Confirmed Trade: [LAK/WPG] Pierre-Luc Dubois (signs 8 years, $8.5M AAV) for Gabe Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari, 2024 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I really believe they feel entitled to French players and think that all French players want to be in Montreal.

This is absurd. French players avoid Montreal like the plague. And most Anglo quebecers don’t want them on the team because they see them as distractions and overvalued.

That said Habs fans are freaking annoying and can understand the reactions.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That poll you are talking? Where?
Any poll I saw, said No to Dubois..............most habs fans, did not want to give up anything to get him.....some thought he wanted to come, which was more BS...........Big market team like the habs just get used to drive up the $$$ of contracts.
Habs dodged a bullet, and glad they did....he is a 55-60 pt guy.......for what, 8.5M not great value....glad he went to LA, and so is he............win win for me.

You asked…… nearly 10k posts on the Habs forum

Reactions: TS Quint

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

You asked…… nearly 10k posts on the Habs forum
Posts and Polls...............big difference.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Sorry, did not see a poll that says 85% say they want him?
Any polls and fans who live outside of Quebec say something entirely different....
LOL................just looked it says 600 posters!! LOL
Habs have what, 6-7 Million fans?
Click the link. Only 16.4% didn't want him. The rest did. Understandably many wanted to pay as little as possible because as you said they believed it was Montreal or nothing for him. But they wanted him.

That's also 600 posters Vs just you.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings are winning which luckily overshadows his play but Kings fans are seeing exactly what jets fans saw. Low effort and interest. Shows up for one game disappears for four. On pace for 50pts.

Definitely the most frustrating player in a Kings sweater this year, tied with Dustin Penner for most frustrating ever

He's a matchup nightmare and you can't just IGNORE him Fiala and Laferriere because they will absolutely torch you--that's an amazing third line--but they're by far our 'worst' line (yet Fiala is our leading scorer somehow :laugh:) unless someone pokes the bear

But there's no way this guy is a future 1C, he's just too inconsistent to be that guy. I can see the post Kopitar years being Byfield-PLD-Danault though, or Turcotte in, so it's not the worst plan, but PLD is his own obstacle to greatness.

Reactions: kylbaz

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
So PLD is the Jets GM? It's just saying what I said, the Habs didn't have the horses to get it done. There was no point in making an offer. If the Habs fan fiction that Dach was too much pay it was a joke offer. He's not near Vilardi in value. I wouldn't trade Iafallo for Dach and his " break out 30 point season". The Habs have Suzuki and Caufield then Dach who is a 3C/top 6 wing. The rest of the roster players they have have no value.

Who was the Habs insider LeBrun's source if it wasn't Hughes. It wasn't from the Jets, PLD's agent or any other team in the running. It's obviously Hughes. Once Hughes fell flat. LeBrun was out, he had nothing.

Again keep stalking the player you apparently have no interest in but can't stop obsessing over.
What an awful take lol wow.

Dach was looking like he could maybe surpass Suzuki this year. Nice try tho Mr.StatWatcher

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
What an awful take lol wow.

Dach was looking like he could maybe surpass Suzuki this year. Nice try tho Mr.StatWatcher
Dach is better than Suzuki now?

Let's do a poll, to all the Dubois obsessed Habs fans dropping by this thread, give me the laughing emoji of you disagree when I call this an absolute joke of a take.

Yes, to those who want to disagree with me just to be disagreeable, I will be linking this post in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: overlords

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Sorry, did not see a poll that says 85% say they want him?
Any polls and fans who live outside of Quebec say something entirely different....
LOL................just looked it says 600 posters!! LOL
Habs have what, 6-7 Million fans?
Well most polls, with politics for example, are done via a relatively small sample group. :naughty:

Reactions: BLONG7

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
another solid game from PL last night

1698854004810.png

I hope that Iafallo and Kupari are doing well in The Peg and that Gabe is healthy soon and is productive when he returns
I hope PLD does well in LA as well.

IMO it seems like all the players so far are following their MO's. For PLD it's sounding like he's doing well, but is still a guy who will look really good for a stretch and then seem to lack intensity and focus for a bit?

For the Jets Vilardi, Iafallo, and Kupari have been as advertised. Vilardi was looking really good in the pre-season and on the top line. It's a shame a fluke injury unrelated to his previous ones has kept him out of the lineup. Iafallo has been a really good fit. Has played on a few lines as needed and plays an all around game. Kupari has a lot of speed and has shown some nice flashes of talent. Seems like a player many say thing like (and Kings fans said), "when it all comes together for him...." But the points are not coming for him (to be fair he's on the 4th line, but many have suggested he be one to move up).

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Definitely the most frustrating player in a Kings sweater this year, tied with Dustin Penner for most frustrating ever

He's a matchup nightmare and you can't just IGNORE him Fiala and Laferriere because they will absolutely torch you--that's an amazing third line--but they're by far our 'worst' line (yet Fiala is our leading scorer somehow :laugh:) unless someone pokes the bear

But there's no way this guy is a future 1C, he's just too inconsistent to be that guy. I can see the post Kopitar years being Byfield-PLD-Danault though, or Turcotte in, so it's not the worst plan, but PLD is his own obstacle to greatness.
Frustrating because you can see he has the ability to take a game over if he wants to.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Frustrating because you can see he has the ability to take a game over if he wants to.

There have been several times he's gone to the net where I have NEVER seen a player like him, maybe Lindros/Lemieux, where they just pick a path and no one can do a damn thing about it

which is what makes the soft turnovers and tentative play absolutely maddening

Can easily see why people think it'll eventually come together consistently but i just don't see that killer mentality, he's too easy going, shares that concern with Byfield really--the aggression just is not there with any regularity.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Kupari has a lot of speed and has shown some nice flashes of talent. Seems like a player many say thing like (and Kings fans said), "when it all comes together for him...." But the points are not coming for him (to be fair he's on the 4th line, but many have suggested he be one to move up).
I had no idea Kupari even had talent!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

IMO it seems like all the players so far are following their MO's. For PLD it's sounding like he's doing well, but is still a guy who will look really good for a stretch and then seem to lack intensity and focus for a bit?

For the Jets Vilardi, Iafallo, and Kupari have been as advertised. Vilardi was looking really good in the pre-season and on the top line. It's a shame a fluke injury unrelated to his previous ones has kept him out of the lineup. Iafallo has been a really good fit. Has played on a few lines as needed and plays an all around game. Kupari has a lot of speed and has shown some nice flashes of talent. Seems like a player many say thing like (and Kings fans said), "when it all comes together for him...." But the points are not coming for him (to be fair he's on the 4th line, but many have suggested he be one to move up).
Bolded part- yes! and I'll even add absolutely.

Second paragraph, also, yes!
I would only add that AI's greatest attribute is as a glue guy. If they don't already, his teammates will love him and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had a A on his jersey next season.
AI is also pretty streaky with his goal scoring.

Back to PLD, I have noticed the bolded part and i am hoping that Kopitar and Danault can "fix" that part of him.

I know this thread has become a cesspool, but I really enjoy a large part of your fanbase(especially Guffman on username alone!) and I was one of those people who was very excited that you got the Jets back. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

Kupari is a strange one. Great hands, speed and good shot, yet no offense

Lacking hockey sense by a good wide margin.

Iafallo is an underrated player.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
Haven't been to the main board in quite a while, so I didn't realize that people were still obsessing over PLD. In his current form, Habs fans aren't missing out on anything. I feel like PLD has had two games so far where he was a force. Most of the time he seems pretty invisible. As a whole, I haven't been impressed. He has the skills to do it, but he doesn't seem to have the drive.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Dach is better than Suzuki now?

Let's do a poll, to all the Dubois obsessed Habs fans dropping by this thread, give me the laughing emoji of you disagree when I call this an absolute joke of a take.

Yes, to those who want to disagree with me just to be disagreeable, I will be linking this post in the future.
I never said he was 100% better but hey you gotta make your funny jokes I get it.

He was looking like he COULD surpass Suzuki as soon as this season. And it's not like Suzuki is a franchise center racking up 100 points either lol. He's 2 years older than Dach and has a season high of 66 points. I love the guy but c'mon man.....the bar isn't THAT high no disrespect to Suzuki.

Dach has all the tools to be a better center than Suzuki. Was already showing signs of it last season and he looked even better to start this season. Fans were very excited before he got injured.

It's a lot closer than you think between those two. Again it's tough to have a debate with someone that only stat watches but do you. Dach is a great player. Labeling him as a 3C is just ignorance at best.

Hope your karma farming goes well tho. I don't expect to see any of it personally unless some other poster brings it up as a roast.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I never said he was 100% better but hey you gotta make your funny jokes I get it.

He was looking like he COULD surpass Suzuki as soon as this season. And it's not like Suzuki is a franchise center racking up 100 points either lol. He's 2 years older than Dach and has a season high of 66 points. I love the guy but c'mon man.....the bar isn't THAT high no disrespect to Suzuki.

Dach has all the tools to be a better center than Suzuki. Was already showing signs of it last season and he looked even better to start this season. Fans were very excited before he got injured.

It's a lot closer than you think between those two. Again it's tough to have a debate with someone that only stat watches but do you. Dach is a great player. Labeling him as a 3C is just ignorance at best.

Hope your karma farming goes well tho. I don't expect to see any of it personally unless some other poster brings it up as a roast.
Sorry I only read what you wrote. I didn't see you label a % on Dach being better. What was that % you had him labeled at being better than Suzuki this year?

I also said Dach could be top 6 Winger. But I'm just playing the odds here myself in case this devolves into "he's still young ANYTHTHING can happen". He's not going to be the best player on his line in a top 6 role.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Sorry I only read what you wrote. I didn't see you label a % on Dach being better. What was that % you had him labeled at being better than Suzuki this year?

I also said Dach could be top 6 Winger. But I'm just playing the odds here myself in case this devolves into "he's still young ANYTHTHING can happen". He's not going to be the best player on his line in a top 6 role.
No you didn't read what I wrote otherwise you wouldn't have misquoted me originally. Or you're just very selective with what you read. Either way I hope you got your laughing emojis at least.

And Dach is already the best player on his line in a top 6 role at C. They also tried him with Caufield and Suzuki on the 1st line at wing and that entire line looked great too. Good try tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad