Confirmed with Link: Kuznetzov (50%) for 2025 3rd

Cormag001

Feb 9, 2019
Kuznetsov at 2 yr / 3.9m AAV for a third round pick is just good business all around. I'm sure Washington is happy. I'm happy to have another guy competing for 2C -- especially a veteran with playoff pedigree. If he sucks, he sucks. Not a big deal. Maybe playing for a playoff team will rejuvenate him a bit.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I mean to those who think Drury was doing good enough as a 2C, this is how desperately different management thought.

And what they currently think of KK as well.

Could be this, could be a two part solution to the problem of offensive finish. Drury’s current slot may have less to do with it than the lack of gamebreaker (in playstyle, not slot).

Probably a good bit of both.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Kuznetsov at 2 yr / 3.9m AAV for a third round pick is just good business all around. I'm sure Washington is happy. I'm happy to have another guy competing for 2C -- especially a veteran with playoff pedigree. If he sucks, he sucks. Not a big deal. Maybe playing for a playoff team will rejuvenate him a bit.
If he sucks, we have burned at least 1 million just to buy him out or 3.9 million of cap space when we dont have any to spare next year.

Reactions: MinJaBen

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
IMG_4686.png

If there’s one guy I trust to get Kuzy going it’s Rod

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Is there any move that would make you happy or are you just trolling at this point
Im not sure how you get excited about this move based on his last 2 seasons. Going to get someone that actually makes sense for team at a reasonable price would be nice.

Reactions: Chrispy

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Im not sure how you get excited about this move based on his last 2 seasons. Going to get someone that actually makes sense for team at a reasonable price would be nice.
I guess you missed the Guentzel deal last night? Man you’re hard to please. Name me the players you wanted them to get realistically

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I'm more in the "I Don't Know" camp than actively for or against. This is a massive locker room risk based on what we know about this guy. It's also an open question as to why his play and on-ice results tanked the last couple of seasons. But before that, he absolutely played at a star's level. Do the Canes trust Rod, Jordo, and (almost certainly) Orlov to keep him on the straight-and-narrow?

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I mean you're risking 1.5% of the cap for a guy who was a PPG player less than 2 years ago. It's the kind of risk you should take in an effort to not be the fourth best team every season.
being a PPG player is nearly meaningless when he stood around and watched the other team on you on the regular.

if he was a pending FA, no issue. its a whatever risk. That 2nd year is a huge no and should have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad