Confirmed with Link: Leaf scout Lindsay Hofford charged

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Literally never drank and drove, and I drink. Always have a plan if I'm expecting to drink, and always call a cab, friend, or family member if I didn't plan on it.

if your argument is, "he didn't hurt anyone so get over it."

You sound like you're copying a script from the MADD commercials.

Last edited by a moderator:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Literally never drank and drove, and I drink. Always have a plan if I'm expecting to drink, and always call a cab, friend, or family member if I didn't plan on it.

if your argument is, "he didn't hurt anyone so get over it."

He drove a ****ing golf cart, no one is saying what he did was right. However, we don't have the full details, so people acting like he was running people over need to shut the hell up. Has there even been a police report out for this incident? It may not have even actually been a joy ride, we all know the media can over exaggerate things for a title. We get it, he did something stupid. But is this really ground-breaking Leafs news? No not really. I didn't see people give this much of a **** when Ryan O'Reilly drove into a Tim Hortons or whatever.

Point is, he should face penalties but don't act like he did the most horrible thing in the world. We have plenty of scouts, if the Leafs chose to fire him so be it.

Also guarantee he was not the only guy who was involved in this incident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
He drove a ****ing golf cart, no one is saying what he did was right. However, we don't have the full details, so people acting like he was running people over need to shut the hell up. Has there even been a police report out for this incident? It may not have even actually been a joy ride, we all know the media can over exaggerate things for a title. We get it, he did something stupid. But is this really ground-breaking Leafs news? No not really. I didn't see people give this much of a **** when Ryan O'Reilly drove into a Tim Hortons or whatever.

Point is, he should face penalties but don't act like he did the most horrible thing in the world. We have plenty of scouts, if the Leafs chose to fire him so be it.

Also guarantee he was not the only guy who was involved in this incident.

Bo & Luke Duke agree with every single word you just ranted. The store down the street sells Snickers.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Any word on if the Leafs disciplined this guy?

He was a very high end scout with the London Knights and just moved to the Leafs a few years ago after Hunter came over.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
They should can this clown. You represent your organization, and he's an embarrassment. Grown-*** man acting like a college student. Scouts come and go. This one should be shown the door.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

If your argument is, "he didn't hurt anyone so get over it."

If you're old enough to remember when cars were a luxury, when some city streets were gravel, you remember when drinking and driving wasn't considered anything more than a dumb thing to do.

Definitely, things have changed over the years, but having a couple drinks and driving isn't a crime. The problem is more the people who can't have a drink or two, but have to keep drinking. So definitely that type should leave the car at home and take a taxi.

I was pleased when BC changed their rules and then when law enforcement came out and said it isn't illegal to drink and drive. It is illegal to blow over a certain level. It kind of countered the MADD madness that any drink made you a criminal.

Doesn't excuse Hofford, who sounds like he had a fair bit more than a couple drinks, thank goodness he wasn't in a car on public streets.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2926240/distracted-driving-deaths-outpacing-impaired-driving-deaths/

Distracted driving is increasingly becoming more deadly than drunk driving.

In Ontario last month, deaths attributed to distracted driving were double that of impaired driving — 38 versus 19 — and the number of people charged with the offence now exceeds 8,800 for the year.

I see people texting and driving almost every time I'm driving on a busy street. That is something I've never done and never will, and unless hands free integrated system I don't do voice either. Watch commercial vehicles and you'll see rampant use of cell phones while on the road.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
there needs to be a serious crackdown on texting and driving. it really is incredulous to think how dangerous it is and how common it is amongst the idiots who think it's okay.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
there needs to be a serious crackdown on texting and driving. it really is incredulous to think how dangerous it is and how common it is amongst the idiots who think it's okay.

Far more dangerous than driving with one beer in your system... As is driving fatigued. I know I've been at the point where I almost fell alseep at the wheel, and its terrifying. People need to know their limits, and that doesn't just goes towards alcohol. Nothing wrong with pulling over and having a snooze. :)

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Shame on everyone on prescripted medicantion that does just because, they need it but also have a licence so its their right to still be able to drive. Even though it clearly says no driving!

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Far more dangerous than driving with one beer in your system... As is driving fatigued. I know I've been at the point where I almost fell alseep at the wheel, and its terrifying. People need to know their limits, and that doesn't just goes towards alcohol. Nothing wrong with pulling over and having a snooze. :)

funny how you mention this as i was just driving this point home with one of my nephews last night who now does a lot of highway driving for his job. if you start to feel the least bit tired pull over, especially if it is a two lane hwy and not a divided one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad