Proposal: LaK/TBL

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yeah, I'll take Bob McKenzie's word over yours.

If Drouin becomes an Isle I become an Isles fan so be prepared to see me more if you guys get him.

EDIT: TB will still be my first team and Toronto likely still my second but NYI would leapfrog NJ as my third team

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Actually 3rd on the team behind Kuch and Hedman but I get your point. To be honest I would ask for Barzal+Pulock+Beau which the Isles would rightfully decline and the discussion would end there.

Seeing as you think Johnson for Leddy is fair value it's pretty clear you're steeply overvaluing Tampa assets and undervaluing Isles assets.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Seeing as you think Johnson for Leddy is fair value it's pretty clear you're steeply overvaluing Tampa assets and undervaluing Isles assets.

I doubt it. I think defensemen are uber-overrated here after Hall-Larsson. Larsson wasn't worth ridiculously less than Hall and the Oilers had no leverage. The Bolts have leverage here. Our "cap crunch" was before we traded Filppula.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I doubt it. I think defensemen are uber-overrated here after Hall-Larsson. Larsson wasn't worth ridiculously less than Hall and the Oilers had no leverage. The Bolts have leverage here. Our "cap crunch" was before we traded Filppula.

Historically (prior to Hall - Larsson) defenseman were always highly valued. Are you saying TB has leverage over the Isles? I'm sorry but I don't think Tyler Johnson (who admittedly I like a lot) is the Isles first or only option.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

You're entitled to your opinions, but do you really need to post them on the Isles board?

"Leddy is a 1/2D while Johnson is a 1C", "Drouin is not for sale and Snow would need to offer Barzal+Pulock+Beau as a starting point", "you are clearly not a GM if you disagree with me that Justin Williams types who score more in the postseason don't have sky high value".

It’s not unusual to see a fan hype their teams players on hfboards, but it’s clear you’re operating with a strong pro-Lightning bias and a lot of times are just flat out ignorant as to how Isles fans value our own guys (like Leddy). Why stick around? The Lightning board are going to be much more receptive to your trade ideas than what you'll get here.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
You're entitled to your opinions, but do you really need to post them on the Isles board?

"Leddy is a 1/2D while Johnson is a 1C", "Drouin is not for sale and Snow would need to offer Barzal+Pulock+Beau as a starting point", "you are clearly not a GM if you disagree with me that Justin Williams types who score more in the postseason don't have sky high value".
This I do not see the issue with. Leddy IMO is in the Trouba, Severson, Hamilton, Gardiner, Ellis, Niskanen, EJ, Spurgeon etc tier of 1/2Ds.

I said Yzerman would ASK for that package as a starting point, Snow would decline, and the discussion would end.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Lotsa thoughts here on these guys .
What about Muzzin for Johnson straight up .
We bring back Strait 1 year $650,000
Re sign Gionta 1 year $ 650,000

Shuffle up and drop the puck . 17/18 here we come.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Lotsa thoughts here on these guys .
What about Muzzin for Johnson straight up .
We bring back Strait 1 year $650,000
Re sign Gionta 1 year $ 650,000

Shuffle up and drop the puck . 17/18 here we come.

can we just ice 6 brian strait's and have hickey play wing again.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
it's a good one but nothing compares to the guy who thinks we're signing oshie for dollars and dumping lee and de haan.

You Mean The Guy That Posts Like This? "How Does Garth Snow , The General Manager Of My N Y Islanders Acquire Crosby , Malkin , And Kessel For Beauvillier And Strome? There Must Be A Way To Fit This Under The Salary Cap. How Can The General Manager Of My N Y Islanders Convince Bettman To Get Rid Of The Salary Cap?"

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
You Mean The Guy That Posts Like This? "How Does Garth Snow , The General Manager Of My N Y Islanders Acquire Crosby , Malkin , And Kessel For Beauvillier And Strome? There Must Be A Way To Fit This Under The Salary Cap. How Can The General Manager Of My N Y Islanders Convince Bettman To Get Rid Of The Salary Cap?"

yep. an absolute legend.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think we need a new acronym for "Expansion Draft". The "ED" that was used earlier in this thread is already taken:

"For an expansion lasting more than four hours, consult a physician."

If we do call it "ED", you gotta figure LV will take Cizikas. "Cizikas" sounds like something that would be taken for ED.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I think we need a new acronym for "Expansion Draft". The "ED" that was used earlier in this thread is already taken:

"For an expansion lasting more than four hours, consult a physician."

If we do call it "ED", you gotta figure LV will take Cizikas. "Cizikas" sounds like something that would be taken for ED.

:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad