Speculation: LAK 23/24 Bold Predictions

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
I understand there's already an offseason thread but I thought it could be fun to open a new thread that will focus on predictions for the upcoming season given how the team currently looks.

The hope would be to keep this more fun/light-hearted and allow people to throw out some potentially pretty wild/interesting takes WITHOUT the response being "HA! That will never happen". Because, yeah... That's kind of the point - These takes are supposed to be a little bold, out there, and probably not super likely to happen.

With that said, I'll start us off...
Kevin Fiala will have an amazing year and end up with just over 100 points (obviously leading the Kings in scoring)

EDIT: Can also just post about which player(s) we're most excited to watch next year.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Bad: the wrong players get injured and the Kings miss the playoffs.
Good: DD gets a long term injury before the deadline and goes LTIR .
The Kings acquire 3 or 4 ringers before the deadline , a DD stand in, #1 goalie, grit and whatever else appears lacking.
And win the cup as is the pattern now more often than not.
LTIR to the right high salary =cup

• Haha
Reactions: YP44

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
PLD will have a career year.

Neither Copely nor Talbot will be starting game 1 of the playoffs.

If they stay relatively healthy, the Kings will have one of the best regular seasons in franchise history.
It’ll be the difference maker having a 8.5M dollar 64 point center. I can feel it.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Grunstrom will retire from hockey to be an actual Swedish chef, forcing me to drop my schtick about Kempe. I will begin pining for Samuel Helenius to make the big club so I can call him Sam the Eagle and force a weak Muppet-themed continuity upon the board.

I am then almost universally blocked, except by Lt. Dan who takes pity upon me, though he trains himself to skip past my posts without reading them.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
By Christmas, Spence and Clarke are in Ontario and Blake will have traded a 3rd for Robert Bortuzzo or some other right shot vet to pair with Englund.

Kaliyev is traded by the deadline after bouncing line to line and being in and out of the lineup all season.

Dubois and Fiala are magic on the 3rd line and both clear 90 points if they play 82 games.

Talbot is adequate as a starter and the Kings win the Pacific but lose to either Edmonton or Vegas again in the 2nd round.

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

bland

Jul 1, 2004
After a surprisingly healthy start to the season, Alex Turcotte hits a PPG pace in Ontario before a January recall that sees him settle into the third line center position for years to come.

Dubois, before Halloween, shifts and remains a LW for the rest of his Kings career, and an emerging 50 point Byfield is dealt for Saros at the deadline after both Copley and Talbot see goals against averages under .900.

Jordan Spence' stellar AHL career reaches new heights in all statistical categories.

Arvidsson signs a 3 year extension.

The Kings, led by mighty viking Englund, lead the league in fighting majors, decisive wins, knockouts, submissions, and force the analytic folks to create a new "turtles forced" category.

Then they lose a 6 game first round series to Winnipeg.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
By Christmas, Spence and Clarke are in Ontario and Blake will have traded a 3rd for Robert Bortuzzo or some other right shot vet to pair with Englund.

Kaliyev is traded by the deadline after bouncing line to line and being in and out of the lineup all season.

Dubois and Fiala are magic on the 3rd line and both clear 90 points if they play 82 games.

Talbot is adequate as a starter and the Kings win the Pacific but lose to either Edmonton or Vegas again in the 2nd round.
I see what you did there.
Hidden behind your prickly prose, the Kings win a round.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
After a surprisingly healthy start to the season, Alex Turcotte hits a PPG pace in Ontario before a January recall that sees him settle into the third line center position for years to come.

Dubois, before Halloween, shifts and remains a LW for the rest of his Kings career, and an emerging 50 point Byfield is dealt for Saros at the deadline after both Copley and Talbot see goals against averages under .900.

Jordan Spence' stellar AHL career reaches new heights in all statistical categories.

Arvidsson signs a 3 year extension.

The Kings, led by mighty viking Englund, lead the league in fighting majors, decisive wins, knockouts, submissions, and force the analytic folks to create a new "turtles forced" category.

Then they lose a 6 game first round series to Winnipeg.
I was with you to the end, but I want to believe you meant to write "Edmonton."

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Byfield makes @Sol like him :naughty:

@Kurrilino concedes that Kopi had a good season.

We all agree our goaltenders are underpaid.

@bland thinks Blake had a plan after all.

Spence has 5 fights and wins them all.

Clarke is a Norris finalist but misses out due to East Coast bias.

@Statto actually makes a post that is successful in being funny… granted that one is really unrealistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad