Confirmed with Link: Kuznetzov (50%) for 2025 3rd

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Honestly though, it does seem like a bad fit. Rod's system has always pushed defensive responsibility from his forwards, so we grab one of the worst defensive forwards in the league? Almost immediately after he was kicked off his previous team due to a coke problem?

It just seems unnecessarily risky, especially after RBA made a big speech about not messing with the chemistry of the team

Reactions: chaz4hockey and ndp

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Curious why wouldn’t we have claimed him for free off waivers? Now we’re paying a 3rd rounder. None the less intriguing pickup

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
this is an incredibly exaggerated argument. Our overall team defense is elite and our system is built with safeties in play for guys who are offense minded.
our system depends on everyone playing defense, equally. Bunting couldnt do it and was a bad fit, and Bunting is better than Kuzy has been the last 2 seasons.

Curious why wouldn’t we have claimed him for free off waivers? Now we’re paying a 3rd rounder. None the less intriguing pickup
dont want a 7.8 million cap hit, 3.9 is somewhat better.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Honestly though, it does seem like a bad fit. Rod's system has always pushed defensive responsibility from his forwards, so we grab one of the worst defensive forwards in the league? Almost immediately after he was kicked off his previous team due to a coke problem?

It just seems unnecessarily risky, especially after RBA made a big speech about not messing with the chemistry of the team

The day after we get another guy that everyone is saying isn't good defensively either.

We can always re-waive him and make him disappear if it doesn't go well. For a 3rd round pick, I don't mind the gamble as he could legitimately be the 2C if he fits. But I agree with the concerns.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I don't mind it for this year, but all the stuff we're going to need to do this off-season I don't like the extra year. I guess if he can keep his nose clean and plays decent, we could flip him with 50% retained for other assets?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

He does play for Hershey right now, right?

MV5BODAwZDQ5ZjEtZDI1My00MTFiLTg0ZjUtOGE2YTBkOTdjODFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad