LD Stanislav Svozil - HC Kometa Brno, Extraliga Jrs (2021, 69th, CBJ)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree Jiricek in those last two games was a force for them and the best overall D. Don't get me wrong I like them both, I just think when Svozil arrives here next year he'll really impress the fans that don't know who he is yet.

My prediction is he starts in the AHL next year and could be a mainstay on the NHL roster by Christmas. He's had a full year of playing in North America under his belt but on top of that was a force in the WHL most nights.
Played pro in Europe too! So he has played against Men before.. obviously, Extraliga is a far cry from NHL but he does have that experience. I think he'll get a good look at training camp for the world's too... Czechs are down a lot of D going into this one. Our D is bad to begin with. Jiricek made the team last season and would be Top 4 this season if Cleveland gets eliminated.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Call me crazy but I might like him more than Jiricek. I've seen almost every Monsters game this year and David has been very steady, but what Svozil has done in Regina and the snippet last night was very impressive. I've seen about 15 Pats games this year and the way he processes the game will translate well to the NHL. He has a great shot, good motor, and not afraid to attack in the O zone. He hasn't been a defensive liability in doing so because he can get back into the play and uses his stick to disrupt plays in the Neutral zone or at the line. He's also tough to beat 1v1. He scored some very very timely goals for Regina in that series vs Saskatoon.

Last night right off the bat first shift he took a D to D pass from Boqvist in his own zone, picked his head up and fired a cross ice stretch pass to the winger, same shift he took a pass of the wall and got a good wrister on net. Was a few plays where he showed he wasn't afraid to jump into the rush and was even behind the net a few times. Was comfortable on the power play and for sure can be a future power play qb on this team.

I think he will be the better offensive catalyst and his D game is no slouch, he will need to adjust to the NHL but the way he uses his stick is right up there with Jiricek.

Both these guys are ahead of Ceulemans for me, by a decent margin too.

He was making plays last night and looked terrific.

But I think this might be a case where first game adrenaline masks the immaturity of the player. Svozil has had a lot of games for the Pats where his motor and his puck decisions have lagged. My guess is that his need for gym time will be more apparent if he's in the NHL in the Fall. Of course maybe he'll cover that gap in the offseason.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
He was making plays last night and looked terrific.

But I think this might be a case where first game adrenaline masks the immaturity of the player. Svozil has had a lot of games for the Pats where his motor and his puck decisions have lagged. My guess is that his need for gym time will be more apparent if he's in the NHL in the Fall. Of course maybe he'll cover that gap in the offseason.
This is a fair take I'm with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad