Leafs in Ottawa, April 20th HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
trolling the jets and rangers is not a great enough reward for giving an extra point to ottawa ..a team that is right on our ass ..that would suck if montreal finished 4th and ottawa finished 5th :(

they wouldn't even appreciate it!

no, honestly, I think right now, the boys are gripping the sticks to tightly, and freaking out. they truly just need to relax, and remember what got them to this point, keep calm, and just pound the teams how we've been doing it

A: cycle game
B: physicallity (WITHOUT FIGHTING).
C: blocking shots - not SCREENING shots

Gunnar back should help
I truthfully would...

I'd keep Gardiner IN....
take out O'Byrne, play Kostka. (

but if gunnar is coming in, i'd take out gardiner for a bit.

and i'd play ONE of McLaren and Orr. (McLaren).

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Lol did you guys see the CMac vid from practice? He literally said he was playing like ****. :laugh:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I have this weird anxiety at this moment. I'm anxious to clinch, but I'm also anxious not to have an epic collapse like last year, which although rare is still a possibility unfortunately.

leafstilldeath*

Burn the ****ing b?????? what was that? cant seem to remember out of gasoline and a matchstick/lighter like the leafs have lost their legs and play with no fire.

Burn the sorry ***** of the players who screw up in the games...Brand them RC...I will provide the iron rod.

Burn the .....

leafstilldeath*

Hey guys. Hoping for a good game. You guys usually own us and win every season series (you guys already won this years) so I usually don't expect a win. As bad as having your building filled with opposing fans sounds, there's very few games than has the atmosphere a Sens-Leafs game at Scotiabank Place has.

Hoping for a good game! I'm sure I'll see you all on the Fights board?

edit: oh, and for the record. I can see why you all are so nervous about making the playoffs, but you guys will be there. Don't worry.

btw congratulations on Karlson skating again. Seems like if Sens make the PO you guys might make some serious noise unless ofcourse Cooke decided to cook something again...;)

leafstilldeath*

Very monumental, Anderson is the best goalie to ever live. Give me a break.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He is not that great. The system of the mustache and the AHL guys fighting for the roster spot for next season is what is getting it done for Anderson.

He is good. He is not even the best this season (forget stats he hasnt played many games) for get about best ever lol:laugh:

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
This little stretch of games has made me realized how important Gunnar is to the defense. With out him, All the balance in the pairings is thrown right off.

I'm not exactly sure, But I wouldn't be surprised if the points in 13 straight games(or w/e) coincided with the demotion of Holzer, And Gunnar and Phaneuf being re-united.

So hopefully he's back for this one.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
This little stretch of games has made me realized how important Gunnar is to the defense. With out him, All the balance in the pairings is thrown right off.

I'm not exactly sure, But I wouldn't be surprised if the points in 13 straight games(or w/e) coincided with the demotion of Holzer, And Gunnar and Phaneuf being re-united.

So hopefully he's back for this one.
Agreed, top pairing was brutal last night.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
We just need to O'Byrne the boats and we will be fine.

Once they calm down and keep things simple everything should work.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He is not that great. The system of the mustache and the AHL guys fighting for the roster spot for next season is what is getting it done for Anderson.

He is good. He is not even the best this season (forget stats he hasnt played many games) for get about best ever lol:laugh:

I was being sarcastic, hence the "give me a break" at the end there :)

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Clearly these guys have a tendency to fall asleep in clutch situations. Im done making predictions, i just hope they wake the **** up and play a complete game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If they can't wake up and play their hearts out in this game then there will be lots of questions to answer.

easy:

we need more support - NHL, grade A support in the backend. Losing Gunnarson hurt.

we need to be more stablized down the centre. Kadri needs to grow up in that position, and second verse, same as the first, as it applies the Bozak/Grabo and whatever.

we KNOW what the problems are.
the summer, we get more pieces. I think some players DO have to go. The team does suffer from wilson systemitis. the more we grow with Carlyle, the less that will happen, it's not difficult to understand.

We're going to win.
we're going to clinch.
I have faith in this team.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Agreed, top pairing was brutal last night.

That was awful, why is so evident to so many of us, great unwashed, know that Dion should never, ever play with a undisciplined freelancing type it will never work. What Dion needs to be a true Norris candidate is a guy like Gunnar but just a little more physical and smarter than Carl.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
That was awful, why is so evident to so many of us, great unwashed, know that Dion should never, ever play with a undisciplined freelancing type it will never work. What Dion needs to be a true Norris candidate is a guy like Gunnar but just a little more physical and smarter than Carl.

Was shocked actually to see many people so adamant to see that pairing to happen.

Should acknowledge this next time they second guess Carlyle on who he plays, who sits or even who gets called up from the Marlies :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad