Player Discussion: Kyle Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
What's going on with him? Producing at an almost PPG with the moose, which obviously isn't good enough this year. Will we see him in the league next year? Paired with who? Expected a second round playoff run from this team this year and put them ahead of the Oilers and Leafs in terms of development... time will tell I guess. :popcorn:

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Point per game with the Moose isn't good enough?

I expect him to play with the Jets next year on the third line paired with Lowry and Armia.

Next season I see:

Laine Scheif Ehlers
Perrault Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Armia
Copp Roslovic Petan/Tanev/Mathias

Dano to LV in expansion draft.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I expect him to play with the Jets next year on the third line paired with Lowry and Armia.

Next season I see:

Laine Scheif Ehlers
Perrault Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Armia

I obviously haven't seen Roslovic play in the NHL yet, but it would be nice to see if he could push Lowry to the 4th line eventually, centering Connor and Armia.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017

Next season I see:

Laine Scheif Ehlers
Perrault Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Armia

I just meant the AHL points don't really mean much and if so a player would probably have to be doing real well to break the Jets roster. If you look at the leaders in points... who are they? I've heard reporters mention not to look too far into the points in that league. Anyways thanks! Had a chance to catch the jets on the road once this season, Laine is something else.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
You're more than welcome to refer to me as the former, if you have to. I apologize for not asking the admin to allow me to start at 2500 posts to earn my board merit. :laugh: I drafted him (Connor) in my pool back in 2015 and as I see Konecny and now Boeser come up from the same draft I was only curious as to when Connor will get his full time shot.

Good chance it will be next year

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
You're more than welcome to refer to me as the former, if you have to. I apologize for not asking the admin to allow me to start at 2500 posts to earn my board merit. :laugh: I drafted him (Connor) in my pool back in 2015 and as I see Konecny and now Boeser come up from the same draft I was only curious as to when Connor will get his full time shot.

Go check out the Moose thread. Full of Connor highlights.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
I just meant the AHL points don't really mean much and if so a player would probably have to be doing real well to break the Jets roster. If you look at the leaders in points... who are they? I've heard reporters mention not to look too far into the points in that league. Anyways thanks! Had a chance to catch the jets on the road once this season, Laine is something else.

While they don't mean as much as NHL points obviously,, they still matter. You don't usually see players who aren't successful at the AHL put up massive points at the NHL level.

As for why he wasn't brought up with those numbers, I think the Jets realized when he was up earlier this year that he wasn't quite ready. Hence they sent him down so he could get used to the pro game for the rest of the year, regardless of how well he has played.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

He had his full time shot to start the year.
He will get another next year.

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015
He'll be fine. Bulk up in the offseason a bit and there will be no problem for him on the roster. At almost point per game on a lousy AHL team is pretty impressive.

Roslovic will have a tougher time cracking the lineup being a centre. The defensive responsibilities are greater and it takes a bit more work. I could see him starting off in the AHL next year, but locking down a regular role in the NHL at some point in the season.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Connor to do 45-50 points !!!

Connor has that rare talent that's hard to find-"scoring touch"- he is a sniper and can hit the twine high, low, or anywhere. I think he'll do at least 45-50 points next year, with around 25-30 goals.
Add that to Laine and Ehlers increasing point production, we'll have an "offensive powerhouse"-now just need to address "goalie situation."

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
Laine Scheif Ehlers
Perrault Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Armia

I like this lineup. Swap Perreault and Connor if necessary. Dano to LV is quite convienent.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
No questioning the kid's skill set - very good skater, good vision, very good hands and real quick release.

He could certainly can make some noise, next year with the big team

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Seemed capable in the d-zone and definitely did not look lost out there, goal was a beauty Rinne thought he had the short side covered.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
This is exhibit "A" on why players need time with the Moose to develop. I've been to 8 or 9 Moose games the last few months, so I've stayed fairly caught up with his development. But I'm SO glad it came across tonight! He started on the fourth line and only lasted there 3/4 of a period or so. I'll be shocked if he's not in our top six next year. But if he's not, we're gonna have one heck of a third line!!!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That was a pure goal scorer's goal tonight - great speed to get some separation, and he had very little time to figure out where he was going with that shot. Great hands.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Connor is definitely ready. Probably start on the third line, but should end up with Wheeler or Laine on the other wing.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Petan-Roslovic

I think Roslovic makes the team in camp. His trajectory has been outstanding.

Perreault gives Maurice his shutdown third line, but with some scoring punch.

Connor gets vets to play with, and blazing speed. Wheeler will get lots of assists with Connor.

Laine back with Scheifele and Ehlers.

4th line has speed and skill.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Connor is definitely ready. Probably start on the third line, but should end up with Wheeler or Laine on the other wing.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Petan-Roslovic

I think Roslovic makes the team in camp. His trajectory has been outstanding.

Perreault gives Maurice his shutdown third line, but with some scoring punch.

Connor gets vets to play with, and blazing speed. Wheeler will get lots of assists with Connor.

Laine back with Scheifele and Ehlers.

4th line has speed and skill.

This is what i was thinking as well for lines but had Little and Scheifele reversed.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Ehlers .... Scheifele....Laine
Perrault..... Little .......Wheeler
Connor.......Rozlo......Armia
Copp......Lowry.......Mathais
Lemiuex

(DANO gone in exp. draft)

TROUBA.......Morressay
BUFF.......Poolman
Myers .......Enstrom

CHARROIT