Winnik - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnson - Holland - Marner
Komarov - Gauthier - Hyman

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Loov
Harrington - Percy

Bernier
Bibeau

That's my prediction in 2 years based on what's available in the organization now... I think that team could do some damage in the playoffs.

I don't think JVR it Bernier will be here in two years, but so far this lineup is the most realistic. Stamkos is still nothing but a prayer, and I don't see Marner on our top line in only two years either.

Shwaguy*

Posts like these is what makes 29 other fan bases hate the Leafs. Hell, posts like these even make me want to gauge my eyes out.

Lets just post every spec we have, except them to become beasts in 2 years and not have any of them bust, and say were a cup contender, great! :shakehead

Kinda weird that seeing these posts make you angry though, why not just let people have fun with it.

Who cares if you disagree, no point getting mad about it, everyone who is on this forum is here for the sake of entertainment.

Shwaguy*

Not going to happen...but an off season of signing Stamkos, Vesey, Zatisev along with drafting Mathews and Logan Brown would be crazy. Of course, we'll likely get none of them but one can dream. Trade JVR for tough D or goalie. Team in a few years.

Marner Stamkos Lupul
Vesey Mathews Nylander
C Brown Kadri Bracco
Kapanen L Brown Hyman / Tymashov

We more than likely get Zaitsev barring Force Major. Pretty good chance for Vesey as well.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
In two yrs (cup contenders):

JVR Stamkos Marner
Puljujarvi Nylander Kapanen
Timashov Kadri Brown
Winnik Gauthier Komarov

Rielly Dermott
Gardiner Percy
Nielsen Harrington

Sparks
Reimer

QONVIyz.gif

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
So for the next two years the Leafs make 1 FA signing and 0 trades.

Yup, and based on his rosters they somehow got rid of Phaneuf (while making 0 trades as you already alluded to) so he is on the Marlies roster ... right?...

one77

Dec 22, 2013
JVR traded for Seth Jones :D
Phaneuf traded for Ritchie+
Bozak, Lupul, Matthias, Parenteau, etc traded for picks

--------

X - Stamkos - Marner
Laine - Nylander - Kapanen
Ritchie - Kadri - Brown
Komarov - Gauthier - Timashov
-A. Johnson/Bracco

Rielly - Jones
Gardiner - Nielsen
Loov - Dermott
-Percy/Harrington/Valiev

Bernier/Reimer/Sparks/Bibeau

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
JVR traded for Seth Jones :D
Phaneuf traded for Ritchie+
Bozak, Lupul, Matthias, Parenteau, etc traded for picks

--------

X - Stamkos - Marner
Laine - Nylander - Kapanen
Ritchie - Kadri - Brown
Komarov - Gauthier - Timashov
-A. Johnson/Bracco

Rielly - Jones
Gardiner - Nielsen
Loov - Dermott
-Percy/Harrington/Valiev

Bernier/Reimer/Sparks/Bibeau

Looks good. Need to fit Zeitsev somewhere on that d though.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Yup, and based on his rosters they somehow got rid of Phaneuf (while making 0 trades as you already alluded to) so he is on the Marlies roster ... right?...

Oh I missed that, I was too excited at the idea of having 11 rookies on the team and possibly the youngest team of all time to notice.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
JVR - Nylander - Brown
Winnik - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnson - Holland - Marner
Komarov - Gauthier - Hyman

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Loov
Harrington - Percy

Bernier
Bibeau

That's my prediction in 2 years based on what's available in the organization now... I think that team could do some damage in the playoffs.

I don't see Bernier or Kadri here by then personally. JvR is an interesting one. I'm starting to believe he will be gone too but he would be nice to keep around until Marner, Nylander and Brown make it permanently.

And I sure don't think nor do I expect Stamkos to come here either.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I am going to dream big and say that a Leafs sign Kopitar and Stamkos will sign with the Leafs this summer. As trading away Bozak 4.2, Lupul 5.25, Kadri 4.1, Spaling 2.2 and Grabner 3.0 and the Horton LTIR cap space will be more than enough to sign those two.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I am going to dream big and say that a Leafs sign Kopitar and Stamkos will sign with the Leafs this summer. As trading away Bozak 4.2, Lupul 5.25, Kadri 4.1, Spaling 2.2 and Grabner 3.0 and the Horton LTIR cap space will be more than enough to sign those two.

The Leafs would be wrong to go after both. They'd be in cap hell before their window opens.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Like I said, dreaming Big. Having said that, numbers wise if Leafs manage to trade Lupul, Bozak, and Kadri away. As Spaling and Grabner are UFA. You add those up along with Horton and Robidas LTIR cap relieve. It can work.
Spaling and Grabner are 4th liner which you can replace them with pretty much Froese and Clune or Kapanen and Brown. Then Stamkos and Kopitar will take Bozak and Kadri spot. While Willie will take Lupul spot.

buttman*

In two yrs (cup contenders):

JVR Stamkos Marner
Puljujarvi Nylander Kapanen
Timashov Kadri Brown
Winnik Gauthier Komarov

Rielly Dermott
Gardiner Percy
Nielsen Harrington

Sparks
Reimer

Phaneuf will still be here and not all those younsters will have spots.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
hopeful for something like...

JVR Stamkos Marner
Lupul Nylander Brown
Kapanen Kadri Komarov
Leivo Gauthier Winnik
Johnson Holland Timashov
Leipsic Froese Soshnikov
Hyman Carrick Bailey

Rielly Chychrun
Phaneuf Gardiner
Percy Zaitsev
Loov Harrington
Dermott Corrado
Valiev Hunwick

Reimer
Bibeau
Sparks

added extras in to show depth because not everyone will work out if someone doesn`t then just slot someone up

champs*

Morgan Rielly
Scott Harrington
Nazem Kadri
Jake Gardiner
James van Riemsdyk

The above is my best guess of the players I think will be with the team in a couple years. Below are the players that i will give a 50/50 chance of being on the team in a couple years.

Jonathan Bernier
Dion Phaneuf
Tyler Bozak
Leo Komarov
Daniel Winnik
Byron Froese
Peter Holland

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
Morgan Rielly
Scott Harrington
Nazem Kadri
Jake Gardiner
James van Riemsdyk

The above is my best guess of the players I think will be with the team in a couple years. Below are the players that i will give a 50/50 chance of being on the team in a couple years.

Jonathan Bernier
Dion Phaneuf
Tyler Bozak
Leo Komarov
Daniel Winnik
Byron Froese
Peter Holland

100%

Marner
Nylander
Komarov

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Morgan Rielly
Scott Harrington
Nazem Kadri
Jake Gardiner
James van Riemsdyk

Jonathan Bernier
Dion Phaneuf
Tyler Bozak
Leo Komarov
Daniel Winnik
Byron Froese
Peter Holland

Bernier has NO CHANCE to be here in 2 years he might not be here next year and if Kadri doesn't start producing he won't be here either

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
JvR Stamkos Marner
Lupul Nylander Komarov
Vesey Kadri Matthias
Winnik Gauthier Brown

Gardiner Phaneuf
Reilly Hunwick
Percy Zaitsev
Harrington

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Bernier has NO CHANCE to be here in 2 years he might not be here next year and if Kadri doesn't start producing he won't be here either

If Kadri doesnt start producing where would he go? The AHL? If he is traded it would likely be for a similar player back. If Kadri ends up finishing the season with 35ish points I would imagine he would just get re-signed. If Kadri continues to play the way he is for the rest of the season I would have no problem with getting him resigned for 4.1m x 3 years.

horner

May 22, 2007
We always suffer from harsh prospect hubris. Chances are in 2 years, a few of our HOME RUN picks from this past draft will have been dealt for more picks or as throw ins in getting rid of bad contracts. That tends to be the case, not just with the Leafs, but with most teams. We'll have a log jam soon enough, NHL and AHL, and will have to find something to do. Our only real hope is that we can find a suitor for our old core players, minus maybe Dion. Guys like Lupul and Bozak are having great years, but because of term we might have to give up a prospect or two. We also need to realize that the Hyman's and Carrick's of this roster mean just as much as the Soshnikov's. Kapanen might get away with a bottom 6 role because he plays solid defence, but we some hard nose grinders in this system as well. Hopefully we get Cameranessi signed this offseason as he seems to be a perfect bottom 6 guy for the NHL. Hard nosed with some skill, just like Hyman.

And then there's potentially Zaitsev... Easily a top 4 RHD. Kind of glad Granberg was taken off waivers. One less body and I prefer Corrado anyway.

Jack Rodewald i think may be one of those big tough 4th liners that you are talking about

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The team will not be ready to be a contender for a minimum 4 years i believe. There will be alot of fun with players coming in and making a name for themselves in the meantime though.

The skill and speed and coaching style of Babcock will most definitely be a handful for the rest of the league.

I'm content to not project anything and enjoy watching it evolve with little expectation at all.

Its going to be a very competitive system for our prospects to get through in a couple years too. It takes more time that this writer is projecting i believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad