Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
this post is satire right?

This isn't satire... it's Winnipeg...

giphy (25).gif

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Does everyone have the flu? That was a poor hockey game. Stuck to our system but no desire to chase offense.

Connor and Ehlers were horrid.

Disagree. Great game by Connor. Connor is playing better hockey than he has in a long time. Only one bad play by him all night when turned over the puck to AM34 on the first shift other than that he was really good.

With the injuries the Jets had... they'd take this game any day.

Would Bowness stop trying to make Lowry a scorer it hasn't happened all the years he has been here and it wont start now.

Lowry being out on 3 on 3 is 100% justifiable. With the way 3 on 3 is played winning the faceoff is quite possibly the most important thing as otherwise the other team just rags the puck until they get a grade-A chance. Lowry did his job and won that defensive zone faceoff. Blame Pionk for not doing his and turning over the puck.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This team is Mark Scheifele, without him the scoring dries up, other players higher up in the lineup and it doesn't work. Losing Joshua for any length of time will hurt. Luckily we got only one game left till the break
Remember when people wanted Scheifele ejected out past the Perimeter highway, never to be seen in a Jets uniform again?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
it would have been a good effort for the injuries even before jmo went down, the effort was there just couldn't finish, we were the better team majority of the night we just need to get healthy, I don't know what some people are watching but this team is good...

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Doubt we earned any respect from self dignified leaf fans but hopefully the small minority of intelligent ones saw the Jets aren’t a pushover
I was a leaf fans years and years ago as I grew up in southern Ontario. Don’t loose any sleep over trying trying to earn any kudos or respect from any Leafs fans. Most are pompous aholes who have had the parade idling in the garage for decades.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Disagree. Great game by Connor. Connor is playing better hockey than he has in a long time. Only one bad play by him all night when turned over the puck to AM34 on the first shift other than that he was really good.

With the injuries the Jets had... they'd take this game any day.

Lowry being out on 3 on 3 is 100% justifiable. With the way 3 on 3 is played winning the faceoff is quite possibly the most important thing as otherwise the other team just rags the puck until they get a grade-A chance. Lowry did his job and won that defensive zone faceoff. Blame Pionk for not doing his and turning over the puck.
Lowry should change once he wins the face off and we get possession

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
We could not score one goal against the worst goalie in the NHL. The power play failed again. The offense on this team is not deep.
he's actually played a lot better since he came back but people don't actually watch other teams around here so they don't know what's going on, were missing out most important line driver in scheifele of course we have a hard time scoring goals then add vilardi and jmo on top of that...

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
The only forward I have to complain about tonight is Iafallo... the guy always looks like he is running out of time and unable to control the puck when its on or near his stick in the offensive zone. We all rag on Appleton but Appleton can atleast make plays and get shots off... I am shocked Iafallo was a consistent 45 point player for the Kings. With his puck skills he looks like defensive 20-25 point 4th liner.

Give Barron on a shot up the lineup.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I said the Jets would only beat the Leafs if Brossoit/Helly stood on their heads and let in 1 goal the other day. Turns out I over-estimated the Jets.:rolleyes:

The lack of offense on this team is beyond pathetic. This team is not deep offensively despite what many here were saying earlier in the season. It doesn't hold a candle to the depth of the 2017/18 team that was missing Scheifele for 20 games but didn't miss a beat.

We were shut out by the worst goalie in the NHL. Let that sink in.
I think the fwd depth is similar. However the potency in 17-18s pp was definitely on another level would help mitigate any dry spells at even strength. Not that the PP tonight got many opportunities though. We were down both vilardi and Scheifele tonight too so that's two top 6ers.

Call it unfair... But the two other LA guys ain't really doing much this year outside of iafallos first 15 games. Fine defensively and adhering to the team's system and coaching. But they were supposed to supply additional scoring depth and ain't doing that

Any way getting 1 pt with a backup goalie, without scheifele + vilardi + 2/3s Morrissey against a good team.. Just take it and go.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
Not sure why it's seeming like Cheveldayoff is waiting until trade deadline to add. Maybe it's some weird GM thing I am missing where other teams sit on their players until the deadline but it's abundantly clear where a big weakness lies with this team. The offence. Fix it now if able, let whatever player they get gel with the team before the playoffs, and stop this ridiculous waiting around.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
He's not the worst goalie in the NHL, and even if he was, I don't think you could watch that game and come away thinking the Jets made it easy on him.

-13.6 in goals expected above average. Dead last in the NHL. He is the worst and we couldn't even muster a goal.

I can't believe some here were suggesting that this team stacks up depth-wise to the 2017-18 team.

Reactions: hn777 and AlaskaJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad