Pre-Game Talk: Leafs - Flyers Mon, Sept 22 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not feeling it yet to be honest. I want to be excited for this team, but it looks like the same team to me.

If we can cut the GA to around 15th this year, we should make the playoffs.

~Key stat

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
now how can it look like the same team, if 1/2 the people are changed? Silly :D

again - i am totally okay with the following scenarios

1: we make the playoffs. yay!

2: we don't make the playoffs. yay!

either way - will result in the following
1: playoffs. that we're actually a part of
2: a good pick in a deep draft AND potential trading AND most likely firings

win win scenario for me.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
What channel is LeafsTV now? They changed everything it used to be 500.

I hate the changes when I flick on the TV I still go to 506 first and it's not TSN! (routine was see what's on TSN, then TSN2 then SNO) Gotta remember to start my sports seach on 494 now.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
OH, God. I. CAN'T. WAIT!

iKKMijxzWY6fw.gif

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
now how can it look like the same team, if 1/2 the people are changed? Silly :D

again - i am totally okay with the following scenarios

1: we make the playoffs. yay!

2: we don't make the playoffs. yay!

either way - will result in the following
1: playoffs. that we're actually a part of
2: a good pick in a deep draft AND potential trading AND most likely firings

win win scenario for me.

How's this scenario…Randy Carlyle gets this team in the playoffs and he is re-signed to a new 4 year contract.

I just have to see how this forum reacts to this. :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
How's this scenario…Randy Carlyle gets this team in the playoffs and he is re-signed to a new 4 year contract.

I - would have the popcorn ready :laugh:

as I've said - I am going to be be team Randy. I don't think he's a dumb coach, and I think he'll do a good job. I do have to say there is another caveat to this: if the Leafs play poorly, and make the playoffs - I don't think Randy gets anything.

If the Leafs play WELL and we make the playoffs - Randy gets at least his option picked up.

(actually - I think if the Leafs play well and we just miss out, the Option gets picked up as well).

see. this is why I don't see how people aren't excited - this season is more Soapier than Days of Our Lives

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Wasn't he just resigned 2 years? Either way, this team is a much better team then last year. The depth we have allows us to actually bench/rotate out players who aren't preforming with actual NHL caliber players.

Easily a playoff team imo.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Wasn't he just resigned 2 years? Either way, this team is a much better team then last year. The depth we have allows us to actually bench/rotate out players who aren't preforming with actual NHL caliber players.

Easily a playoff team imo.

It's really only for this year. The 2nd is a golden parachute as they say.

If he does get us in the playoffs, I can see an extension. Probably will deserve it with this same team that is much the same under Wilson.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
It's really only for this year. The 2nd is a golden parachute as they say.

If he does get us in the playoffs, I can see an extension. Probably will deserve it with this same team that is much the same under Wilson.

Except everyone is 2-3 years more experienced, and half the team is different. Solid goaltending duo, much more higher end talent (JVR, Kadri, Rielly and an older Gardiner), and much more depth. The entire bottom 9 is different as well as the entire bottom 4 D. Not even close to the same outside of Dion Kessel Lupul and Bozak.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Except everyone is 2-3 years more experienced, and half the team is different. Solid goaltending duo, much more higher end talent (JVR, Kadri, Rielly and an older Gardiner), and much more depth. The entire bottom 9 is different as well as the entire bottom 4 D. Not even close to the same outside of Dion Kessel Lupul and Bozak.

I think this team like our other teams have the potential to make the playoffs. I also think this team has the potential to miss the playoffs. Easily? No, not when you look at the collapses for this team the past years, GA is the tell, and as long as we are 26th or 29th or 30th in GA, this team will always be on the cusp, or picking high. Nothing easy about this team.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
What channel is LeafsTV now? They changed everything it used to be 500.

I hate the changes when I flick on the TV I still go to 506 first and it's not TSN! (routine was see what's on TSN, then TSN2 then SNO) Gotta remember to start my sports seach on 494 now.

499 for Leafs TV.

You realize it probably would have taken less time to just browse through the interactive programming guide than you waited for someone to answer your question on here.

Jacob8hockey*

Went to the London game last year and had a great time. A little overpriced for pre-season in London but you got to work with whats offered lol.

I came away from that game thinking Paul Ranger was a lock to be a top 4 D.

Oh well, working this year which sucks but can't wait for the tuesday game!

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Went to the London game last year and had a great time. A little overpriced for pre-season in London but you got to work with whats offered lol.

I came away from that game thinking Paul Ranger was a lock to be a top 4 D.

Oh well, working this year which sucks but can't wait for the tuesday game!

I'm working day shift for the preseason and back on afternoons for 2 weeks right on time for the regular season :cry:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
499 for Leafs TV.

You realize it probably would have taken less time to just browse through the interactive programming guide than you waited for someone to answer your question on here.
In the York Region area where I live like Thornhill, they also still have Leafs TV HD on channel 97 and in Standard Definition on channel 414.

officialmark*

Wouldn't be surprised to see JVR/Kadri/Frattin, or Lupul/Kadri/Frattin.

Wonder if we will see Simmonds.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad