OT: LA Angels of Anaheim Baseball Discussion (continued again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Just allow steroids again. Hitters benefit far more than the pitchers do.

I laugh, but this is probably the truest statement to bring back offense.

With all the new technologies, if a pitcher can make said pitches, then the hitters are at a disadvantage. Look at Pujols, he either hits a HR or hits into the shift.

But the Angels, like seven years back, had the whole team hitting over .300. Maybe it's just a groove thing or something. I don't know. Maybe it's part coaching - look at Maddon.

Oct 18, 2011
sometimes you gotta be patient with these kids....the angels system seems to be in shambles and most think they made a poor first round pick....

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Um, don't you mean David Freese?

We also got Salas in that trade. I think we could have gotten Freese just for Petey. I could be wrong. I would be fine if it were Petey for Freese alone. But apparently we also wanted Salas.

I'll always remember Randall as the guy who was drafted before Mike Trout. But Randall was slowly improving. Yet, we can all blame Trout to skewing what's the normal trajectory of reaching the Show. LoL

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Sad to say that Pujols is our only primary offensive weapon this year. It's crazy to say that, but I'm happy. We need to keep winning vs Houston to close that gap. I still don't know where the offense will be coming from. I just hope our pitching catches fire!

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'll say it again: Moreno is a jack ass.

Him and Scioscia are on a serious power trip. They hire a GM and don't let him instill his philosophies. Now we're going to get another Reagins-like puppet at GM.

duxfever

Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA

Him and Scioscia are on a serious power trip. They hire a GM and don't let him instill his philosophies. Now we're going to get another Reagins-like puppet at GM.

Yup. Which makes it even more obvious that Scioscia was calling the shots when Reagins was the GM too.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I personally cannot wait for the day when Moreno announces he's selling the team. Hopefully before he runs them into the ground.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I personally cannot wait for the day when Moreno announces he's selling the team. Hopefully before he runs them into the ground.

Yeah, but he'll never sell unless a Donald Sterling type scandal comes out unfortunately. Arte's problem is that he doesn't actually give a **** about the on field product. Don't let the idiotic free agent spending fool you. He's all about TV deals and headlines (hence the dumbass name change). If he was actually about winning, he'd let a GM like Dipoto implement his philosophy fully and not force him to sign aging players whose best days are behind them. Smart organizations like the Cardinals and Giants have owners who let the baseball people make the baseball decisions. All those teams owners do is kick back and write the checks. That's clearly not what happens with this mess of an organization. Pretty frustrating

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I would say DiPoto is the one on a power trip. I get he's trying to help, but let Sosh manage and worry about making the team better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad