Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIV: Jamais 2 sans 3 (Expansion bid submitted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
I will cheer for the nords no mater what the other quebec fans think of me.

You'll be welcomed. No worries!

In fact, I think we'll need an official ''born-again fan'' thread in our new sub-forum for the first few months. So people can officially throw away the chains of their old team and hop on the new Nordiques bandwagon. No questions asked. And no teasing! (and get a new cooler Avatar)

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
You'll be welcomed. No worries!

In fact, I think we'll need an official ''born-again fan'' thread in our new sub-forum for the first few months. So people can officially throw away the chains of their old team and hop on the new Nordiques bandwagon. No questions asked. And no teasing! (and get a new cooler Avatar)

something like : welcome back from the dark side and into the light :sarcasm:

WeTheNords

Jun 14, 2015
Which means diddly squat when you consider that Jets tickets are among the nighest priced in the league. The trend in all leagues is smaller venues with higher ticket pricing.

Exactly. Winnipeg has all our respect, Nordiques fans, they opened up the way for us to comeback.

WeTheNords

Jun 14, 2015
If we happen to have a subforum (implying we are awarded a team) I'll make sure we have a wall of shame for QC citizens who became habs fans who now come back to their Nordiques fans status.

That's stupid frankly. The team was dead, and the hopes of getting another were nill for a long time. Mtl was the last team in the province of Québec. Easyest team to follow. On dont buy that way of thinking. There is more then one way to be a fan.

A became interested in the Habs when they acquired three Nordiques player in the Roy trade, after many months of hockey grieving.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
That's stupid frankly. The team was dead, and the hopes of getting another were nill for a long time. Mtl was the last team in the province of Québec. Easyest team to follow. On dont buy that way of thinking. There is more then one way to be a fan.

A became interested in the Habs when they acquired three Nordiques player in the Roy trade, after many months of hockey grieving.

Last playoffs I took pictures of "friends" of mine cheering for the Canadiens with a beer in hand that I suspect will turn blue once we're back. You can be sure I'll photoshop a real wall of shame for social media purpose.
You don't cheer for your enemy. All that says is other fanbases are right when they say we are Montreal market and don't need a team.

It's cool though all the wall of shame will mean is your username will be indefinitely stickied up top.

WeTheNords

Jun 14, 2015
Last playoffs I took pictures of "friends" of mine cheering for the Canadiens with a beer in hand that I suspect will turn blue once we're back. You can be sure I'll photoshop a real wall of shame for social media purpose.
You don't cheer for your enemy. All that says is other fanbases are right when they say we are Montreal market and don't need a team.

It's cool though all the wall of shame will mean is your username will be indefinitely stickied up top.

Dont be the hockey equivalent of a fundamentalist. There is more then one road to become fans of a team. Especially in the case of a city that loses its team, and with very little odds of ever getting a team back, like it was in the late 90's early 2000's.

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
No amnesty?

I am NO fan of the Habs, but having your team ripped away might make you do something crazy like cheer for the Habs.

They were mentally and emotionally distraught, your honor. They can't possibly have been mentally competent at that time - having suffered through an emotionally damaging event - and therefore cannot be held responsible for their actions.

Ever read the story of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)? If the Nords fans who went to the Habs come back and admit they were wrong for doing so; they should be given a clean slate. Don't you think? They couldn't have known that the Nords would EVER come back; could they have?

They've suffered enough.

Not that you asked, but that's my opinion/suggestion.

HOWEVER.... I say you publically tar and feather ANYONE caught sneaking back into the Habs camp once they have sworn their oath of loyalty to the Nordiques. THOSE pathetic souls should be immediately enshrined into your Hall of Shame.

Just putting it out there...

The team may leave but the hate still lives. Rooting for the habs is treason, pure and simple.

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
Exactly. Winnipeg has all our respect, Nordiques fans, they opened up the way for us to comeback.

I've been calling Winnipeg Québec and Hartford the three forgotten sisters. all three were WHA expansion cities that saw their teams moved away. Winnipeg has it's team back now. I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances of seeing our Nordiques back in the next few years. Now we need to push for Hartford.

WeTheNords

Jun 14, 2015
I've been calling Winnipeg Québec and Hartford the three forgotten sisters. all three were WHA expansion cities that saw their teams moved away. Winnipeg has it's team back now. I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances of seeing our Nordiques back in the next few years. Now we need to push for Hartford.

Yeah, i want Harford also. So many Nordiques memories involves the Whalers

MontrealYul

Mar 29, 2012
How would you Nords fan feel about Habs fans switching to the Nords? I think this will be the case for a few people in Montreal.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If we happen to have a subforum (implying we are awarded a team) I'll make sure we have a wall of shame for QC citizens who became habs fans who now come back to their Nordiques fans status.

A lot of Habs fans in the QC city area weren't even born (or too young) when the Nords were around and they became Habs fans by default. Not many of us, hardcore Nords fans, became Habs fans. Some followed other teams (mostly the AVS at the beginning) while the rest just stopped following the NHL.

Back in the days my dad was a Habs fan because he grew up with them (Nords weren't around yet when he was a kid) and we had a bunch of "older" Habs fans in the Quebec city area for that very same reason. (Remember the astronomical number of Habs fans at le Colisée during the Canadiens/Nordiques games? Those weren't all people from Montreal.)

I think this situation will repeat with the current "under 30" crowd that grew up with the Habs so all current fans that want to switch allegiance will be more than welcomed. We actually need them.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Nords vs Habs goes back to the beginning on the WHA. The Nords used to televise Sunday home games on Channel 10 in Montreal back in the 70's and people watched. In fact there was a time in the 70's that more Bruins and Nords games were on TV in Montreal than Habs games as a Vermont station carried Boston.

Nords 2.0 will have valuable francophone radio and TV but on the anglophone side media will be limited.

A lot of Habs fans in the QC city area weren't even born (or too young) when the Nords were around and they became Habs fans by default. Not many of us, hardcore Nords fans, became Habs fans. Some followed other teams (mostly the AVS at the beginning) while the rest just stopped following the NHL.

Back in the days my dad was a Habs fan because he grew up with them (Nords weren't around yet when he was a kid) and we had a bunch of "older" Habs fans in the Quebec city area for that very same reason. (Remember the astronomical number of Habs fans at le Colisée during the Canadiens/Nordiques games? Those weren't all people from Montreal.)

I think this situation will repeat with the current "under 30" crowd that grew up with the Habs so all current fans that want to switch allegiance will be more than welcomed in my book. We actually need them.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
At 40, I've been a Habs fan all my life.

Living in QC, even when I was 12, my whole class were rooting for the Nords except me. When I was even younger, the Nords beat the Habs when Stastny scored that OT goal and the teacher stopped the whole day of class to celebrate it. And he kept making us hear the recording over and over. I should have been mad but really it was a day free of class and there was a good-natured ribbing between me and the teacher. Even if I was the only Habs fan, I was his favorite student cause I was the one that knew about hockey so much and we were always talking about it, arguing about it.

But even after all this, I'm seriously considering switching if the Nords come back. I cannot quite explain it, it's gonna be sort of like the feeling of a revolution. Like a serious enthousiatic jolt to the people of this city and a source of pride. If my old teacher would me now...

Well damn, I guess I should have written this in a Blog somewhere.

Last edited:

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
When i was a kid i (gasp) liked both Habs & Nords then Avs when they moved. Gradually lost interest with Habs when they sold their players & got screwed during the Peanuts era.

Started following Pens when Mario came along. My teams will be:

Pens/Nords
then Bolts/Avs

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

I have to agree with this. If the Rangers ever left NY or ceased to exist, there is no way in hell I am rooting for the Isles, Devils, Flyers, or Pens. My brother is a Pens fan. When the threat of them moving was real, he said he wasn't sure what he would do. If they kept the name Penguins and the history it wouldn't matter to him as he doesnt live in Pittsburgh anyway. If they changed the name, he would probably change teams but not to the Isles,Rangers, or Devils, or Flyers.

I'd probably become a Leafs, Canes, Sens fan. A team without much history against the Rangers.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

I think this situation will repeat with the current "under 30" crowd that grew up with the Habs so all current fans that want to switch allegiance will be more than welcomed. We actually need them.
I have driven from Montreal to Quebec City. At one point in between the 2 cities did it start to become less Habs territory and more Nordiques? If the answer is never, then at what point did the percentage of Nordiques fans really start to increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad