Confirmed Trade: [LAK/WPG] Pierre-Luc Dubois (signs 8 years, $8.5M AAV) for Gabe Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari, 2024 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Here:
Now maybe you can be so kind to do the same and provide links to support your narrative that the Habs didn't have the horses to trade for him, that Hugues wanted him BAD but failed, which triggered this discussion and that you presented as a FACT ? Other than just the absense of links from LeBrun, which isn't proving much. (I can play that game too)

Oh, you probably won't as you are already bailing after being called out...

That was a cool story though !

Nobody said we weren't interested. We were not interested in overpaying, both for the $ and the assets. We were never going to give Dach+ to acquire him. We were interested in the leverage we had to acquire him as a buy-low option. At that point, we had reasons to believe he was interested in playing with the Habs, and would sign sort of a team friendly deal, equal to Suzuki's deal. History showed he wasn't all that interested and was using the Habs to get a better deal.
Must feel good to make shit up.

Let me know when his points per game reaches the 8.5M$AAV level he now commands.
So PLD is the Jets GM? It's just saying what I said, the Habs didn't have the horses to get it done. There was no point in making an offer. If the Habs fan fiction that Dach was too much pay it was a joke offer. He's not near Vilardi in value. I wouldn't trade Iafallo for Dach and his " break out 30 point season". The Habs have Suzuki and Caufield then Dach who is a 3C/top 6 wing. The rest of the roster players they have have no value.

Who was the Habs insider LeBrun's source if it wasn't Hughes. It wasn't from the Jets, PLD's agent or any other team in the running. It's obviously Hughes. Once Hughes fell flat. LeBrun was out, he had nothing.

Again keep stalking the player you apparently have no interest in but can't stop obsessing over.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Oh... Dubois got traded already. Sorry!

I'm sure Kings fans would also enjoy sharing in a good laugh with your proposals.

You mean traded again...... and again....... I don't have a dog in this argument, but if I was a Kings fan I'd start preparing for the eventual pouting.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
So PLD is the Jets GM? It's just saying what I said, the Habs didn't have the horses to get it done. There was no point in making an offer. If the Habs fan fiction that Dach was too much pay it was a joke offer. He's not near Vilardi in value. I wouldn't trade Iafallo for Dach and his " break out 30 point season". The Habs have Suzuki and Caufield then Dach who is a 3C/top 6 wing. The rest of the roster players they have have no value.

Who was the Habs insider LeBrun's source if it wasn't Hughes. It wasn't from the Jets, PLD's agent or any other team in the running. It's obviously Hughes. Once Hughes fell flat. LeBrun was out, he had nothing.

Again keep stalking the player you apparently have no interest in but can't stop obsessing over.
Your takes are a joke. PLD was presumably only open to going to Montreal. Habs only were willing to offer futures. For whatever reason (presumably because he didn't want to wait another year to sign a long term contract) PLD opened up the window to 5 teams. At that point Habs were out because at least one team would offer current players. Iafallo isn't a top 6 player. Vilardi is a glass body. Kupari is a dud. Jets got very little for PLD. Of course he may not be worth much.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Here:
Now maybe you can be so kind to do the same and provide links to support your narrative that the Habs didn't have the horses to trade for him, that Hugues wanted him BAD but failed, which triggered this discussion and that you presented as a FACT ? Other than just the absense of links from LeBrun, which isn't proving much. (I can play that game too)

Oh, you probably won't as you are already bailing after being called out...

That was a cool story though !

Nobody said we weren't interested. We were not interested in overpaying, both for the $ and the assets. We were never going to give Dach+ to acquire him. We were interested in the leverage we had to acquire him as a buy-low option. At that point, we had reasons to believe he was interested in playing with the Habs, and would sign sort of a team friendly deal, equal to Suzuki's deal. History showed he wasn't all that interested and was using the Habs to get a better deal.
Must feel good to make shit up.

Let me know when his points per game reaches the 8.5M$AAV level he now commands.

Hockey knowledge and objectivity is sometimes ultra low on HFBoards, especially the main boards. It's almost non-existent, unfortunately.

Anyone saying Canadiens didn't have the assets to acquire PLD has zero credibility. They simply didn't think he was worth the price. Plain and simple. I had no issue or ill-will towards PLD before. But now I think I'll be cheering for him to fall flat on his face...and I'm beginning to think that he'll oblige.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Habs fans think every QC player wants to play for their team.
Actually far from the truth. Learned our lessen years ago - Briere, Lecavalier and now PLD all have pretended MTL was an option to try and drive leverage. PLD did it brilliantly, look how confused that Quint guy is.

But smart Habs fans know that local, high profile players have no interest in playing in the fishbowl that is MTL. The days of local guys wanting to player here passed like 20 years ago. And tbh, Montreal isn't a popular destination period for most players period, with teams in the South.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Montreal had nothing interesting to offer.

Logically he went to LA. They did have the pieces.
Guhle, Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Slaf, Barron, Xhekaj, the 5th, stacks of picks including multiple 1sts. We could have easily made a deal, but lets be real, the Kings gave up a lot, MTL clearly wasn't willing to. And the timing for MTL made no sense. What is so hard for people to understand - the guy didn't want to be here, and MTL made NO sense. The ONLY reason MTL is even brought up is because PLD is from there and he played all of you.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Your takes are a joke. PLD was presumably only open to going to Montreal. Habs only were willing to offer futures. For whatever reason (presumably because he didn't want to wait another year to sign a long term contract) PLD opened up the window to 5 teams. At that point Habs were out because at least one team would offer current players. Iafallo isn't a top 6 player. Vilardi is a glass body. Kupari is a dud. Jets got very little for PLD. Of course he may not be worth much.
You want to talk about durability and pump Dach? I love it.

Iafallo would be the Habs 3rd best player.

Keep obsessing over Dubois. How many times am I going to see you talk about Dubois in your history? I'll put the over/under around 350 posts. Hughes failed. You will get over it.

Reactions: Voight

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Why are Habs fans still obsessed over a trade that never happened two years ago involving a guy who decided he didn't want to play in Montreal. Really confusing why they still seem so bothered about it.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
LA obviously had the pieces.

LA was able to sign PLD too.

Any other team, francophone or not, would have to satisfy both the above and none did.
Exactly. I'd add any other team would have to satisfy both AND want to acquire the player. I think the market was incredibly small due to cap restraints and player choice. Surprised Blake had to give up so much considering what we know post trade, that is was kind of LA or bust.

Reactions: Rorschach

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Why are Habs fans still obsessed over a trade that never happened two years ago involving a guy who decided he didn't want to play in Montreal. Really confusing why they still seem so bothered about it.

Cause they think every good player (especially French ones) want to play for their team. They thought they would get PLD for a bag of magic beans because "hes coming home anyways....."

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
another solid game from PL last night

1698854004810.png

I hope that Iafallo and Kupari are doing well in The Peg and that Gabe is healthy soon and is productive when he returns

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
It's relevant discussion due to the many MTL connections to the trade. This IS in fact a discussion board. Question should be, why are others obsessed with bashing posters for posting relevant posts?

And within that scope, why are others obsessed with the mostly, and provably false idea, that Habs fans wanted PLD? Most didn't and are here responding to posts that insist we were praying to land PLD at a huge cost.

Either way. Typical garbage ignored, and/or allowed to continue on the main boards at HF.
Thats not true. Someone already posted a poll showing almost 85% wanted PLD. Sure many wanted him as cheap as possible, who wouldn't, but the poll said only 15% or so didn't want him.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Hockey knowledge and objectivity is sometimes ultra low on HFBoards, especially the main boards. It's almost non-existent, unfortunately.

Anyone saying Canadiens didn't have the assets to acquire PLD has zero credibility. They simply didn't think he was worth the price. Plain and simple. I had no issue or ill-will towards PLD before. But now I think I'll be cheering for him to fall flat on his face...and I'm beginning to think that he'll oblige.
I think the idea that low ball offers were only given by Hughes is not realistic with how far negotiations reportedly went. I haven't seen a realistic counter offer to what the Kings gave up to compete. I mean sure some guy said they could have included Suzuki or Caufield if they wanted to but again, that's not realistic. A package of futures would really go against everything Jets management has said they intend to do aka not going into full rebuild. So I really don't see how the Habs were going to be competitive with the Kings offer.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
No doubt...how anyone can say that with a straight face is an absolute joke.
I don't think Habs fans going in a hyperbolic circle jerk about one their players in a Kings Jets trade thread is helpful. Sure. Anything can happen. Its about likelihood. But taking the black or white strawman approach is purposely derailing. You are clearly commenting on the poster and not the post.

Last edited:

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
I don't think Habs fans going in a hyperbolic circle jerk about one their players in a Kings Jets trade thread is helpful. Sure. Anything can happen. Its about likelihood. But taking the black or white strawman approach is purposely derailing. You are clearly commenting on the poster and not the post.
Says the guy who insulted a whole fan base just a few posts ago by calling them weird.
I think the idea that low ball offers were only given by Hughes is not realistic with how far negotiations reportedly went. I haven't seen a realistic counter offer to what the Kings gave up to compete. I mean sure some guy said they could have included Suzuki or Caufield if they wanted to but again, that's not realistic. A package of futures would really go against everything Jets management has said they intend to do aka not going into full rebuild. So I really don't see how the Habs were going to be competitive with the Kings offer.
That's exactly it. Habs had the horses, but not the ones the Jets were looking for in their context.
Everyone is happy.
No one is obsessing.
But of course we will come and call you out when you come here with hot takes.

And yes, majority wanted PLD, but not at those prices (Assets & Salary)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd say he doesn't look that impressive this season. Definitely not $8.5M impressive.

And he's one of those reasons some people consider Tortorella an outdated dinosaur?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I really believe they feel entitled to French players and think that all French players want to be in Montreal.

Reactions: Macheteops

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Simply the Habs didn’t want to pay the price and beside the hyperbole about Dubious guaranteed going to the Habs and some fans playing into that BS the Jets and La did well on this trade.

Habs wanted to keep their first round picks to draft Cooley and Michkov

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Simply the Habs didn’t want to pay the price and beside the hyperbole about Dubious guaranteed going to the Habs and some fans playing into that BS the Jets and La did well on this trade.

Habs wanted to keep their first round picks to draft Cooley and Michkov
I would keep those guys too.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I am sure they never tried to compete with the King's offer. They made their offer and Jets would have been forced to take it if Dubois refused to go anywhere but Montreal. Once Dubois opened it up to LA it was over and LA was bidding against themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7 and TS Quint

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thats not true. Someone already posted a poll showing almost 85% wanted PLD. Sure many wanted him as cheap as possible, who wouldn't, but the poll said only 15% or so didn't want him.
That poll you are talking? Where?
Any poll I saw, said No to Dubois..............most habs fans, did not want to give up anything to get him.....some thought he wanted to come, which was more BS...........Big market team like the habs just get used to drive up the $$$ of contracts.
Habs dodged a bullet, and glad they did....he is a 55-60 pt guy.......for what, 8.5M not great value....glad he went to LA, and so is he............win win for me.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad