Post-Game Talk: Laffs 1 Jets 0 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The numbers showed that the Jets were scoring above expected rates early in the season so it's not surprising their offense was normalizing prior to Scheif's injury 10 games ago. Since his injury, the team has cratered at forward. Iafallo's been especially useless with 4 points in over 2 months.

The power play with the current players at this point, even when Vilardi and Scheif come back. It has been bad the entire season. The only hope is if they trade for a player(S) who can actually contribute with the man-advantage.

IS lindholm good on the power play?
I think the pp is more of a system issue than personnel. Lindholm may be good but this setup leaves alot to be desired.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Barrelling in on the goalie and firing it into his chest doesn't scream scorer.
No it doesn't but he rarely gets those opportunities so it's no surprise he's head down and letting it fly somewhere toward the net.
it would have been great to see him pot that one but he's got a ways to go before he's picking the corners like a goal scorer.
I like the player - hope he can pull it together and get some offense in his game (to go along with his D).

Someone in another thread had posted he's going to breakout... Well shit when you got 0 goals the bar is so low on what's a breakout :laugh:
There's something about him though - he leaves you wanting more and with the feeling there is more if he could just score a goal.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
That game restored my confidence despite the result. They played really well with a depleted lineup and almost shut the Leafs out for the first time in forever for them (according to that graphic that SN showed). They deserved to win that one.

And even if we had shut them out, so what? The SN graphic tomorrow would have read “if you don’t count the times that the Leafs scored zero goals, they haven’t been shut out since the days that they had to wait for the horse to drop the puck”.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
No it doesn't but he rarely gets those opportunities so it's no surprise he's head down and letting it fly somewhere toward the net.
it would have been great to see him pot that one but he's got a ways to go before he's picking the corners like a goal scorer.
I like the player - hope he can pull it together and get some offense in his game (to go along with his D).
Hey I like him too, picked him to score tonight, almost made me Karnac

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
We have been a bottom 10 team in terms of finish the last 10 games. I'm not that surprised our finish has regressed. Even more important the coaching staff figures out the pp.
Agreed. Did you notice when we had the abbreviated 4v3 opportunity how the leaf defenders simply stood in their normal box and let the boys move the puck around the outside? They didn`t have to move a stitch to keep all lanes to the net closed... . We tend to look better and create more scoring opportunities against teams that try to pressure/pursue the puck on the perimeter but I`ve noticed that teams are increasingly just standing in their box positions. It`s long past time time for our coach`s to make tactical adjustments.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

I said right after the game the Jets were clearly the better team and deserved the win. But Buds goalie stood on his head and those numbers prove that. Had the Jets had even two of the missing players never mind all of them they would of easily won the game. Now imagine a full Jets roster vs the Leafs and refs actually calling a real game. Easy Jets win

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

There's something about him though - he leaves you wanting more and with the feeling there is more if he could just score a goal.
There's lot of players like that in the nhl. He just joins the list of the rest of the mid (or worse) 4th liners. He started the season showing promise but were 20 games in now 0g 1a. On the basis that the PLD trade was supposed to supply additional scoring depth, 2/3s of the players from it really ain't doing much.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agreed. Did you notice when we had the abbreviated 4v3 opportunity how the leaf defenders simply stood in their normal box and let the boys move the puck around the outside? They didn`t have to move a stitch to keep all lanes to the net closed... . We tend to look better and create more scoring opportunities against teams that try to pressure/pursue the puck on the perimeter but I`ve noticed that teams are increasingly just standing in their box positions. It`s long past time time for our coach`s to make tactical adjustments.

Everyone knows exactly what we are going to do on the PP and defend accordingly. Our coaches need to spend the break devising something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad