Confirmed with Link: Leaf scout Lindsay Hofford charged

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Why in the world would a bunch of Leaf fans be going after a scout exactly? I don't care that he's a scout. I think he made a dumb decision but some people are acting like its perfectly normal to steal a golf cart from an amusement park while drunk and then hit something.

I hope he faces whatever the normal consequences are for that kind of behavior.

Exactly, he deserves punishment for what he did.

He doesn't deserve punishment for what someone else did some other place and some other time.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It is an isolated instance and rest assured he isn't picking up and driving kids. :laugh:

I provided a link earlier to his company. You should check it out, pretty impressive minus the taxi service!

Isn't that the Link that I provided earlier?

The resume point was made to reference a possible job loss expectation on his part as Leaf management decision. ;)

He already has a backup plan (or had).

Pro Hockey Development (Founder & CEO). (http://www.prohoc.com/page/show/660237-staff)

I wouldn't be surprised if he faced further repercussion from Leafs management in addition to what the judge hands down.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Isn't that the Link that I provided earlier?

I wouldn't be surprised if he faced further repercussion from Leafs management in addition to what the judge hands down.

Yes that link. I assumed you took it from my post on the first page.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
just to address everything -

Re: the Tim Horton/RoR Comparison. There were a bunch of people who thought he was horrible - and there was an equal bunch of people who was like he did his time, whatever and laughed about it. I didn't 'make' it up. It is really amazing how a lot of people tend to hand-wave things in regards to what NHL employed people (GMs, Players, in this case Scouts) do unless it's completely and utterly egregious. and even then - I've seen some people try to dismiss fact of a "who cares, boys will be boys mentality." which - I think is wrong.

No - I will admit that I do not golf, so i don't know what people do regarding a golf-cart or how people act around them but impaired driving of any kind (exhaustion, drugs, alcohol) of any kind of vehicle is selfish and wrong. I don't understand why it's different because everyone does it at the golf course and/or park - or why it's different because it's a 800lb golf cart as if that won't seriously hurt someone.

Driving Under the Influence in my very humble opinion - and because of my experience - does get painted under the same harsh brush. if you are going to drink, or toke up, or take pain meds, or whatever - fine. I'm not judging that. but if you get behind the wheel of anything that can seriously hurt someone else and not your own person then quite frankly, I am going to judge. because it's 2017. People should know better.

but whatever. if people want to think i'm too overly sensitive for sharing my opinion about something serious (note i didn't even say that i'd pitch to get him fired or whatever). but i do think this attitude of "Who cares what he did as long as he scouts well" is very.. blase.

but whatever.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
just to address everything -

but whatever. if people want to think i'm too overly sensitive for sharing my opinion about something serious (note i didn't even say that i'd pitch to get him fired or whatever). but i do think this attitude of "Who cares what he did as long as he scouts well" is very.. blase.

but whatever.

I don't think you're overly sensitive about it, otherwise you'd keep it to yourself.

And sure we can talk about what-if scenarios, but that has nothing to with Hofford does it? We don't have to say what if Hofford did such and such because we can just discuss what he actually did.

He was definitely stupid, no debate there.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I don't think you're overly sensitive about it, otherwise you'd keep it to yourself.

And sure we can talk about what-if scenarios, but that has nothing to with Hofford does it? We don't have to say what if Hofford did such and such because we can just discuss what he actually did.

He was definitely stupid, no debate there.

In fairness the hypothetical scenario's only started when a few posters tried to act as though stealing a golf cart from an amusement park after hours while drunk, getting into accident and fleeing the scene was just a regular Muskoka weekend.

pgk

Jun 24, 2014
"CULTURE" ... how much did that get rammed down our throats? I guess theres a line somewhere in the org chart where "culture" doesn't apply and you aren't held accountable for your actions the same way as people above you. So disappointing. You **** up, you lose your job. Thats the way I want it to be. Anything else breeds mediocrity.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
...or he broke a clause in his contract, I'm assuming he had a personal conduct clause with MLSE, its pretty standard for all sports entertainment companies and most large companies have them now. HE'S the one punishing his family by HIS choice of actions.

Hello good sir. Here to inform:

Merritt v Tigercat Industries 2016 - Ontario Superior Court case from last year
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/d...ml?autocompleteStr=tigercat&autocompletePos=3

The Court confirmed that criminal charges for off-duty conduct alone do not constitute just cause for dismissal. In order for off-duty conduct to constitute just cause for dismissal, there must be a justifiable connection between the off-duty conduct and the employer or the nature of employment.

As for "conduct clauses," very debatable.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It's life, he didn't hurt anyone, get over it. The fake outrage is gross. Get over it people, think about all the times you've had a couple to drink... I'm sure you probably weren't a model citizen then either.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Why in the world would a bunch of Leaf fans be going after a scout exactly? I don't care that he's a scout. I think he made a dumb decision but some people are acting like its perfectly normal to steal a golf cart from an amusement park while drunk and then hit something.

I hope he faces whatever the normal consequences are for that kind of behavior.

and some people are crying bloody murder of him taking a damn Golf Cart. If he wasn't a leaf scout this would have never made news. It's summer, people drink and make mistakes.

Chill out

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
and some people are crying bloody murder of him taking a damn Golf Cart. If he wasn't a leaf scout this would have never made news. It's summer, people drink and make mistakes.

Chill out

Had a couple of golf cart laughs in my 20's when it was fun to drink too much and hit an outhouse or hit another cart from behind at the tee. I always chalked it up to being young, drunk, and stupid. Not gonna get heavy here because it's obviously not my place but there is an invisible indistinct line in everyone's personal life, family life, and professional life when alcohol affects behaviour a bit too often and a bit too consequentially. I have no idea if this applies to Hofford. I hope this incident is very rare in his life and he is a healthy person.

Back to hockey...

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Chill out

Stop trying to normalize stealing a golf cart and fleeing from an accident. It's not normal to steal a golf cart from an amusement park.

The scout deserves whatever punishment this usually gets. He's facing five different charges.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Stop trying to normalize stealing a golf cart and fleeing from an accident. It's not normal to steal a golf cart from an amusement park.

The scout deserves whatever punishment this usually gets. He's facing five different charges.

Good post and to add to it no one is crying bloody murder, the hyperbole is ridicuolus.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

alright, mr/mrs. holier than thou.. people make mistakes. **** happens. Get over it, he's probably not going to get fired and it will more than likely have little to no affect on any of our players on our current roster. Not even sure why this is a thread tbh.

But then again it's summer and we need something to dig our teeth into right?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

& Quite frankly I have friends who work at Golf courses and this happens more than you think. So it is normal...

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
& Quite frankly I have friends who work at Golf courses and this happens more than you think. So it is normal...

it happened at an amusement park... not a golf course where carts are regularly used by patrons.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
alright, mr/mrs. holier than thou.. people make mistakes. **** happens. Get over it, he's probably not going to get fired and it will more than likely have little to no affect on any of our players on our current roster. Not even sure why this is a thread tbh.

But then again it's summer and we need something to dig our teeth into right?

Im hardly holier than thou, this isn't a morality issue it's an actions have consequences issue. You're the one acting like it's normal to steal a golf cart from an amusement park after hours, while drunk getting into an accident than fleeing the scene.

This guy has five different charges pending, it's not like he crashed his golf cart into the sand trap and walked away.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Dang, I had no idea he did that. I thought he was playing an 18 hole course while driving drunkenly....

Yeah, this ain't good for him.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Its ok we have tons of scouts. Secondly, he is human and crap like this happens. Thirdly, they might as well make news about the Zamboni driver. Who honestly cares.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
More like trespass in that he did not leave after the park closed. I'm guessing he wasn't alone and likely the only one who got caught.

I don't remember where I read it, but I thought a section of hte park was reserved for a family function... he may have been allowed in after hours...

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
It's life, he didn't hurt anyone, get over it. The fake outrage is gross. Get over it people, think about all the times you've had a couple to drink... I'm sure you probably weren't a model citizen then either.

Literally never drank and drove, and I drink. Always have a plan if I'm expecting to drink, and always call a cab, friend, or family member if I didn't plan on it.

If your argument is, "he didn't hurt anyone so get over it."

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad