Rumor: Kypreos - Pacioretty and LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The Mayor and TPF have BOTH reiterated that Vilardi isn't going anywhere.

I don't think this will happen as Boston, who is rumored to be in on the Nash sweeps, probably won't have enough CAP room and will make a much better offer than Rob Blake.

Blake has nothing to offer. He said TODAY the Fake Kings have traded away all of their 2nd round picks, and they've been trading away their 1st round picks with little to show for it (Sekera and Lucic? Ouch!).

With the Fake Kings losing at home to the Oilers tonight, they're a 1st round exit, easy. (IF they make it!) Again. Why mortgage the future for one year of Patches. That guy is gold and isn't going to L.A. unless its for Pearson plus a defenseman (we have many) and a pick. (Toffoli isn't going anywhere).

MTL can get better than what Blake is offering.

I would do it for Pearson + 1st + JAD

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Blake should get fired if he offers that.

He won't. i call BS on Kypreos, as always.

Pacioretty won't be traded before deadline. He played entire game last night. He wouldn't have played if an important deal was close.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don’t think Max playing last night means he isn’t getting traded. Plek was likely held out because a deal is close, but a lot can happen in 2 days for a Max trade to line up.

There will be players who play Saturday and Sunday traded on Monday.

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
If Canadiens wants this :

1st 2018 + Tiffoli + Pearson + Vilardi

Kings needs more than Patch. (galchenyuk ?, A. Shaw?, pick?)

Add something to be a win win trade.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Max is 30 this year with one year left on his contract with a 4.5 million dollar cap. Habs have got full value out of him. He will want term and big bucks on his next contract to make up for it. Habs would be happy to see someone else pay for it if they get some decent cost controlled pieces but Vilardi and a first this year. No.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I really can't see LA having any interest in Moving Toffoli but I wouldn't be shocked if Pearson was available as a roster player in a Pacioretty trade. Especially if the Habs were to fully retain on Pacioretty.

As a fan I would really just add futures to he deal, but GM's really value established players. If Vilardi isn't available than you have to think MB would demand one of Anderson-Dolan or Clauge or both.

Definitely think the Habs want the kings 2018 1st. Local boy Joseph Veleno anyone? Worked out real good last time.:sarcasm: LA probably gets the option to defer the pick to 2019 if they miss the playoffs.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don’t think Max playing last night means he isn’t getting traded. Plek was likely held out because a deal is close, but a lot can happen in 2 days for a Max trade to line up.

There will be players who play Saturday and Sunday traded on Monday.

Off course he can still be traded. But nothing was close if he wasn't a healthy scratch. I don't believe at all he will be traded before deadline.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
ridiculous. Neither will ever become what Pacioretty is.

The jump from Toffoli to Pacioretty is not that big, to say that he will never become just as good.

Toffoli is 25, soon 26. He is in his prime.
TT is already averaging 27 goals in his last 3 seasons, based on 82 GP, while playing for defense first LA.

I can see what he meant, not so much for Pearson.

Last edited:

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
He won't. i call BS on Kypreos, as always.

Pacioretty won't be traded before deadline. He played entire game last night. He wouldn't have played if an important deal was close.
He played 22 minutes (pretty high), have to think they are showcasing as much as possible.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
Based on the Nash trade...Pearson, Vilardi and a 1st isn't out of the realm of possibility

Pacioretty>>Nash

Lol... Wow...no
30 yr 1st line winger
1 year term
30 goal scorer

For
25 yr 2nd line winger
3year tem
15-20 goal scorer

Organizations best prospect drafted 11OA in 2017

Potentially lottery pick in 2018

do you see how gap? The difference between Pearson and patches is not a top prospect and 1rd pick... Sorry i don't see it

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The Nash trade was a lot of getting rid of Belesky, as much as it was acquiring Rick. I still think Vilardi, 1st and something small is enough.

I also understand Kings fans not wanting to move Vilardi. I wouldn't want MTL moving Poeling, but I think it's not as desperate as many think. Kopitar and Carter still have a lot of legs and the West is wide open. Nashville looks great, but LA has the main pieces that can beat them.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Does LA have any cap dumps to give Montreal? Prices get alot higher if montreal will take back a bad contract as well

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Ok, but i wouldnt trade either for patches. Nice player but in two years he'll get paid.

It's a hard call. I'm a big believer in Pacioretty, and he's a lot better than either of them, and they're at the age where they probably won't improve more, even if they'll be good longer than Pacioretty. Also, if you're LA, with Doughty, Kopitar, and Carter at the ages they are, you almost have to make that go-for-it move.

I guess my perspective is, obviously you try to get him without moving Villardi, Pearson, OR Toffoli, and if St. Louis is serious about not moving Kyrou/Thomas, then I think it's a pretty realistic possibility. But if you gotta give one up, your choice is between trading Pearson, and not improving by as much as trading prospects/picks would improve you immediately (hurting that "go-for-it" bit), or trading Villardi, and giving up someone who probably gives you a solid shot at another core to build around once those guys decline. I probably prefer to trade Pearson, because I think you can find an undervalued guy who'd be easy to acquire who does what he does. It's a really tough call either way.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Nothing against Pacioretty but LA isn’t in the position to trade their top assets for him. Blake will not do it...

Not necessarily disagreeing, and maybe asking because now I'm curious about what Kings fans think, but like... why not? The team hasn't been great this year, but if you figure Kopitar, Carter, Doughty, and Muzzin are still great (granted, you haven't seen much of Carter), don't you feel like you gotta go for it and get what's left out of them while that's still true? I would wanna give this core every chance to keep winning Cups that I could.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
He played 22 minutes (pretty high), have to think they are showcasing as much as possible.

You may be right but i don't think it is necessary to showcase Pacioretty anymore. And if i recall right, there wasn't even 1 scout in attendance for last game.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The jump from Toffoli to Pacioretty is not that big, to say that he will never become just as good.

Toffoli is 25, soon 26. He is in his prime.
TT is already averaging 27 goals in his last 3 seasons, based on 82 GP, while playing for defense first LA.

I can see what he meant, not so much for Pearson.

Offensively is probably close to even. Maybe giving the edge to pacioretty. But his two-way game is a mile ahead of Toffoli.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
You may be right but i don't think it is necessary to showcase Pacioretty anymore. And if i recall right, there wasn't even 1 scout in attendance for last game.
Agreed on all accounts, the scout thing doesn't really matter though, they all still watch the highlights and Pacioretty was involved in a lot.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Pacioretty played because he isn't a UFA. You sit your captain, who isn't a UFA, and it gets dicey if the right deal isn't there. Pacioretty was amazing by the way...

I hope this Nash deal wakes folks up to what Pacioretty's return should be. Pacioretty is certainly the much better piece, younger, better, locked up for longer and for less... A 1st and a top prospect for 1.5 years of Pacioretty is market price.

Reactions: schnapshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad