Pre-Game Talk: Leafs in Ottawa, April 20th HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I know it's early but I can't help it, I just want to move on to the next game already after the last two debacles.

This game is crucial once again, Ottawa is only one point back with a game in hand, while the Islanders are two pts back now. Luckily for the Leafs, they have the second most ROWs in the conference behind only Pittsburgh, and 3rd in the league behind Pitt + Chicago, so they have the advantage in tiebreaker situations.

Need at least an OTL to keep 5th spot.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We may just lose this game if we continue being so badly out shot! Anderson won't likely pull a Price, will he?

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Hopefully you guys will come out with a huge win. I'll be cheering while doing my exam. Hope the Leafs can pull out a huge W

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
They are on a 4 game win streak, let's end it! It's gut check time. Every single player on this team has to look themselves in the mirror and ask "Do I want to play in the playoffs or do I want to go on my vacation early?"

Penalty Kill Icing*

Winnipeg plays earlier on Sat, so it might be in our hand to clinch on Saturday itself.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm not surprised that the Leafs aren't doing so well. a lot of teams aren't right now. (and the bottom teams, those fighting for a playoff spot is doing well). we're more hyper aware of it now because we don't have our little x.

I stand behind my statement that we'll do well once we're in there. I think the team is a bit scared right now, and letting everything going to their head a bit.Randy will talk to them, and they will be owners of their own destiny.

and we've always. always did things the hard way. :) it's not surprising me right now that this is one more "hard way" thing. :)

the boys are breaking my heart right now, but i love them, and they'll be awesome.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
They are on a 4 game win streak, let's end it! It's gut check time. Every single player on this team has to look themselves in the mirror and ask "Do I want to play in the playoffs or do I want to go on my vacation early?"

They don't get paid in the playoffs, so just maybe, vacation and golfing is far too appealing! The way they're playing sure makes me think this. :rant:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Oh, and please scratch Gardiner unless 3 of our D-men get injured.

He should go in Marlies pressbox right now.

I have no idea what to do with JvR.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
HNIC with playoffs in hand and I'm at work so will be barely able to watch. Sounds like a good night to clinch to me ffs

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Will 3rd time the charm happen for us this Saturday

BTW we are 7-3-2 on Saturday nights this season

Also, Reimer, 6-0-0 at Scotiabank Place with back to back shutouts there

Milan the God*

Hey guys. Hoping for a good game. You guys usually own us and win every season series (you guys already won this years) so I usually don't expect a win. As bad as having your building filled with opposing fans sounds, there's very few games than has the atmosphere a Sens-Leafs game at Scotiabank Place has.

Hoping for a good game! I'm sure I'll see you all on the Fights board?

edit: oh, and for the record. I can see why you all are so nervous about making the playoffs, but you guys will be there. Don't worry.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Hopefully the smoke from Parliament Hill will make its way down to Kanata and slow the Sens down. I guess I'll have to take one for the team and join the cause.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Shake-up for the game?

Kulemin - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - JVR
Komorov - Grabovski - MacA
MacLaren - McClement - Orr

or a little more minor:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
MacA/Frattin - Kadri - JVR
Komorov - Grabovski - Kulemin
Maclaren - McClement - Orr

Please?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I have tickets. Can't believe literally 40% of the arena is filled with Leaf fans when the Sens play them. Anderson is on fire again, and we just played out best 60 minute effort in a very long time. Ottawa gets tons of chances lately but scores only 2 or 3 goals.

Should be a killer game. Last game was awful on Ottawa! For Ottawa anyway. Nice for Lupul and Kadri! They looked like the Pizza Line at there beat out there. Lupul was boss, picking chances apart for perfect passes. Game before in Ottawa was better. A crushing goal with 40 seconds left in the 3rd to win 2-1 over the Leafs. Quieted you guys down!

Hope for a good game. I doubt we dress Kassian again. We have rolled 4 lines and won 4 straight. So maybe no big fights?!? Of course Ottawa just had 5 vs Carolina with Kassian out of the lineup. Game is probably too important at this point for fights, unless something nasty happens.

Good luck! I am excited to see this game!

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs gonna kill these ****ing **** Saturday. I feel bad for them actually.

I don't see how Leafs don't come out flying.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Why do we have to changing our forward line up? The only thing I can see happening is that Gunnar returns. More so, the first and second line are doing quite well. Grabovski' line could be tinkered, but I really doubt it.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
If we lose we might land 6th seed though. Not the worst thing in the world. Better than the Bruins who just can't seam to pass the Habs.

I think the Habs don't want to play us honestly are pushing hard to win the division.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Given our lackluster effort lately, I think it might be worth trying Lupul and Kadri with Kessel, just to see if it can get things going. If not, then just go back to the usual lines.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Given our lackluster effort lately, I think it might be worth trying Lupul and Kadri with Kessel, just to see if it can get things going. If not, then just go back to the usual lines.
Kessel produced 3 points. Lupul got a goal, as did Phaneuf and Franson. I don't think offensive production is a problem, it's maintaining a lead. We shouldn't be over stack lines when the top two lines are doing fine.

I think we should consider modifying is the Grabovski line. As I suggested earlier, put up Colborne on wing. Maybe a bottom two line up like this:

Colborne - Grabovski - Frattin

Sit MacArthur. Try out Frattin. The line doesn't have to score, it just needs to keep the cup in the opposition zone. I think it could offer some depth scoring, though. More important, Colborne is pretty strong on the puck ( when he wants to) and has strong puck distribution abilities.

McClaren - McClement - Komarov

A good checking/ energy line.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Carlyle said the Islanders game was one of the biggest games of the year... and the Leafs played a terrible game again.

Not sure what they need but a few of the players right now are just gliding and enjoying the ride. I am really tired of seeing both McLaren and Orr dressed. You don't need both. Put Frattin in there and have Komarov on the fourth line with McClement. You don't need 2 goons. Seriously, I hope Carlyle can wake up from his denial.

I hope they can figure it out. This won't be pretty if they somehow **** this up.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
A win is going to be a monumental task given the way Anderson has been playing. We will have to dominate them to have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad