Speculation: LAK 23/24 Bold Predictions

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Blake continues to lose players to waivers, none of our prospects improve, and the entire season we tread water off the backs of our old players.

THAT IS UNTIL TRADE DEADLINE, WHERE BLAKE AND MCCLELLAN MAKE ONE TRADE FOR A PLAYER (idk who but it's someone unexpected and out of left field) AND EVERYTHING CLICKS TOGETHER PERFECTLY.

BLAKE HOLDS A PRESS CONFERENCE WHERE HE SHOWS A TIME-STAMPED WHITEBOARD OF THIS EXACT LINE-UP FROM 5 YEARS AGO, THANKS KINGS FANS FOR TRUSTING THE PLAN, AND TELLS EVERY OTHER GM "CHECKMATE"

-BYFIELD BECOMES A 200 PT WINGER
-FIALA ASCENDS TO SUPER SAIYAN
-DOUGHTY BECOMES A PHD PHYSICIST WHILE LEADING THE LEAGUE IN D-MEN POINTS
-PLD SCORES 61 POINTS
-LEWIS SCORES 27 POINTS, A PERSONAL BEST

EVERYTHING WORKS NOW AS THE KINGS GO 16-0 ON THEIR WAY TO ANOTHER CUP, SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE MOST DOMINANT TEAM IN HUMAN HISTORY

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Blake continues to lose players to waivers, none of our prospects improve, and the entire season we tread water off the backs of our old players.

THAT IS UNTIL TRADE DEADLINE, WHERE BLAKE AND MCCLELLAN MAKE ONE TRADE FOR A PLAYER (idk who but it's someone unexpected and out of left field) AND EVERYTHING CLICKS TOGETHER PERFECTLY.

BLAKE HOLDS A PRESS CONFERENCE WHERE HE SHOWS A TIME-STAMPED WHITEBOARD OF THIS EXACT LINE-UP FROM 5 YEARS AGO, THANKS KINGS FANS FOR TRUSTING THE PLAN, AND TELLS EVERY OTHER GM "CHECKMATE"

-PLD SCORES 61 POINTS

EVERYTHING WORKS NOW AS THE KINGS GO 16-0 ON THEIR WAY TO ANOTHER CUP, SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE MOST DOMINANT TEAM IN HUMAN HISTORY

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal

Just found our starting goalie

maxresdefault.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

-PLD SCORES 61 POINTS

I'd ask if you're okay

but you can see the exact moment where the sniper's bullet exits your head and luc starts typing

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
None of you followed instructions and put your predictions in bold type face. Not one.

Here's how it's done

10 point improvement in the standings
Byfield 20+ goals.
Danault will yell at someone in French

Reactions: lumbergh

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Vilardi outproduces PLD on his own.

PLD very quickly becomes one of the most hated players on the team.
This exact prediction/possibility keeps me up at night lol.

Vilardi is so good dude, and the fact that they have him playing with Scheifele and Connor is a nightmare scenario.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
PLD doesn’t even have to play poorly for this to become a nightmare trade. Vilardi could be a PPG forward playing on their top line.

Oh pending health Vilardi is a 70 point guy easy.

Don't even need to add Iafallo and Kupari to know the 'value' in the trade is lopsided and self-inflicted pain.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Oh pending health Vilardi is a 70 point guy easy.

Don't even need to add Iafallo and Kupari to know the 'value' in the trade is lopsided and self-inflicted pain.
OK, I love Gabe, but an easy 70 points? I don't think it will be easy. Even if he played all 82 last year he would have had what, low 50's? Gabe is not a play driver for the most part, he doesn't control the play.

I'm curious to see what happens with Ehler's production, he was very reliant on PLD.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I think Vilardi has a good year overall and tops out at around the 55-60 point range this season. He'll miss some time.

I'm curious to see what happens with Ehler's production, he was very reliant on PLD.
Ehlers needs to stay out of the trainers room first and foremost. I believe he's already dealing with a neck issue? Cannot stay healthy.

We will see how he meshes with Perfetti.

Reactions: Fishhead

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
OK, I love Gabe, but an easy 70 points? I don't think it will be easy. Even if he played all 82 last year he would have had what, low 50's? Gabe is not a play driver for the most part, he doesn't control the play.

And who was he playing with? Minutes, situations?

In WPG he's getting 1st line minutes and PP time with a 40 goal PPG winger in his prime and some combo of a speedy near-PPG winger or a kid ready to erupt.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Gabe is also excellent at creating offense and has a SUPER high hockey IQ.... He'll be able to play with those guys and will likely excel in the bigger role.

I agree that it really just comes down to health. Guess we'll see what happens. I'm not going to wish ill on Gabe just because he's gone so I really think our best bet is hoping PLD can turn it up a notch and thrive with Fiala.

If he does, both he and Fiala could/should be 80 point players. The trade may still sting, but it'll be easier to deal with.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
And who was he playing with? Minutes, situations?

In WPG he's getting 1st line minutes and PP time with a 40 goal PPG winger in his prime and some combo of a speedy near-PPG winger or a kid ready to erupt.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch.
Thats why I said it wont be easy, it is a bit of a stretch. The only way I see him doing that is if he’s on the wing with Connor and Scheifele. I don’t see him doing that at center, Winnipeg drops their centers back even more than the Kings do.

Gabe is obviously the better value right now. I think the driver behind getting PLD is to match up with the centers of EDM and VGK. Gabe, Iafallo, and Kupari are no help in that area.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Gabe is not a play driver for the most part, he doesn't control the play.
He was one of the top scorers in the league last October playing with Byfield and Iafallo. Only 2 of his 13 points were on the pp. That is an example of a good even strength play driver.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Thats why I said it wont be easy, it is a bit of a stretch. The only way I see him doing that is if he’s on the wing with Connor and Scheifele. I don’t see him doing that at center, Winnipeg drops their centers back even more than the Kings do.

Gabe is obviously the better value right now. I think the driver behind getting PLD is to match up with the centers of EDM and VGK. Gabe, Iafallo, and Kupari are no help in that area.
Forward positions don't matter in the Kings system. All forwards have the same responsibilities except taking faceoffs based on comments from coaches and players.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The gamble with this trade was always Vilardi’s health.

If last year was his new normal, and he stays healthy for 60+ games, the trade is a massive loss in raw production (though we can debate the value of wingers for center).

If Gabe continues to struggle with injuries, either major or minor, it’s likely a net win for us in the long run.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Forward positions don't matter in the Kings system. All forwards have the same responsibilities except taking faceoffs based on comments from coaches and players.

Wingers rarely drop that deep in our system, they are generally above the dot or on the wall. Our centers routinely go behind the net and drop below the dots.

It's not a big thing, but Gabe struggled with all that skating. He has never been quick enough to be a defensive support player, but handling opposing defensemen along the high wall he can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad