Konstantin Koltsov

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Posting to say I still hate Drake Berehowsky.

I was at a game where he got called twice for closing his hand on the puck. How often do you see that called, let alone twice with the same guy like ten minutes apart?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I miss Josef Beranek.

make-it-stop-o.gif

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm a little defensive about Koltsov. He had good hands. His first goal is a testament to that. Him juking Chara twice in the same game is another. He just couldn't combine his hands with his skating together. because of his crazy upper body motions to get to top flight. But he wasn't your typical Euro. He hit, he crashed the net, he played with reckless abandon. He was fun to watch.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Sorry for writing here, I just want to ask. Is it true that he has just passed away in Miami, USA? Source

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
lol, what? no. nobody's reported that in any English or Czech sources

and considering the fact that he's dating aryna sabalenka, it'd be all over the papers if he did die.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I'm a little defensive about Koltsov. He had good hands. His first goal is a testament to that. Him juking Chara twice in the same game is another. He just couldn't combine his hands with his skating together. because of his crazy upper body motions to get to top flight. But he wasn't your typical Euro. He hit, he crashed the net, he played with reckless abandon. He was fun to watch.
Yep at a time when all we really had to look forward to was the draft Koltsov was a fun guy to watch, man could that f***ing guy skate, he could go from behind his own net to behind the attacking net in the blink of an eye.

Reactions: Jacob

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
A friend of mine is a long time Pens fan and always name drops Konstantin Koltsov as being an awful player during years of the Penguins being in the basement. How was thought of during his career by Pens fans and what was expected of him at the time?
Konstantin, is that you?

You had elite speed and that was about it. You were just caught it in that odd assortment of misfit toys that plagued the Penguins from the second they traded Jagr.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Posting to say I still hate Drake Berehowsky.

I was at a game where he got called twice for closing his hand on the puck. How often do you see that called, let alone twice with the same guy like ten minutes apart?
I remember a game when The Drake lost his left glove and broke his stick twice on the same shift.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
He was incredibly gifted with his speed but that was the issue. He was so fast I don’t think he ever had to develop other aspects of his game.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
He was incredibly gifted with his speed but that was the issue. He was so fast I don’t think he ever had to develop other aspects of his game.
This, I think if he ever developed something remotely close to a secondary trait he could have been a prototype for what Hagelin became.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad