Rumor: Kypreos - Pacioretty and LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Prospects are so overvalued on this site it's scary. Pacioretty is on an absolute sweetheart contract, is almost a lock for 35 + 30 yet he won't fetch a prospect who's only got a chance at becoming a 1st line centre, most likely a 2nd line centre? Especially for a team like LA who should be going all in considering they got Doughty for the next year at least and they might as well try to make something out of these next 2 playoff runs.

I dont disagree with your sentiment regarding prospect value or pacioretty being underrated here but lets cool it on "almost a lock" because "almost locks" for that statline arent pacing for half of that.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t know about Vilardi, maybe he’s the next Great One. But I doubt it. And if a decent prospect is holding up a deal for Pacioretty, the Kings are just wasting time. Vilardi har har.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Kings trying to load up would be a huge mistake. That team just isn't winning a cup this year even if everything goes well.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I don’t know about Vilardi, maybe he’s the next Great One. But I doubt it. And if a decent prospect is holding up a deal for Pacioretty, the Kings are just wasting time. Vilardi har har.
dude think about it. Say your rangers were a bubble team, like the Kings, and needing a push to make the playoffs, would you sacrifice Chytil or Anderson for Pacs?? From what I gather on HF, no fanbase would say yes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
dude think about it. Say your rangers were a bubble team, like the Kings, and needing a push to make the playoffs, would you sacrifice Chytil or Anderson for Pacs?? From what I gather on HF, no fanbase would say yes.

The Kings already won it all as an 8th seed. Not saying they will load up, but I think their mentality is different from other teams.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

It depends a ton on the age and contract status of the core. In LA's case, all of Doughty, Toffoli and Muzzin are set to become free agents within three years or less.

Add in that Kopi, Carter, Quick and Muzzin are all on the wrong side of 30, and there's a very compelling reason to mortgage the future for the next two years/Cup runs. When the above are all 34+, it will be time for a rebuild anyway and a player like Vilardi won't be missed all that much.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
You get Pacioretty at $4.5M for 1 season.

Then, he is an UFA and you will likely have to pay him $7M.

How much do you give up for that asset?

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
It depends a ton on the age and contract status of the core. In LA's case, all of Doughty, Toffoli and Muzzin are set to become free agents within three years or less.

Add in that Kopi, Carter, Quick and Muzzin are all on the wrong side of 30, and there's a very compelling reason to mortgage the future for the next two years/Cup runs. When the above are all 34+, it will be time for a rebuild anyway and a player like Vilardi won't be missed all that much.
So much wrong with post it's hard to pick where to begin. Kopitar just turned 30 six months ago. Quick is 32, Cater just turned 33 and has been a 60+ point player the last three years and Muzzin is only 28.

And a guy like Vilardi who will replace Kopitar/Carter will definitely be missed. Big centers with his skill set are hard to come by. That's why Habs fans are insistent on him being included in any hypothetical deal for Pac.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
I'd trade Toffoli or Pearson + for Patches. Problem is, figuring out what that + would be. No Vilardi, if that's what it takes then I would definitely not be interested.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think trading Toffoli or Pearson for Patches would be spinning the wheels. And we obviously can't afford to trade Vilardi.

So either a deal is made without the above assets or we will keep looking. There's multiple wingers available.

Reactions: go4hockey

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Kings will fight for the playoffs with the guys we already have. This is a "see where we're at season" regarding the entire reserve list. A different story come the draft and free agency.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

CBGB

Aug 11, 2005
The Mayor and TPF have BOTH reiterated that Vilardi isn't going anywhere.

I don't think this will happen as Boston, who is rumored to be in on the Nash sweeps, probably won't have enough CAP room and will make a much better offer than Rob Blake.

Blake has nothing to offer. He said TODAY the Fake Kings have traded away all of their 2nd round picks, and they've been trading away their 1st round picks with little to show for it (Sekera and Lucic? Ouch!).

With the Fake Kings losing at home to the Oilers tonight, they're a 1st round exit, easy. (IF they make it!) Again. Why mortgage the future for one year of Patches. That guy is gold and isn't going to L.A. unless its for Pearson plus a defenseman (we have many) and a pick. (Toffoli isn't going anywhere).

MTL can get better than what Blake is offering.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
Good point, Montreal would almost certainly be able to find a better deal than what Blake would offer. I'm guessing he ends up in Florida.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The Mayor and TPF have BOTH reiterated that Vilardi isn't going anywhere.

I don't think this will happen as Boston, who is rumored to be in on the Nash sweeps, probably won't have enough CAP room and will make a much better offer than Rob Blake.

Blake has nothing to offer. He said TODAY the Fake Kings have traded away all of their 2nd round picks, and they've been trading away their 1st round picks with little to show for it (Sekera and Lucic? Ouch!).

With the Fake Kings losing at home to the Oilers tonight, they're a 1st round exit, easy. (IF they make it!) Again. Why mortgage the future for one year of Patches. That guy is gold and isn't going to L.A. unless its for Pearson plus a defenseman (we have many) and a pick. (Toffoli isn't going anywhere).

MTL can get better than what Blake is offering.
I dont think anyone wants to pay that price. I don't think patches will get traded.

Oduya

May 30, 2014
Kings should go for someone that they don't have to give up too much. They're out of the playoff picture for now..

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He says they believe the Canadiens have asked for Pearson and Toffoli, which may not get it done, but at least a 1st round pick and perhaps Gabriel Vilardi might be the piece to get the deal done.

Interesting. Obviously it's just rumblings, but if Patches fetched Vilardi 1:1, or better Vilardi + --- this board will implode.

If I had a dollar for everytime I read "Patches will never fetch Vilardi" I could have bought the Carolina Hurricanes by now; could be fun.
Pacioretty should fetch at least that much. Bassard fetched a First, decent prospect and a player. Ffs

Reactions: bonneaug and Jee

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
He says they believe the Canadiens have asked for Pearson and Toffoli, which may not get it done, but at least a 1st round pick and perhaps Gabriel Vilardi might be the piece to get the deal done.

Interesting. Obviously it's just rumblings, but if Patches fetched Vilardi 1:1, or better Vilardi + --- this board will implode.

If I had a dollar for everytime I read "Patches will never fetch Vilardi" I could have bought the Carolina Hurricanes by now; could be fun.

Absolutely not going to happen.

Now you can buy a candybar too.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingCanadain1976

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Failed to get a point and gain ground tonight against Edmonton.

Kings should probably be sellers.

There’s still 20 games left! That’s 25% of the season to go, and they’re two points out of a spot with a game in hand on the Ducks and Flames!

The Kings are where they are having played 75% of the season without last year’s leading scorer, Jeff Carter. Karlsson notwithstanding, Jeff Carter would be the biggest trade deadline deal of this season, and for all intents and purposes, the Kings just got him without giving up anyone in return.

If anyone knows what a hot streak can do for a team, it should be Kings fans.

Here’s the deal. The Kings shouldn’t be buyers or sellers. The Kings have a few extra pieces - bottom-six forwards and bottom-four defensemen - and if the Kings can package those players and non-first-round picks for something that can help the team, then they should do it. If not, the Kings shouldn’t do anything, because they just got their 30-goal-scoring, playoff-performing second-line center back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad