Player Discussion: Kyle Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I absolutely believe this, but you have to take it in proper context. The Jet's market is the "fans" and the more fans they have attending games, and watching TV telecasts, the more revenue the Jet's will bring in. If I owned the Jet's I would surely read a lot of the threads to keep in touch with how the fans are reacting to the play of the Jet's and management decisions.

Example- there was a lot of "noise" and unrest on these boards about the Jet's goaltending, and left side defense to close last season. Well, what happened, is the Jet's heard the discontent, and they went out and signed a goalie ( Mason) and a LD in (Kulikov). It's in the Jet's financial interest to keep the fan's happy. As an owner you can't get a better read on the "fans sentiment" than these boards provide. If fan attendance drops off, you can bet they want to get a feel as to why ???

With that being said, do I think they run "day to day" operations by what is said on these boards--"absolutely not"--it would be ridiculous. All of these guys proposing all of these various trades etc, would not even resonate with Jet's management. It's only when certain topics become very "heated and debated" that these forums will have some influence-- like what to do on the Trouba situation ??? I'm sure the Jet's managment would like to keep the fan's happy.

This is a very interesting topic though Ducky, and nobody really knows "for sure" but yes, I personally think these boards do have "some influence" on decisions that the Jet's management will make. They just can't run the club "totally" the way the fans would like, but I think they do consider what the fans would like to see-- but it has to make sense though.
Nope. Otherwise they would try Laine and Schief. That is what most fans on here are clamoring about.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Had to go back 6 pages to find a thread on this guy.

Can't believe all these HF arm chair GMs talking about possibly trading this guy to make a run for the SC :huh: .. Unbelievable!

This guy is, in his first year, miles ahead of golden boy Ehlers in terms of hockey smarts IMO, and will surpass him easily (if not already) next year.

If anything, I'd trade Ehlers any day of the week before I trade Connor.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Had to go back 6 pages to find a thread on this guy.

Can't believe all these HF arm chair GMs talking about possibly trading this guy to make a run for the SC :huh: .. Unbelievable!

This guy is, in his first year, miles ahead of golden boy Ehlers in terms of hockey smarts IMO, and will surpass him easily (if not already) next year.

If anything, I'd trade Ehlers any day of the week before I trade Connor.

Is that what's happening? I haven't read many threads on the boards lately but who'd wanna trade him? If true, glad I took break from boards.
Also, ehlers and Connor; let's keep both :)

I was so high on him going into last year and when he took step back I heard about it. Glad he's become player I knew he could be!

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He might be good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-18-22-11-45-617_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-18-22-11-45-617_com.android.chrome.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 79

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
He is quietly having a very impressive rookie campaign. He is starting to gain confidence in the offensive end, making and driving plays.
He has a shot at 30, if he continues to play with Scheif and Wheeler.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
He is just scratching the surface, yes it helps playing with Wheels and Chef but think about the beginning of last year and see how far his game has come.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Nope. Otherwise they would try Laine and Schief. That is what most fans on here are clamoring about.

I think they want Laine to try to figure out to carry his own line. It will come.
Once that happen, if the forward group is not monster match up already

We can imagine wave after wave
Wheeler and Schiefele coming 1st
next up Little and Perrault
next up Laine's line
then Lowry's line to punish them

good times coming!!! GO JETS GO

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I think they want Laine to try to figure out to carry his own line. It will come.
Once that happen, if the forward group is not monster match up already

We can imagine wave after wave
Wheeler and Schiefele coming 1st
next up Little and Perrault
next up Laine's line
then Lowry's line to punish them

good times coming!!! GO JETS GO
Ehlers can carry that line into the offensive zone. The aim will be for Laine to produce more at 5 on 5. He will.

I also like Connor with Scheifele and Wheels, but I LOVE the idea of three scoring lines. That's the the strength of the current setup.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Was Connor such a forechecker in college? So frickin good at stripping pucks and pressuring the d.

Michigan really is about letting the guys play. Not much system. Did moose really develop him?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Was Connor such a forechecker in college? So frickin good at stripping pucks and pressuring the d.

Michigan really is about letting the guys play. Not much system. Did moose really develop him?

I seriously don’t know how this guy isn’t a PPG+ Player with the way he plays(some nights I think he’s the best player on the ice), his Shot is great(absolutely love his wrister), his hands are Elite, his Skating Elite, his vision is vision is absolutely amazing and he’s so good at forechecking... I don’t get it, what is he missing that is keeping him from scoring(cause he never looks bad)..

Reactions: GNP

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Several of his draft profiles note his strong forecheck and d game, using his speed and IQ to strip pucks etc. It was part of his game at Michigan but not sure he had to depend on it given his usual line mates. It has been noticeably developed on the Moose IMO before Farmboy swam up to the big club.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He has all the tools to be a 40 goal scorer in his peak years. Fast, shifty, great hands, accurate shot and high offensive IQ. I didn't think he would be this good off the jump (was expecting a 20/20 kind of year) but man he is impressive.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I really hope he gets back to the level of skating he was at prior to his jump to pro. He had a bit more jump to his speed but adding the extra strength took a bit of that away. Starting to find his stride as the goalscorer I thought he would become. We should have no issues scoring goals with guys like Laine, Scheif, Connor, Ehlers and Roslovic in the coming years.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I really hope he gets back to the level of skating he was at prior to his jump to pro. He had a bit more jump to his speed but adding the extra strength took a bit of that away. Starting to find his stride as the goalscorer I thought he would become. We should have no issues scoring goals with guys like Laine, Scheif, Connor, Ehlers and Roslovic in the coming years.
Connor's release on his wrister reminds me of Sakic. The rest of his game obviously isn't at that level, but I've always thought his release was elite. Not the hardest shot, but well timed with near zero telegraph.

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
Connor is so smart and efficient in his game. You can see him processing the game and trying to learn every game. 27 and 29 need to take some notes.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Connor is so smart and efficient in his game. You can see him processing the game and trying to learn every game. 27 and 29 need to take some notes.

I think him and Roslovic come from a different development path. They really had to earn their way onto this team. Whereas because of Laine and Ehlers already well matured and defined skillset they had a bit less of a roadblock to get here.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Connor is a deadly sniper, and has "magic hands" - and I see him scoring 50 goals within the next 3 years. He's the best Jet in close, with limited space to work with, and usually always scores within 2 to 6 ft. of the goaltender. Most guys just shoot it into the goalies pads. Connor can get that puck up and into the top corner.

What we really haven't seen, is how good he is from 15 -20 feet out ??? I'd like to see his slap shot, and what he can do from the outer ranges--something like Laine does. If he's also good from a distance, the sky is the limit. He's a keeper.

Reactions: mazmin

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Connor is a deadly sniper, and has "magic hands" - and I see him scoring 50 goals within the next 3 years. He's the best Jet in close, with limited space to work with, and usually always scores within 2 to 6 ft. of the goaltender. Most guys just shoot it into the goalies pads. Connor can get that puck up and into the top corner.

What we really haven't seen, is how good he is from 15 -20 feet out ??? I'd like to see his slap shot, and what he can do from the outer ranges--something like Laine does. If he's also good from a distance, the sky is the limit. He's a keeper.
Has lept over Ehlers in terms of value to this team IMO. Yes indeed, definately a keeper!

Reactions: KB1971

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Curious what his ceiling is as a player. 50 goals isn't very realistic but I think he could scratch 40 in the next several years. The Jets are going to face a significant cap crunch at some point eh.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Curious what his ceiling is as a player. 50 goals isn't very realistic but I think he could scratch 40 in the next several years. The Jets are going to face a significant cap crunch at some point eh.

Seems like a stretch to me. I'm thinking 25-30 goals most years.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Seems like a stretch to me. I'm thinking 25-30 goals most years.

Seems like he will come close to 30 this year and I think KC is getting better still. The last several games he has looked phenomenal. So quick and shifty.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Seems like he will come close to 30 this year and I think KC is getting better still. The last several games he has looked phenomenal. So quick and shifty.

Sure, I just don't think his improvement will come in the goal department. More assists and bettr defensively is where I see his growth coming

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

KC has typically upped his game in the later parts of a season, I'd expect to see a few more goals out of him for sure.

Kid is a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad