GDT: Laffs@Hawks 11/24/23 1pm Nbc sports chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Since have not seen a GDT for this game today started...thoughtI would open the discussion..

Expect Leafs to have a revenge massacre on put-clased Blackhawks.

To win ,Hawks need Leafs to take them lightly...and Hawks must have top goaltendibg performance..

But realistically...Leafs get 5 or more and Hawks get 2 orc3catmost..

You cannot haul out excuses...simply an over-match...again...

Reactions: hawksrule

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7129.jpeg

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Friedman on 32 Thoughts talking kinda how I’m thinking. This team needs NHL bodies at forward. Should be going our best to acquire guys who aren’t getting the role and could grow. Morgan Frost.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Friedman on 32 Thoughts talking kinda how I’m thinking. This team needs NHL bodies at forward. Should be going our best to acquire guys who aren’t getting the role and could grow. Morgan Frost.
The problem is that those players are expensive in trade acquisition.

Honestly I'd rather take both Kuznetsov and Mantha off Washington's hands and gain draft capital than spend it on players already struggling in the NHL. Noted exception is Kent Johnson.

Maybe you could get Johnson for cheaper by taking Laine. Stuff like that.

No reason to look for shortcuts, but they do have to walk a fine line of giving Bedard help and not being too good.

If the Hawks get a top 2 spot this year, they will be ineligible for the lottery for the next 3 years and that changes the calculus a lot.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The problem is that those players are expensive in trade acquisition.

Honestly I'd rather take both Kuznetsov and Mantha off Washington's hands and gain draft capital than spend it on players already struggling in the NHL. Noted exception is Kent Johnson.
Morgan Frost isn't really struggling in the NHL he just... isn't playing after his coach decided he didn't like him. He had a good season last year.. Its not really a shortcut. We need NHL bodies. Calling up guys and putting them into your 2C role and 3rd line RW isn't ideal. I realize we are down people but that is the whole point of this conversation.

We need people that can play in the NHL not just tweeners.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Morgan Frost isn't really struggling in the NHL he just... isn't playing after his coach decided he didn't like him. He had a good season last year.. Its not really a shortcut. We need NHL bodies. Calling up guys and putting them into your 2C role and 3rd line RW isn't ideal. I realize we are down people but that is the whole point of this conversation.

You willing to trade a 2nd and 3rd for Morgan Frost?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You willing to trade a 2nd and 3rd for Morgan Frost?
No. But I would move the 24 Van 2nd and maybe a 5th 2025 for Frost and a 4th 2024.

You can't just build only through the draft. We already have a ridiculous amount of picks. At some point you do need players that can play.

I'm not saying to blow up the plan. I think acquiring the right guy who fits the timeline isn't blowing up your plan.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You can't just build only through the draft. We already have a ridiculous amount of picks. At some point you do need players that can play.
Of course, but timing is everything. Throwing away 2nd round picks before hitting a competitive streak for the sort of player that can probably just be signed when they hit UFA with all the projected cap space doesn't seem all that wise.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Of course, but timing is everything. Throwing away 2nd round picks before hitting a competitive streak for the sort of player that can probably just be signed when they hit UFA with all the projected cap space doesn't seem all that wise.
Frost will be arb RFA after this current contract expires. He scored 46 points in a full season as a 23 year old. Center. Can play wing. I just don't view it as throwing it away.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I don't get why people think we need players other than who we have, for this year. It's a lost year, no one we bring in is really going to help Bedard anymore than who we have already playing with him. It's a waste to spend assets on them just to fill out our roster. If the right player comes along then sure, I just don't think Frost is that.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I don't get why people think we need players other than who we have, for this year. It's a lost year, no one we bring in is really going to help Bedard anymore than who we have already playing with him. It's a waste to spend assets on them just to fill out our roster. If the right player comes along then sure, I just don't think Frost is that.
Well clearly its not just a 1 season thing to acquire a guy who is signed for next year and is an RFA.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
73 in 168 GP, ‘99 birth, can’t stick in a Torts lineup. He’s not a special player, unlikely to be a core player on a big time team. There will be dozens of comparable talents over the years. Pass.

Reactions: belfour30

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
73 in 168 GP, ‘99 birth, can’t stick in a Torts lineup. He’s not a special player, unlikely to be a core player on a big time team. There will be dozens of comparable talents over the years. Pass.
Yeah because Torts is known for being the final say on if players can hack it. Also didn't realize .45 PPG at center isn't possibly worth a late 2nd and a pick swap.

Okay you don't like Frost its fine, my point still stands that injecting a new forward or two (Nazar, Dach, whatever) next year also isn't the answer I am looking for either. Adding players that are 21-25 still makes sense to me if its a long term bet.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Well clearly its not just a 1 season thing to acquire a guy who is signed for next year and is an RFA.
I realize that with Frost. But in your post you said we can't just be plugging guys in like we are doing, and that we need NHL bodies (I'm assuming you mean this year).

Why not? I don't see why we can't continue to just do what we are doing right now, for the rest of the year. Get Frost in the offseason if you want him, probably be cheaper.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I realize that with Frost. But in your post you said we can't just be plugging guys in like we are doing, and that we need NHL bodies (I'm assuming you mean this year).

Why not? I don't see why we can't continue to just do what we are doing right now, for the rest of the year. Get Frost in the offseason if you want him, probably be cheaper.
You can continue this year but I don't want progress to stagnate this year because we just kept losing and getting our heads bashed in every night. I think there has to be a balance. If that means we acquire a longer term guy who happens to assist a bit this year, I personally think its worth it.

You are welcome to disagree. I get the jist of not wanting to dump a bunch of assets because this year, results wise, doesn't matter. But there are actual people on the ice and I don't want us to just get our heads bashed in every night because we are playing 3-4 AHLers. We need to develop the guys that matter too.

Its just my personal opinion on team development. I think making tons of swings at the draft in the top 50 is important but I also don't want Bedard and Reichel and Korchinski and Vlasic to just get smoked every night either.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Why are we in a rush to improve our top 6? Why do we need more NHL caliber forwards? Don’t you guys understand how important it is to potentially land a top 2 draft pick next year? You not familiar with tanking? I mean it’s like every day now we have countless fans begging for us to make upgrades….I just don’t get it. We WANT to be bad. We WANT to lose.

Ask yourselves this….do you see this lack of veteran/top 6 proven NHLers having any kind of negative impact on the performance of 98? Or Kurashev? They seem to be developing just fine. Same with our rookie defenseman. That’s all that matters.

Now we have an opportunity to continue their individual growth AND pile up a bunch of losses/position ourselves quite nicely for the upcoming draft. Best of both worlds. Just stay the course and stop worrying.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Why are we in a rush to improve our top 6? Why do we need more NHL caliber forwards? Don’t you guys understand how important it is to potentially land a top 2 draft pick next year? You not familiar with tanking? I mean it’s like every day now we have countless fans begging for us to make upgrades….I just don’t get it. We WANT to be bad. We WANT to lose.

Ask yourselves this….do you see this lack of veteran/top 6 proven NHLers having any kind of negative impact on the performance of 98? Or Kurashev? They seem to be developing just fine. Same with our rookie defenseman. That’s all that matters.

Now we have an opportunity to continue their individual growth AND pile up a bunch of losses/position ourselves quite nicely for the upcoming draft. Best of both worlds. Just stay the course and stop worrying.
Don't think adding a player is taking us out of lottery consideration.

Sure if he’s the next Patrick Sharp, bring him in. I don’t see it.
Okay well none of us know the future so taking chances on guys in lesser roles than their talent is fine.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Sure if he’s the next Patrick Sharp, bring him in. I don’t see it.
We were hoping Sharp would be our 3C of the future. Versteeg was an energy guy with some talent we got for Bochenski I want to say? The idea is you give guys chances to fill these roles if they earn them. Right now it's straight roster filler that won't be here in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad