leaf fans; who is your second favourite team

Urban Explorer*

There is no such thing as a 2nd favorite team. It's Leafs or die, as it should be for anyone else here with any stones in their sack who calls themselves a leaf fan. Although I will say I will root for a team over another team in the playoffs but it has nothing to do with favorites. It's usually like for example i'll root for the team that aren't divers vs a team of divers.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
The Nordiques if they ever came back :P
Blues are my favourite Western team...didn't have any Leafs hockey cards as a kid, and the Blues were the second bluest (my favourite colour)...

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
There is no such thing as a 2nd favorite team. It's Leafs or die, as it should be for anyone else here with any stones in their sack who calls themselves a leaf fan. Although I will say I will root for a team over another team in the playoffs but it has nothing to do with favorites. It's usually like for example i'll root for the team that aren't divers vs a team of divers.

Sounds like you take your masculinity extremely seriously.

Nazem Rielly

Aug 4, 2012
None. Even if a second franchise were to come into the GTA, I would never cheer for them (unless they're in the Stanley Cup finals). Leafs only :)

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
I actually like almost all the teams in the league, but I chose Dallas as an organization because I really love a lot of their players (Benn, Eriksson, Lehtonen, Faksa). That said, it changes all the time.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
what team do you cheer on all the time when they are not playing Toronto?

Since I live in the West I follow Calgary as my 2nd favourite team, but there is a gigantic gap between them and my Leafs however.

I think I'm going to follow the Oilers as well, because that is going to be a young team that can become very special and entertaining to watch.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I don't really have a 2nd team but i do root for/against cetain players .

Leafs For Life*

The Nordiques if they ever came back :P
Blues are my favourite Western team...didn't have any Leafs hockey cards as a kid, and the Blues were the second bluest (my favourite colour)...

An enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
I kind of like Anaheim and Nashville (I loved the Ducks during their cup run and was happy when we got Burke because of it). Calgary is probably my 2nd favorite Canadian team (Winnipeg will probably be my 2nd favorite once they move to the Western Conference due to family ties I have to the Peg).

Jatt

Sep 28, 2005
Grew up in the 80's during the Ballard years in Toronto and the Oilers being an all-star team, although I love the Leafs, Edmonton is my Western Conference team to root for.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Tampa Bay Lightning. I always liked them when they had Lecavalier and Richards, and especially now that they're rolling with our hometown superstar in uniforms trying their hardest to look like the Leafs...

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness
The Sens. I hated them until last season where they showed immense heart and a never say die attitude. I remember watching them vs the Rangers in the playoffs and they refused to give up, especially so in the last game. They were not even supposed to make it to the playoffs and pushed it to 7 against the rags. Good for them.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The Sens. I hated them until last season where they showed immense heart and a never say die attitude. I remember watching them vs the Rangers in the playoffs and they refused to give up, especially so in the last game. They were not even supposed to make it to the playoffs and pushed it to 7 against the rags. Good for them.

Blasphemy.

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008

It appears our jibs were cut by the same sailmaker. Party on, my friend.

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008

Pretty sure this is ban-worthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad