Proposal: LEAFS ideas

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I fixed that for you.

I'm most surprised that Leaf fans are more concerned about cheap prospects and magic beans (draft picks) than winning a cup.
I guess when nothing has been won in your lifetime you don't know what you're missing.
Signed
58 year old Blackhawks fan here to tell you these last 5 years of sucking were completely worth it.
Leaf fans are not interested in magic beans more than winning a Cup. the GM has come out and said that the team would be willing to trade a top prospect and has traded 1st round picks in the past couple of seasons.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I fixed that for you.

I'm most surprised that Leaf fans are more concerned about cheap prospects and magic beans (draft picks) than winning a cup.
I guess when nothing has been won in your lifetime you don't know what you're missing.
Signed
58 year old Blackhawks fan here to tell you these last 5 years of sucking were completely worth it.
Why did you put Braccos name there lmao.
You know not all Leafs Prospects are Bracco. as well go through my post history you will see I was never high on Bracco in the first place and most certainly did not include him in any trades.
Pretty piss poor job of trying to troll there.
I'm down to send top prospects I just think they can figure it out without moving Robertson...
Rakell isn't the only player in the NHL, so why would Leafs overpay?
Muzzin cost 1st + Grundstrom + Durzi
can argue Muzzin has or had more value than Rakell.
50% retain does increase value which is fair.
If ask is too high... Maybe find another option? lol

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I fixed that for you.

Signed
I also am not sure if thats the best move for the Leafs. like 2 weeks or so till deadline right?
I'd rather wait and see if Campbell can be that starter for Toronto. If it turns out that hes not that guy. I think I'd rather see Leafs spend to acquire John Gibson or something.
I'm not sold Goaltending is solved yet and if they move Robertson+ for Rakell.... Will make the goalie upgrade alot tougher

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
my Leafs fan expectations are unrealistic.... Your asking for Nick Robertson+ for Rakell. heading into an expansion draft and Leafs are going to send their top top prospect. our prospect with the highest upside? for a guy we can't even protect and in the end could lose to Seattle and if they don't draft Rakell he will also be UFA in 1 more year... Im sorry but you sound like a fool making a statement like this....
And your right, they aren't the ones calling Leafs are. price is stupidly high and Leafs hang up deals dead
have a good day

Sounds like you’re trying to protect yourself from the disappointment of what this trade will look like if Toronto ends up acquiring him. Which will only make it worse for you when you digest such a deal when it’s announced. But we can’t always have our cake and eat it too. Dubas doesn’t have a track record of lop-side trade victories or contract negotiation wins. Dubas has a history of paying market. Some would even say he pays more.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
But which cdn team needs him? Mtl, Calgary? Jets, Edmonton don’t need help scoring.
You could make the case for Edmonton. He’d be an upgrade for their top 6 wingers. You don’t have to win NHL games by shutting teams out. You can also win by out scoring them.

Calgary looks like a seller. No playoffs for them. Peg? Not a fit. I agree.

I definitely wouldn’t rule out the Habs. Their GM is active and thinks a bit outside the conventional box.

a team like Boston may go for it. They have trade history with the Ducks too. Islanders maybe. This list of Rakell suitors is probably 5-8 teams realistically.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You could make the case for Edmonton. He’d be an upgrade for their top 6 wingers. You don’t have to win NHL games by shutting teams out. You can also win by out scoring them.

Calgary looks like a seller. No playoffs for them. Peg? Not a fit. I agree.

I definitely wouldn’t rule out the Habs. Their GM is active and thinks a bit outside the conventional box.

a team like Boston may go for it. They have trade history with the Ducks too. Islanders maybe. This list of Rakell suitors is probably 5-8 teams realistically.
Ya and honestly if teams don’t want to pay the price BM set, we certainly can keep Rakell... move him in off-season or next deadline if we want... really isn’t a rush if the market just isn’t there

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Sounds like you’re trying to protect yourself from the disappointment of what this trade will look like if Toronto ends up acquiring him. Which will only make it worse for you when you digest such a deal when it’s announced. But we can’t always have our cake and eat it too. Dubas doesn’t have a track record of lop-side trade victories or contract negotiation wins. Dubas has a history of paying market. Some would even say he pays more.
If the price ends up being Robertson I wont whine and cry about it. Ill be little shocked. I mean I wont be surprised now that I think about it. I understand that being the ask. I just feel like if he's as high as it seems to Toronto. that they can figure a way around moving him to acquire Rakell or whoever they target.
It's not like Robertson is Toronto's only good futures piece they got other top prospects that I think could be included with something else added on top to make up value.

and yeah this is a poor draft but that has been known for well over a year now before covid was a thing as well.
most of the top prospects are already well known, so I dont think things will be too messed up. crapshoot is likely just going to start alot earlier than normal.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Plenty of other fish in the sea besides Rakell.

what would be real bad for you guys would be Edmonton getting him and seeing Edmonton in round 1 or 2. Holy high scoring series that would be.

Rakell with McDavid or Drai would be a problem for the opponent. That’s a metric ton of fire power on a PP or 5 vs 5.

a top six of McDavid, Drai, RNH, Yamamato, Rakell and Jesse P. Wow.
Go ahead,,add Hall to EDM,,i still ain't worried

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
my Leafs fan expectations are unrealistic.... Your asking for Nick Robertson+ for Rakell. heading into an expansion draft and Leafs are going to send their top top prospect. our prospect with the highest upside? for a guy we can't even protect and in the end could lose to Seattle and if they don't draft Rakell he will also be UFA in 1 more year... Im sorry but you sound like a fool making a statement like this....
And your right, they aren't the ones calling Leafs are. price is stupidly high and Leafs hang up deals dead
have a good day
of course you can protect Rakell,,,what are you going on about?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Term alone doesn't make one player more valuable than the other. Engvall is a pretty generic 4th liner, even with his frame. Glendening kills penalties and wins a ton of faceoffs.

You're right, there is term, age, cap hit, upside, Glendening could help the Leafs I'm not suggesting he couldn't but it's a futures deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad