LD Stanislav Svozil - HC Kometa Brno, Extraliga Jrs (2021, 69th, CBJ)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems to be doing okay. Curious how AHL goes next year. Tough transition. There seems to be some offence in his game though.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

12pts in 6 playoff games. Get him the Skoda cup tryouts please. We are down hronek and now sklenicka... Every guy we have is in a defensive mold. He may actually make it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Just by my eye, this time Svozil's production is very much carried by Bedard. I see more mistakes, and I'm wondering if maybe the minutes have tired him out. I don't think this is the best Svozil we've seen, like at the WJC or at other times this year.

Reactions: Goodman68

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Svozil was excellent at the WJC. CBJ did well with him and Jiricek. Glad to hear he's putting up points.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Unlikely considering Jiricek wasnt called up. Although im not sure if Cleveland plays when Columbus plays Buffalo
Jiricek played last night.. over 20 minutes. Did he get sent back down?

He did!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hey BJ fans- would you say Svozil has passed Ceulemans as a prospect for Columbus?

Possibly, but both need another year or two so not a huge gap.

Jiricek played last night.. over 20 minutes. Did he get sent back down?

He did!

Jiricek is very important for Cleveland so I think they want to save him for that final AHL regular season weekend, they're trying to make the playoffs.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
1 apple and a nice haul of ice time through 3 periods. Heading into OT....nice start kid!

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Call me crazy but I might like him more than Jiricek. I've seen almost every Monsters game this year and David has been very steady, but what Svozil has done in Regina and the snippet last night was very impressive. I've seen about 15 Pats games this year and the way he processes the game will translate well to the NHL. He has a great shot, good motor, and not afraid to attack in the O zone. He hasn't been a defensive liability in doing so because he can get back into the play and uses his stick to disrupt plays in the Neutral zone or at the line. He's also tough to beat 1v1. He scored some very very timely goals for Regina in that series vs Saskatoon.

Last night right off the bat first shift he took a D to D pass from Boqvist in his own zone, picked his head up and fired a cross ice stretch pass to the winger, same shift he took a pass of the wall and got a good wrister on net. Was a few plays where he showed he wasn't afraid to jump into the rush and was even behind the net a few times. Was comfortable on the power play and for sure can be a future power play qb on this team.

I think he will be the better offensive catalyst and his D game is no slouch, he will need to adjust to the NHL but the way he uses his stick is right up there with Jiricek.

Both these guys are ahead of Ceulemans for me, by a decent margin too.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Call me crazy but I might like him more than Jiricek. I've seen almost every Monsters game this year and David has been very steady, but what Svozil has done in Regina and the snippet last night was very impressive. I've seen about 15 Pats games this year and the way he processes the game will translate well to the NHL. He has a great shot, good motor, and not afraid to attack in the O zone. He hasn't been a defensive liability in doing so because he can get back into the play and uses his stick to disrupt plays in the Neutral zone or at the line. He's also tough to beat 1v1.

Last night right off the bat first shift he took a D to D pass from Boqvist in his own zone, picked his head up and fired a cross ice stretch pass to the winger, same shift he took a pass of the wall and got a good wrister on net. Was a few plays where he showed he wasn't afraid to jump into the rush and was even behind the net a few times. Was comfortable on the power play and for sure can be a future power play qb on this team.

I think he will be the better offensive catalyst and his D game is no slouch, he will need to adjust to the NHL but the way he uses his stick is right up there with Jiricek.

Both these guys are ahead of Ceulemans for me, by a decent margin too.
At the U20's... he stood out more than Jiricek in the first 4 games. It was hard to say one was clearly better (I'd include Spacek here too). They were just so damn dominant.

For the medals, Jiricek stood out more.

I'm in shock he already has a cup of coffee in the NHL. I'd say this guarantees no more CHL and AHL next year. Maybe he even gets a call or two?

He had a beauty pinch and backhand last night (he scores a lot on his backhand) but missed the net.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
At the U20's... he stood out more than Jiricek in the first 4 games. It was hard to say one was clearly better (I'd include Spacek here too). They were just so damn dominant.

For the medals, Jiricek stood out more.

I'm in shock he already has a cup of coffee in the NHL. I'd say this guarantees no more CHL and AHL next year. Maybe he even gets a call or two?

He had a beauty pinch and backhand last night (he scores a lot on his backhand) but missed the net.
I agree Jiricek in those last two games was a force for them and the best overall D. Don't get me wrong I like them both, I just think when Svozil arrives here next year he'll really impress the fans that don't know who he is yet.

My prediction is he starts in the AHL next year and could be a mainstay on the NHL roster by Christmas. He's had a full year of playing in North America under his belt but on top of that was a force in the WHL most nights.

Reactions: Goodman68 and Eegs

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
My prediction is he starts in the AHL next year and could be a mainstay on the NHL roster by Christmas. He's had a full year of playing in North America under his belt but on top of that was a force in the WHL most nights.
And if CBJ gets Bedard, we might be able to speed up that timeline with the chemistry those 2 share.

Reactions: Czechboy

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
And if CBJ gets Bedard, we might be able to speed up that timeline with the chemistry those 2 share.
Yeah that'd be great. I'm one of the CBJ fans that's pissed about winning last night, but hopefully we can still get him.

I was texting with a buddy in Pittsburgh last night who doesn't follow any prospects - I said watch this #81 on D he's gonna be good.

Reactions: Eegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad