Speculation: LAK 23/24 Bold Predictions

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
If this team stays healthy, I think they will easily be a 100+ point team. The difference is that the defense is a lot more solid and I think Clarke can be a Calder candidate.

Biggest question marks for me is if Byfield and Kaliyev keep getting better. If we see last year's Copley, I think we will surpass last year in points.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Bold predictions? Well may be not bold but Our 4th line will be Lizotte,Grundstrom and JAD with Lewis as a 13th Forward...Turcotte is in the running and so is Fagemo...Personally like to see JAD centre that line with Fagemo(LW) and Grundstrom(RW) and then have Turcotte play a ton in Ontario and be Injury Free for once in a long time

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
We start the season 2-9-1 , Todd gets canned, Arvidsson is moved for a goalie.

Finish as a wildcard team.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Roy is more likely to get re-signed than traded IMO.
It will interesting to see what Roy's "camp" thinks his worth is by season's end...top 4 minutes same as Gavrikov? Kings have some decisions to make and its early so let the games begin and lets see where the chips fall

Reactions: LAKings88

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
The thought that scares me is that Blake thinks the goaltending is fine. Look at what he gave the team last year. Leagues worst tandem for half the season, and then league average the rest of the way and into the playoffs. Not sure Blake sees goaltending as a priority based on development and drafting.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
With these goalies Kings don't make the playoffs. Koala finally gets canned.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Bjornfot Spence

I hope he is resigned but they are up against the cap with guys ready to step in.

I think Roy could fetch a first.
I thought it made the most sense to deal him at this past draft, because its highly unlikely that the Kings will be out of it at the deadline, you can't afford to lose a player like that going into the postseason, and letting a player of that quality walk for free because you don't have the space to re-sign him at a fair number next summer is flat-out stupid.

But... since our GM doesn't make hard decisions, over spends on the wrong shiney toys that fall into his lap, and waits until the last moment to give kids a fair shot, this was not unexpected.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Arvi gets extended.
Alex Laferriere plays well but no place on roster for him.
Overpay with prospects + picks for a goalie mid season.
Turcotte has a somewhat good healthy season with some NHL action.
JAD is gone sometime this year.
Byfield gets 40+ pt... no PP time.
PLD will have a slow start but better finish to the year.
Kempe will reach 45

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
108 points, book it.

We avoid the Oilers in the playoffs for once. In the next series, Eichel’s head ends up crooked after a vicious hit by Victor Arvidsson. His lack of depth perception causes him to fire in an own goal in game 7 in OT. Kings lose in the finals to a surprise Philly team. Philly fans riot, not because of the cup win but to physically remove Briere as GM as they feel he still hasn’t done enough in his first year as GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad