OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Injuries came after the hookers, that was the turning point for him. His biggest mistake was getting married in the first place.

OJ didn't fall while a HOF running back, it happened after he retired.

I highly recommend watching the documentary, OJ Simpson Made in America. It is incredibly well done and really shows how far of a fall OJ had. He went from being one of the first black men to transcend race in america to a criminal hated by all white people. It's fascinating, although 10 hours.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
There is a long list of baseball players who have fallen. Darryl Strawberry, Lenny Dykstra, Sami Sosa, Mark McGuire, Jose Canseco, Barry Bonds, etc.

And then there are the boxers, Tyson, Spinks
or soccer player Ronaldo.

Just goes to show athletes are as human as the rest of us.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Some excellent examples.
I guess Woods fall is probably the tops monetarily at least he stayed out of jail(so far).

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If anyone else here uses Hotmail as your e-mail account do you hate how they changed it where your inbox now says focused, even though all your other e-mails are in the folder marked other. Plus when you want to permanently delete e-mails in the deleted box if you click "Recover deleted items" you are directed to all your deleted e-mails and need to clear them a second time.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If anyone else here uses Hotmail as your e-mail account do you hate how they changed it where your inbox now says focused, even though all your other e-mails are in the folder marked other. Plus when you want to permanently delete e-mails in the deleted box if you click "Recover deleted items" you are directed to all your deleted e-mails and need to clear them a second time.

Yes! I haven't paid any attention to deleted emails yet but the inbox "enhancement" is ridiculous.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I just link all my emails (hotmail, gmail, and U of T) to Outlook.

Anyways, thinking about investing some in cryptocurrency. Mainly ethereum and monero but also bitcoin.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Random question but who would you protect in a vacuum in an expansion draft out of these 3?

Leo Komarov
Scott Wilson
Oscar Lindberg

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Anyone else kind of go back and watch some shows they used to watch when they were younger for the nostalgia? I've been rewatching some old cartoons/anime from when I was younger. I'm telling you, if nostalgia were a drug, I would be hooked on it 24/7. I was never apart of the anime sub-culture or whatever you want to call it but looking back at the shows I used to watch as kids, the ones I was hooked on tended to be anime. Fighting ones to be specific. I'm 25 so I'm sure there's at least a few people around my age that know the shows I'm talking about.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone else kind of go back and watch some shows they used to watch when they were younger for the nostalgia? I've been rewatching some old cartoons/anime from when I was younger. I'm telling you, if nostalgia were a drug, I would be hooked on it 24/7. I was never apart of the anime sub-culture or whatever you want to call it but looking back at the shows I used to watch as kids, the ones I was hooked on tended to be anime. Fighting ones to be specific. I'm 25 so I'm sure there's at least a few people around my age that know the shows I'm talking about.
Recently on YouTube I have been watching old episodes of Punky Brewster.

I also have been watching old episodes of Titus which was on Fox from 2000-2002, however I don't think a lot of people consider it nostalgia compared to Punky Brewster which was from 1984-1988.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Recently on YouTube I have been watching old episodes of Punky Brewster.

I also have been watching old episodes of Titus which was on Fox from 2000-2002, however I don't think a lot of people consider it nostalgia compared to Punky Brewster which was from 1984-1988.

Nostalgia really depends on your age though. Seems like the things a person watches when they're 5-15 year old gives a person a lot of it no matter how many actual years back it is.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
My sister graduated university today.

She has a criminal justice degree or whatever now, so that's pretty cool!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Absolutely burning the candle at both ends here, folks. I've worked OT three days in a row now, and I'm kinda going delerious. I love money, but this schedule is giving me a go, here.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely burning the candle at both ends here, folks. I've worked OT three days in a row now, and I'm kinda going delerious. I love money, but this schedule is giving me a go, here.

ugh that is sucky. :( i remember when i lived in Alberta - I had to do several 14 hr days in a row. it was brutal. itll get better soon :)

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
ugh that is sucky. :( i remember when i lived in Alberta - I had to do several 14 hr days in a row. it was brutal. itll get better soon :)

This is all in the name of a vacation to the west in July, and a brand new truck in July as well, so it's a necessity, but man, why aren't there easier ways to make bank? :laugh:

Last edited:

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan

I had quite a system shock when I moved to Sask for work. When the price of Oil was at it's highest it was assumed you were working 7 days a week, 10-14 hours unless you specifically booked days off. Turned into a zombie after a few weeks. After a month or so I just wanted to see how long I could go without a day off. Made it to 48 days and broke my hand :laugh: Wasn't the best decision of my life but the pay was pretty killer that summer seeing as how I never had time to spend it hah.

Now a few years later here I sit on E.I after massive layoffs haha. Company went from about 60 people down to bare bones crew of about 8 not including management that curiously never got cut back or the wage cuts the workers had to take. **** Crescent Point haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad