Post-Game Talk: Laffs 1 Jets 0 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Excellent time to play Heinola and see what he has for a game before the break and then they have a much better read on him and can decide what to do with the D corps over the break.
Maybe we finally see Stanley moved?

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
he's actually played a lot better since he came back but people don't actually watch other teams around here so they don't know what's going on, were missing out most important line driver in scheifele of course we have a hard time scoring goals then add vilardi and jmo on top of that...
It's a few games. Overall this season, he is the worst. See goals above expected.

The offense is averaging around 1.5 goals per game since Scheif went down 7 games ago. Morrissey just went down this game and vilardi a couple games ago. This is not a very deep team offensively.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Not sure why it's seeming like Cheveldayoff is waiting until trade deadline to add. Maybe it's some weird GM thing I am missing where other teams sit on their players until the deadline but it's abundantly clear where a big weakness lies with this team. The offence. Fix it now if able, let whatever player they get gel with the team before the playoffs, and stop this ridiculous waiting around.
Probably becasuse shit happens.
Let's say he had just gone out and got someone like Lindholm and paid dearly for him and now JMo is out for 8-10 weeks and D is the big hole all of a sudden. If he had waited, he would have the cap space to get someone like Chych.
Chevy will probably make his biggest move about 10-14 days befor the TD.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

-13.6 in goals expected above average. Dead last in the NHL. He is the worst and we couldn't even muster a goal.

I can't believe some here were suggesting that this team stacks up depth-wise to the 2017-18 team.

Two good starts in a row for him, and again, I don't know how you could say things were easy for him tonight.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not sure why it's seeming like Cheveldayoff is waiting until trade deadline to add. Maybe it's some weird GM thing I am missing where other teams sit on their players until the deadline but it's abundantly clear where a big weakness lies with this team. The offence. Fix it now if able, let whatever player they get gel with the team before the playoffs, and stop this ridiculous waiting around.

The longer he waits the more cap space he accrues. So it's in his best interest to wait so that he can add more then one piece.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Cheveldayoff said that in 2017-2018 Stastny wasn't even available at this time of the year and last season Nino wasn't available until 10 days before the deadline. More players may become available by the deadline and waiting till the deadline lets you accrue capspace that you don't have right now.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Jets will domin Next Leafs’ visit.
🦓🦓🦓will have no room at Assiniboine Park accommodations.
Awesome Croissant and Dillon , as well as Nido, Lows and Ehlers.
Barron was good, Perfetti and Ehlers too.
Domination on Leafs forthcoming…
It would’ve nice to let Croissant have that one!
He was Awesome.
If I’m a leaf fan, I would be very worried that my healthy team could barely beat a massively depleted Jets team even with the refs helping the leafs all game. Yikes, leaf’s look bad
You are undoubtedly a great and knowledgeable hockey fan.
On behalf of all Manitobans who grew up playing pond hockey behind the cowshed, thanks for your kind words .

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
it would have been a good effort for the injuries even before jmo went down, the effort was there just couldn't finish, we were the better team majority of the night we just need to get healthy, I don't know what some people are watching but this team is good...
This team wouldn't have had a chance a year ago when we were "offensive" -
Our team game is so much better and that is what is allowing us to be competitive under these circumstances.

Some of the comments about our lack of offense are over the top - we were without our #1 Dman who is a huge part of our offense - and we were missing 2/3rd's of our top line. Of course we struggled on offense - but we didn't struggle with our team game.

Now if we were leaf fans and our high powered, healthy offense was held to one goal when the opposition was missing a major chuck of their team - and had their back up in the net, in our rink, I would be very very worried about there chances this season. Personally, I feel great about ours after this effort.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
45s of a PK, even 4v3, is less than 10% of a GA. A shootout is 50% to win. As soon as “coming back and scoring on the bounce back” is out of the picture and it’s all defence to the whistle, you just gotta do it.

10s left though, like that goddamn Eichel goal with 8s left, is just inexcusable.
explain this like I'm a child because this makes little sense... we should take a penalty because it's a 10% chance they score instead of a shootout because it increases the odds of losing, so does the shoot out just get cancelled after we kill the penalty? because last time I checked had we taken a penalty and killed it we would have been headed to a shoot out regardless...

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Gotta almost be happy Leafs got the lone goal cause I'm not sure what the Sportsnet panel would have talked about had it been the Jets. Jets win Saturday and its 3 points out of 4 going into the break. Not bad.
If Morrissey is out, we probably get Heinola in. He has played well conditioning on the moose.
I like your attitude. Tiny-Heiny is a nuclear bomb. Light the fuse.
And watch from a nuclear-shielded blast OP.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
To be fair Perfetti is playing with a non NHL caliber C right now and Iafallo who has been awful lately. What do people expect him to do with those linemates.
I expect his best game - nothing more.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It's a few games. Overall this season, he is the worst. See goals above expected.

The offense is averaging around 1.5 goals per game since Scheif went down 7 games ago. Morrissey just went down this game and vilardi a couple games ago. This is not a very deep team offensively.
doesn't matter how he was playing before his break it's how he is currently playing which he was pretty f***ing good tonight... our offense is fine when healthy and will be even better at the deadline, for w/e we lack in the offense department we more then make up for by being elite defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad