Last 100 GAMES = Matthews and Eichel (This is Strange)

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
After returning tonight Matthews still looks great. (I made this thread after it was 3-2 where Matthews had 2 points)

But Not even I would have called this. (And I'll be fair to both men)

Your opinions may change after seeing this. This may surprise you.

But for all the talk about AM being lightyears ahead of Eichel I was shocked to see this stat.

Last 100 Games: (Regular Season)

Jack Eichel- 95 points in last 100 GP.

Austin Matthews-87 points in last 100 GP.

Matthews in his career has played in 109 GP (REG SEASON) and has 97 points, as he had 10 in his first 8. He has a 881. C.PPG

better then EIchel's 808. C.PPG as Eichel has 146 points in 177 C. GPP.

Matthews has 12 more points then Eichel last year playing in 21 more Games, and this year is essentially PPG through 27 this season, (28 in 27)

Well Eichel has 32 pts in his last 36, and actually has 37 pts in his last 40 games going back to last year.

Interesting to me, due to the consensus on HNIC, TSN, Sportsnet, even here that if EIchel makes 10, Matthews surely should make 11-13.

You can make claims about who is the better player but what have you done for me lately is a big deal and you can certainly make the argument Eichel has been better in the last 100 GP, as he has more points.

Especially impressive considering he scored 57 of those at a near PPG pace last year coming off a spranked ankle on the worst offensive team in the league. (When his season started) And this year the Sabres are dead last in goals per game, have scored 82 goals, he has 32 points and has helped E> Kane become a PPG player for the first time. Matthews has battled concussion problems too though.

Interesting none the less for the concensus view that he is not in his league.

Eichel does average a bit more ice time But the Leafs are a much better team. Even though Matthews plays a lot of his time with Hyman and Brown.

After hearing this does your opinion change on where you rank the two?

What this suggests to me is they are very similar right now and Eichel just had a slow start.

I mean people have ripped on Eichel all year long and when you consider he has out-produced the NHL's (In Canada) Media's poster boy, well...that should make you think.

What's also crazy is both men have exactly 95 points in there last 102 GP going into tonight but now AM has 97-95 lead in the last 102.

I just never though it was this close, as of late anyway.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
eichel has been on fire. problem is hes been injured so he doesnt get in a good groove and people forget about him because its not sustained. but yeah im not surprised the kid has dynamite offense

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Matthews = drives and contributes to his team winning games.

Nuff said.

Except they won 4 or 5 in a row without him too.

Matthews may help his team win or drive as you say, but Eichel drives his entire teams offense. As evident last year in October and November of 2016 when Eichel didn't play Buffalo was dead last in offense, within 2 months they went up 8 slots, and then at the end of the year finished with the best power-play in the league.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
they are close. in fact eichel has better point production

Sure in the same way McDavid and Matthews are close because goals matter, Matthews played with 2 rookies in his rookie year taking away from his point totals and he still deals with BY FAR the worst 1st line left winger in the NHL in Hyman.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
CantLoseWithMatthews, why would I care about first 100 games?

Last 100 is more relevant to who these players are today.

You're comparing Matthews rookie season to Eichels sophomore season....

Apparently so is the NHL.

It's pretty sad that people have to compare different years, awards are given out to guys who out-score guys in the same year.

Besides it's just last 100 games, neithjer of these guys are rookies, Eichel missed two months so technically he's only really played half a season more then Matthews has, and he's less then a year older. AND Matthews played with MEN before the NHL. All those intangibles make it an accurate comparison.

Reactions: Beville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad