Konstantin Koltsov

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Hope the news isn't true but RIP if it is.

I have fond memories of watching him in the X generation years. Those teams were bad but were like a guilty pleasure type of thing. KK was a typical blazing fast player that's hands and processing couldn't keep up with his crazy speed. Most players that fast can't. McDavid is the rare talent that can. It's what makes him so special.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
This, I think if he ever developed something remotely close to a secondary trait he could have been a prototype for what Hagelin became.
He was so fast, but shockingly physical, would throw himself into just about anyone.

I have always said if the pens had stuck with him he would have been a killer 3rd liner who caused havok with his speed and aggression and could chip in 10-15 a year.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
What did he die of?
An article I read said a detached blog clot. Scary how many Pens players have dealt with blood clots in recent years. You could be walking around incredibly healthy and then all of a sudden it's over, scary stuff.

Koltsov was a fan favourite and we were all rooting for him to break out back in the day. This blows.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
An article I read said a detached blog clot. Scary how many Pens players have dealt with blood clots in recent years. You could be walking around incredibly healthy and then all of a sudden it's over, scary stuff.

Koltsov was a fan favourite and we were all rooting for him to break out back in the day. This blows.
At least it was something medical and somewhat natural, and not drugs or something like that.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad