LD Stanislav Svozil - HC Kometa Brno, Extraliga Jrs (2021, 69th, CBJ)

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
1. What's your hard-on for hating seemingly every European league despite having next to no knowledge or understanding about those which is something you exibited multiple times?
2. Have you considered that his CF% (which is now apparently THE metric of "goodness") is so good because his minutes were so low and extremely sheltered?
What you don't understand is that Kometa was caved in everytime 1st line was not on the ice. They are that bad.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What you don't understand is that Kometa was caved in everytime 1st line was not on the ice. They are that bad.
Yes, there is no way that country's most successful team in the last 6-7 years can bounce back after a bad season. They are going to be bad forever from now on.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I will say it again. Svozil is much better D than Jiricek, he is better skater, he has much higher IQ with elite creativity in o-zone and only thing that is worse is his shot, he is already complete player in his own end and he absolutely can become 1st pair D. He is not worse this year. He is getting nearly no icetime with shitty teammates, because Kral is doing good and Kometa is one line team. On the other hand we have Jiricek who is getting all the time he can get in Plzen, that is why he is getting so much more attention. When i see him he reminds me of Zidlicky. If he is not top 10 pick of 2021 draft then he will become one of the biggest steals of the draft in recent history and i am talking about Brayden Point lvl of steal.
Are you Svozil’s dad?

Reactions: hellwar9

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I will say it again. Svozil is much better D than Jiricek, he is better skater, he has much higher IQ with elite creativity in o-zone and only thing that is worse is his shot, he is already complete player in his own end and he absolutely can become 1st pair D. He is not worse this year. He is getting nearly no icetime with shitty teammates, because Kral is doing good and Kometa is one line team. On the other hand we have Jiricek who is getting all the time he can get in Plzen, that is why he is getting so much more attention. When i see him he reminds me of Zidlicky. If he is not top 10 pick of 2021 draft then he will become one of the biggest steals of the draft in recent history and i am talking about Brayden Point lvl of steal.

I absolutely agree that Svozil is overall the better defenseman of the two as of now (let's keep in mind he's also a year older.) However Jiricek's "hockey IQ" in terms of vision and knowing what to do with a puck on his stick is elite given his age. Very rarely have i seen him actually make a bad decision with the puck, yes he occasionally does get beaten wide while defending an offensive rush as his skating needs work in terms of speed and explosiveness but when he needs to make a play he makes the right one almost every time, great hands too. He can get overagressive sometimes and lose his coverage, the Zidlicky comparison actually fits quite well (except he is 6'3")

Back to Svozil, had he been given decent ice time and strong offensive role in Kometa, he would absolutely shine out there. Top 10 pick easily imo. Brno is not a championship team anymore, yet there were 10! defenseman who had more time/gp than Svozil (including Bartejs, Holland or Nemec.) Just ridiculous. Zabransky should have lent Svozil to an Extraliga team where he would actually get to play some hockey. I believe when it's all said and done he'll be a great NHL defenseman. I think of Tomas Kaberle when see Svozil. Calm, steady, composed defenseman who doesn't stand out on the first look but actually drives the play.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
1. What's your hard-on for hating seemingly every European league despite having next to no knowledge or understanding about those which is something you exibited multiple times?
2. Have you considered that his CF% (which is now apparently THE metric of "goodness") is so good because his minutes were so low and extremely sheltered?
I'm a Kometa fan and I have no idea what they were doing this year with Svozil. Guy should have played.

Yes, there is no way that country's most successful team in the last 6-7 years can bounce back after a bad season. They are going to be bad forever from now on.
There were signs already last season - doesn't help that some of our best guys declined because of age, left or retired. Erat and Němec were two of the key guys in the championship teams and they're both gone - both were excellent on ice but also leaders. Nečas was another guy whose loss hurt us. It's a different team now; they'll most likely bounce back eventually, but right now there are multiple teams ahead of them.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Czech defender Stanislav Svozil has gotten more and more attention as time has passed these last couple of seasons. His game has seen marked improvements and he has risen up draft rankings as a result. Svozil spent the majority of the season with HC Kometo Brno in the Czech Extraliga. In limited ice time, he put up one goal and two assists for three points in thirty games. He added a goal and an assist for two points in a three-game stint on loan in the Czech second division. Spozil also played for the Czech Team at the World Juniors and the Under-18 World Championships.

This followed up on his 2019-20 rookie campaign which saw him win the Czech Extraliga’s Rookie of the Year award. In 41 games with Brno, he put up two goals and three assists for five points. He had six points in 10 games in the U-20 league. Spozil played for the Czech team at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He was an alternate captain and put up four assists in six games. Spozil helped lead the Czechs to the Bronze Medal.

2020 NHL Draft #21: Stanislav Svozil Scouting Report

Reactions: Rexor

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
One of the smarter gm's going to expose himself selecting Svozil this draft.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Really liked him at the WJCs. Always had his head up and controlled the puck really well. Very smooth skater as well.

Haven't seen many mocks that have him in the 1st round which is a little surprising to me. Good size, very mobile, moves the puck well both skating and passing, active stick. Seems like the prototypical modern defenseman. Don't see why he's not in the 2nd tier of defenseman in this draft.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Really liked him at the WJCs. Always had his head up and controlled the puck really well. Very smooth skater as well.

Haven't seen many mocks that have him in the 1st round which is a little surprising to me. Good size, very mobile, moves the puck well both skating and passing, active stick. Seems like the prototypical modern defenseman. Don't see why he's not in the 2nd tier of defenseman in this draft.
they worry about his offensive ceiling. I hope he is czech Heiskanen lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: MBH

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Welp. Kekeläinen continues to win in this draft. Good scouting departments are still good and water is wet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad