Player Discussion Kris Knoblauch: Don’t Judge a Knob By Its Polish

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It’s pretty much speculation on my part, but Knoblauch strikes me as the player-friendly coach who isn’t actually friends with the players. I feel that might have been a weakness on Woodcroft’s part.
Objectivity requires not being specifically bonded with certain others. That was a struggle for Woody and possibly due to him being transitioned from AHL-NHL here with some of the players making that same transition.

I always trusted supervisors that would stay impartial and not socially involved with others over those that would socially frequent certain employees. Indeed used to be supervisors would avoid association beyond work environment.

Knob is fair and impartial as I see it.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Shine's starting to come off. Would be nice to have a coach whose contingency plan isn't "Load up the top line".

Now people are screaming about adherence to "systems play" but if you want that you need a coach hyper obsessed (and yes) with a giant ass ego about their system.

You need an old fart of a coach like Sutter or Torts if that's what you want, but the same posters who now are banging the drum about needing to play a system also don't want to hire a coach like that.

Well it's like "tough shit". This is what you get then, a rookie coach is not going to reinvent the wheel here or bench superstar players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad